Forecast Speech Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forecast Speech Error

Just bought the UltraWeatherBug HS3 plugin, love it! Works good with HSTouch too!

I have the forecast spoken each morning but the word "Winds" is actually spelled out when spoken and with an extra "N". So the speech literally speaks each letter as such: W I N N D S.

While it's rather funny I would rather hear the word "Winds" instead. It appears the extra N is fooling the speech engine.

Yes, I need to address this. If I don't add the extra N on my system, it says winds (to move in a spiral, or circular course).

Regards,
    Ultrajones
    Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Gotcha. I find myself having to occasionally mis-spell a word in my speech events to get relatively close to the correct pronunciation. I wonder if "Wins" would go somewhat unnoticed in the context of the phrase. I'll play around tonight. I'm using Neospeech's Bridget, which has a British accent but I have other voices as well to test with.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

Comment

How to get Forecast into HStouch?

Comment

Hi Walberg, You can use the "Status Tracking Normal" field in HSTouch Designer.

Cheers

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Comment

UltraJones,

The word "Wins" sounds fine in my opinion. Especially in the context of a sentence pertaining to a forecast.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Comment

East spoken "E"

UltraWeatherBug3 - 3.0.5285.19250
              In the "Speak (*:*):Weather forecast for Station1:", I noticed East is pronounced "E". Another time for SW, it spoke the word. I just downloaded this last night, so everything is set to default speech parameters.

Jun-29 12:02:22 PM TTS
              Southwest winds 5 to 15 miles per hour.
              Winds will be 4 miles per hour from the E.

Comment

Speaking "wind"

I saw a post where you were trying to fix "wind" so it didn't say wind (the clock). With NeoSpeech, I've noticed a capital vs. lower case "W" makes is say it differently:

Southwest winds 5 to 15 miles per hour. (Says wind, like wind the clock)
                Southwest Winds 5 to 15 miles per hour. (Says wind, like windy).

I've also used "Whinds" for winds (are blowing) successfully with NeoSpeech.

Comment

Degrees "F"

F

Jun-29 1:15:35 PM TTS Speak (*:*):Current weather conditions for Cumberland: Temperature is 79.5 and ...
                  Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                  X