Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alerts for areas other than selected stations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alerts for areas other than selected stations?

I didn't think I lived in the middle of nowhere, but after trying this plugin... I feel like I do.

I just installed this plugin and LOVE it! It seems to be very well thought out. Nice job!

My problem though is that the closest stations are 20 or more miles away. I can live with that when it comes to temperature and other data. I'm struggling with the alerts though - they just aren't for our area. I would either hear alerts for a city 20 miles west of us or for one 20 miles east of us.

This made me wonder - would it be possible to add a feature that would give alerts for a supplied zip code? I don't mean for it to replace the current alert system, but just an additional option.

Any thoughts?

Thanks for your time and great work on this plugin!

Brian

bump

Comment

The weather forecasts and alerts are already done by zip code (or city code). You can check the zip code used by opening hspi_ultraweatherbug.ini, then finding [Station1], then looking for the CityCode entry.

Example:

[Station1]
      CityCode=12345:0
      CityName=AnyCity, MI USA
      StationId=ABCDE
      StationName=SomeSchool JHS [7.67 miles away]

In this example, 12345 is the code used and 0 indicates it is a zip code (a 1 would indicate it is a city code).

Regards,
      Ultrajones
      Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Working...
      X