Help with a script.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with a script.

I found a script in here and have modified it a bit to send the current weather alert to a device code that I use for other things as well. It's worked great for a month or more but todays alert came in all in uppercase letters. Usually the alert is not sent that way but today it was. The line I use to send the output to the device is

PHP Code:
            hs.SetDeviceString("Z90",String.Format("{0}"strAlertTypestrAlertTitle),True
    Is there a way to convert it to lowercase before sending it to the device? Also, would that effect anything if the alert was already in lowercase?
    Marty
    ------
    XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
    Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Try:

hs.SetDeviceString("Z90",String.Format("{0}", lcase(strAlertType), lcase(strAlertTitle)),True)
    Jon

Comment

Thanks jon, I shall give it a whirl.
      Marty
      ------
      XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
        Try:

hs.SetDeviceString("Z90",String.Format("{0}", lcase(strAlertType), lcase(strAlertTitle)),True)

That did the trick jon, thank you very much. I was so close, I found the lcase command, I just couldn't get it in the right place!

Thanks again.
        Marty
        ------

Comment

You can also use:
          PHP Code:
          hs.SetDeviceString("Z90",String.Format("{0}"strAlertType.ToLowerstrAlertTitle.ToLower),True
          Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
            You can also use:
            PHP Code:
            hs.SetDeviceString("Z90",String.Format("{0}"strAlertType.ToLowerstrAlertTitle.ToLower),True
            No wonder I have so much trouble with scripts, there never seems to be "THE" way to do it.
            Marty
            ------

Comment

The method I showed you is the older programming style but works in both VBS and VB.NET. Ultra showed you how it is done in VB.NET exclusively.
              Jon

Comment

Ah, I think I understand, I think. As things evolve there are duplicated means of doing the same thing.
                Marty
                ------

Comment

Working...
                X