My first alert.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My first alert.

Welli, today I got my first weather alert, all worked fine until I noticed that the alert was being repeated over and over. Aim assuming it's the event that I created to check on alerts every 3 min. My question is, how can I make it announce only once?
    Hector
    MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
    AP800,Honeywell Stat

I use the built in trigger of when any alert is sent by the plug-in. I use the " Station1, Weather Alert: Any" but you may want to choose a specific stations alerts to trigger on.

The built in trigger on triggers when an alert is issued or a new one comes in so it's not running constantly.
    Marty
    ------
    XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
    Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by nightwalker View Post
      I use the built in trigger of when any alert is sent by the plug-in. I use the " Station1, Weather Alert: Any" but you may want to choose a specific stations alerts to trigger on.

The built in trigger on triggers when an alert is issued or a new one comes in so it's not running constantly.
      Ok, can u elaborate a little on this, where is this built in trigger?? Is this a action option?
      Hector
      AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

no, it's a trigger like any of the others that HS or plug-ins give you a choice of.
        Attached Files
        Marty
        ------
        XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2

Comment

Thanks Marty, did not see that one How often do you poll your stations?
          Hector
          AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

using the options in the plug-in i have it checking the stations every 10 minutes and forecasts and alerts every 30 minutes. If you're in hurricane alley you may want to check the alerts a little more often
            Marty
            ------

Comment

Working...
            X