Alert Oddity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alert Oddity

We've been getting a ton of alerts here lately and I think it's exposed a plug-in weirdness. I'll do my best to explain as I only notice it when there are multiple alerts with differing start and end times.

Yesterday we had about 8 different alerts, ranging from thunderstorms to excessive heat. What happens is one alert comes in, things work fine, another comes in a bit later and things change as they should and get announced and so on and so on.

The trouble happens as alerts expire and are removed the devices showing the title and type do not change and stays at the last alert the plug-in reported.

For example this morning i have one alert still showing in the alerts section, however it does not match what the alert devices are showing as the current alert. The plug-in device is still reporting the last alert to come in, even though it has expired and been removed.

I hope this makes sense.
    Attached Files
    Marty
    ------
    XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
    Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Sometimes I swear I've hit the invisible button on here.
    Marty
    ------
    XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2

Comment

Sorry, I missed this post. Thanks for providing details. I'll look into this as soon as possible.

Regards,
      Ultrajones
      Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Thanks for taking a look, it all seemed a bit weird to me. Hopefully I've described it well enough so you know what to look for.
        Marty
        ------

Comment

The last alert value is just that... it is the last alert received from WeatherBug. When alerts expire, they are removed from the list of alerts. This can cause a disconnect between the list of active alerts and the last alert received. The last alert value isn't cleared until 0 alerts remain.

Regards,
          Ultrajones
          Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Hmmm, is there a way to manually trigger the plug-in to send the current alert to the device? I could always trigger a script when the plug-is only showing one current alert so I know it's the correct one.
            Marty
            ------

Comment

Bump
              Marty
              ------

Comment

Ultra, I hate to be a complainer here in general, but I have to risk it. Could you please have a look at the alert system in UltraWeatherBug? I get maybe half of the alerts that are supposed to come through and even those that do come through don't show up in the devices, instead I get N/A. In the last two days I've gotten two weather alerts, today a freeze alert, no big deal, but yesterday was a tornado alert that would have been nice to be aware of. I've included two screen shots showing that In fact a weather alert did come in and it's listed just fine but the UltraWeatherBug devices for the alerts only show N/A for some reason. This used to work pretty well but something has changed in the last year or so and I've been having troubles off and on since.

If there are any tests or logs or date you need I'm happy to provide them to you in the interest of getting this back to it's former reliable self.
                Attached Files
                Marty
                ------

Comment

I'll rewrite the alert mechanism so it keeps alerts by station instead of by alert ID. This should take a few days ...

Regards,
                  Ultrajones

Comment

Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
                    I'll rewrite the alert mechanism so it keeps alerts by station instead of by alert ID. This should take a few days ...

Regards,
                    Ultrajones
                    Oh thank you, it's been a bit of a thorn in my side for awhile now. It was just the weirdest thing to see an alert but not have the plug-in devices show it.
                    Marty
                    ------

Comment

Hello. I think I found the section of code that was causing the alert oddity. It could possibly happen if you had multiple stations defined. Please download and install the version I just posted to see if you still see the discrepancy between the HomeSeer device and the alerts.

After the update I just made, any alert will remain until their expire date specified in the original alert.

Regards,
                      Ultrajones

Comment

Can you also send me your station Id to ultrajones@hotmail.com? I want to add it to my system and track the alerts.

Regards,
                        Ultrajones

Comment

Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
                          Hello. I think I found the section of code that was causing the alert oddity. It could possibly happen if you had multiple stations defined. Please download and install the version I just posted to see if you still see the discrepancy between the HomeSeer device and the alerts.

After the update I just made, any alert will remain until their expire date specified in the original alert.

Regards,
                          Ultrajones
                          I'll download later today and give it a whirl. Thank you for checking into this. I do have multiple stations defined, however not for the same information. In my area not all weather stations are created equal, some report one piece of info but not another so I needed to combine them to get a more complete weather picture.

I'll also send in the information you requested.
                          Marty
                          ------

Comment

just to let you know, we got our first alert since the new version. all worked just fine. So far so good
                            Marty
                            ------

Comment

Working...
                            X