X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ultrajones
    replied
    Originally posted by Rotech View Post
    Yes, I've been sending them as a text. I will try the email way. Is sending email preferable then text? (In general?)
    Yes, for me e-mail is the preferable delivery method for HomeSeer notifications.

Leave a comment:

• Rotech
    replied
    Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
    Are you sending the alerts so they show up as an SMS text message? If so, either your phone or your provider may be limiting the number of characters in the text message.

Have you tried sending the messages to an e-mail account that the phone has access to? When I had an Android, I sent up a gmail.com account and used it exclusively for HomeSeer alerts. Gmail push notifictions worked so well that I was able to recieve a garage door notification before it was fully opened.

Regards,
    Ultrajones
    Yes, I've been sending them as a text. I will try the email way. Is sending email preferable then text? (In general?)

Leave a comment:

• Ultrajones
    replied
    Are you sending the alerts so they show up as an SMS text message? If so, either your phone or your provider may be limiting the number of characters in the text message.

Have you tried sending the messages to an e-mail account that the phone has access to? When I had an Android, I sent up a gmail.com account and used it exclusively for HomeSeer alerts. Gmail push notifictions worked so well that I was able to recieve a garage door notification before it was fully opened.

Regards,
    Ultrajones

Leave a comment:

• Rotech
    replied
    Ok, HS reported 3 alerts and yes the email alert where sent completely to another email acct. Does this mean it won't work for my phone?

Leave a comment:

• Rotech
    replied
    Ok, I will then post the results. Thks

Leave a comment:

• Ultrajones
    replied
    Originally posted by Rotech View Post
    Oppss, thank you much, I forgot to erase that part. I receive the notification thru my droid phone as a text message. But I do recall receiving the info before.
    Can you try sending to an alternate e-mail address to see if the title and message summary are still missing?

Regards,
    Ultrajones

Leave a comment:

• Rotech
    replied
    What type of e-mail client are you using to read the alert e-mail?
    Oppss, thank you much, I forgot to erase that part. I receive the notification thru my droid phone as a text message. But I do recall receiving the info before.

Leave a comment:

• Ultrajones
    replied
    I set up the same alert and received the following:

Weather alert for Station1:
    Posted on: 6/23/2012 5:01:00 AM
    Expires on: 6/24/2012 8:00:00 PM
    Type: {this is blank in the WeatherBug output}
    Title: A STATEMENT IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 8:00PM EDT SUNDAY, JUNE 24
    BEACH HAZARDS STATEMENT IN EFFECT FROM 2 PM EDT THIS AFTERNOON THROUGH SUNDAY EVENING FOR FL: Pinellas,Hillsborough,Manatee,Sarasota,Charlotte,Sarasota,Le e - THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN TAMPA BAY RUSKIN HAS ISSUED A BEACH HAZARDS STATEMENT FOR A MODERATE RIP CURRENT RISK-WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM 2 PM EDT THIS AFTERNOON THROUGH SUNDAY EVENING. * HAZARDS-A MODERATE RIP CURRENT RISK. * TIMING-THIS AFTERNOON THROUGH SUNDAY. * LOCATION-AREA BEACHES ALONG THE SUNCOAST AND SOUTHWEST FLORIDA FROM PINELLAS COUNTY SOUTHWARD THROUGH LEE COUNTY.

What type of e-mail client are you using to read the alert e-mail?

Leave a comment:

• Rotech
    replied
    Here is a screen shot of the alert and the other of the setting page. The text message that I recieved has the the flowing:

[UltraWeatherBug Alerts For Riverview]
    Weather Alert for station1: Riverview
    Posted on: 6/23/2012 5:01:00 AM
    Expires on: 6/24/2012 8:00:00 PM
    Type:

That all the message I recieved.

{ ULTRAJONES EDIT: I removed the attachments as they contained your personal e-mail addresses }
    Last edited by Ultrajones; June 23, 2012, 03:15 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Rotech
    replied
    I will have to wait for the next alert, previous one is no longer there.

Leave a comment:

• Ultrajones
    replied
    The alert page please.

Leave a comment:

• Rotech
    replied
    Can you post the contents of the alert you received?
    What do you mean? From my text or from the alert page?

Leave a comment:

• Ultrajones
    replied
    Can you post the contents of the alert you received?

Leave a comment:

• Rotech
    replied
    I just upload UltraWeatherBug HSPI version 1.0.4536.15151 which fixes the issue you reported. Sorry for the inconvenience.
    Ok, I think I see another problem, before updating to ver. I was getting text when there was a alert and I still do, but it's not coming in completely. Only thing I get is station name, posted date and expiring date, but not the title nor the summary.

I checked the text template and all the required info to send the text is there, I even tried defaulting template but have not seen any changes.

Leave a comment:

• Rotech
    replied
    I just upload UltraWeatherBug HSPI version 1.0.4536.15151 which fixes the issue you reported. Sorry for the inconvenience.
    Down loaded new ver. All seems ok now. Thk for your prompt response.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X