Feature Request

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feature Request

I have a Sat heater that I have put on a Z-wave switch. It would be nice to be able to put in homeseer of current conditions as in (Raining, Snowing, and Sunny) or something of that sort! I am sure others would use it differently but for me I would have it set with homeseer any time it is snowing to turn on the Satellite Dish Heater. I can see using rain for people with sprinkler systems and such.

The Snow

I see how to get Light snow or what it is right now on the homeseer status page but thats all I really can do at this point. There is nothing that will let me write anything that if A=Snow then turn on.

Comment

if someone know how too

If anyone know how you can do this and I am just missing it. Any Help would be really Helpfull.

Thanks In Advance

Comment

I did something similar to this in order to trigger an event whenever it started to rain...I based this determination on a combination of Current Condition (which could read Light Rain, Heavy Rain, or whatever), rain today, humidity, and temperature.

I added the plug-in's Current Condition, Rain Today, Humidity, and Temperature devices to Homeseer and then created a recurring "Check for Rain" event that CONDITIONALLY runs every 3 minutes. The conditions keep the event from triggering constantly when there's no rain in sight or after it's already been triggered. So this recurring "Check for Rain" event only runs every 3 minutes when my "FLAG - notified of rain" flag isn't set to true and either when humidity is high and temp is low or when rain today > 0. The "Check for Rain" event, when actually triggered, runs a simple script which searches the Current Condition device's string value for the text "RAIN", "Rain", or "rain". If found, it sets the aforementioned "FLAG - notified of rain" flag to true...and it is this flag's status change to true that my "Rain Detected" event triggers on.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by IKUS; January 21, 2010, 08:28 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X