Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UltraWeatherBug for HS2 / New WeatherBug Pulse API

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • UltraWeatherBug for HS2 / New WeatherBug Pulse API

    I hope to have UltraWeatherBug for HS2 converted to the new WeatherBug Pulse API within a week (possibly as soon as tomorrow night). I had to upgrade the Windows .Net Framework from version 2 to 3.5 to support the new API. I still have to test the creation and updating of HomeSeer devices and test HomeSeer triggers, actions and conditions.

    Regards,
    Ultrajones
    Attached Files
    Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

  • #2
    Thanks!!!!

    Sounds great, Thanks!

    Comment


    • #3
      http://api-portal.earthnetworks.com/user/register
      Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

      Comment


      • #4
        After I installed it from the updater, the aspx page was not the latest (with the fields to enter the API keys). I deleted it, did a repair installation and then had the latest with the two fields to enter the API key information. Also after entering the key, I had to restart HS2/plugin and working fine now. Thank you.

        Comment


        • #5
          A few notes / questions
          • I appears that the "Rain Rate" and "Rain Month" are the same value
          • Are the APIs supported to fetch station current condition and forecast information?

          I am using the APIs in one of my script:

          - Station("current-condition")("Value") returns 4 (i.e. the value) instead of "Partly Sunny"

          - How would I build the URL to the icon? I used to use the code below

          PHP Code:
          Dim strCondition As String Station("current-condition")("Misc")
          Dim strImageSize As String "65x55"
          Dim strImageType As String "trans"
          Dim strConditionIcon As String String.Format("http://img.weather.weatherbug.com/forecast/icons/localized/{0}/en/{1}/cond{2}.png"strImageSizestrImageTypestrCondition
          - similar to get the forecast, the following fails (the second line throws an "Object variable or With block variable not set." exception)

          PHP Code:
          Dim strDayName As String DayOfWeek("ShortName")
          Dim strShortPerdiction As String Forecast(strDayName)("short-prediction"
          Update: I dumped the content of all hastables and both the Forecast and DaysOfWeek contain content but but the key for the Forecast hastable is 1, 2, 3, etc while the DaysOfWeek does not contain a value that can be used as a key to find the forecast as it used:

          PHP Code:
          DaysOfWeek #0 key = ShortName , Value = SUN
          DaysOfWeek #0 key = LongName , Value = Today
          DaysOfWeek #0 key = ForecastName , Value = 0 Day
          DaysOfWeek #1 key = ShortName , Value = MON
          DaysOfWeek #1 key = LongName , Value = Tomorrow
          DaysOfWeek #1 key = ForecastName , Value = 1 Day 
          Last edited by pcp; May 4, 2014, 11:19 AM. Reason: Additional info

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by pcp View Post
            After I installed it from the updater, the aspx page was not the latest (with the fields to enter the API keys). I deleted it, did a repair installation and then had the latest with the two fields to enter the API key information. Also after entering the key, I had to restart HS2/plugin and working fine now. Thank you.
            I installed and after I entered the key, looked at the log:

            5/4/2014 3:27:36 PM - Error - Web Server Error 404, cannot serve file: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS2\html/images/hspi_ultraweatherbug/NNE.gif
            5/4/2014 3:27:36 PM - Error - Web Server Error 404, cannot serve file: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS2\html/images/hspi_ultraweatherbug/rain.gif
            5/4/2014 3:27:36 PM - Error - Web Server Error 404, cannot serve file: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS2\html/images/hspi_ultraweatherbug/SSE.gif
            5/4/2014 3:27:36 PM - Error - Web Server Error 404, cannot serve file: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS2\html/images/hspi_ultraweatherbug/cond070.gif
            5/4/2014 3:27:36 PM - Error - Web Server Error 404, cannot serve file: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS2\html/images/hspi_ultraweatherbug/temperature.gif
            5/4/2014 3:27:36 PM - Error - Web Server Error 404, cannot serve file: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS2\html/images/hspi_ultraweatherbug/NW.gif
            5/4/2014 3:27:36 PM - Error - Web Server Error 404, cannot serve file: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS2\html/images/hspi_ultraweatherbug/wind.gif
            5/4/2014 3:27:36 PM - Error - Web Server Error 404, cannot serve file: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS2\html/images/hspi_ultraweatherbug/time.gif

            How do you know if the consumer key and secret key has been entered correctly? the consumer key is visible, but the secret ket goes blank when you save.
            Hector
            ____________________________________
            Win.2003 OS, HS3
            BLDSC,BLstat,BLRadar,BLRamdom,BLOccupied
            BLups,BLrain8,HSTouch,Ultrajones Weatherbug,
            MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
            AP800,Honeywell Stat

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Rotech View Post
              I installed and after I entered the key, looked at the log:

              5/4/2014 3:27:36 PM - Error - Web Server Error 404, cannot serve file: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS2\html/images/hspi_ultraweatherbug/NNE.gif
              5/4/2014 3:27:36 PM - Error - Web Server Error 404, cannot serve file: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS2\html/images/hspi_ultraweatherbug/rain.gif
              5/4/2014 3:27:36 PM - Error - Web Server Error 404, cannot serve file: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS2\html/images/hspi_ultraweatherbug/SSE.gif
              5/4/2014 3:27:36 PM - Error - Web Server Error 404, cannot serve file: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS2\html/images/hspi_ultraweatherbug/cond070.gif
              5/4/2014 3:27:36 PM - Error - Web Server Error 404, cannot serve file: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS2\html/images/hspi_ultraweatherbug/temperature.gif
              5/4/2014 3:27:36 PM - Error - Web Server Error 404, cannot serve file: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS2\html/images/hspi_ultraweatherbug/NW.gif
              5/4/2014 3:27:36 PM - Error - Web Server Error 404, cannot serve file: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS2\html/images/hspi_ultraweatherbug/wind.gif
              5/4/2014 3:27:36 PM - Error - Web Server Error 404, cannot serve file: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS2\html/images/hspi_ultraweatherbug/time.gif

              How do you know if the consumer key and secret key has been entered correctly? the consumer key is visible, but the secret ket goes blank when you save.
              Please deleted any of the existing HomeSeer devices and re-create them.

              You can check if the key is valid from the UltraWeatherBug > Status page.

              Regards,
              Ultrajones
              Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

              Comment


              • #8
                I am also getting this error at startup:

                5/4/2014 5:24:30 PM - UltraWeatherBug In - The remote server returned an error: (400) Bad Request.
                5/4/2014 5:24:30 PM - UltraWeatherBug In - The remote server returned an error: (400) Bad Request.
                5/4/2014 5:24:30 PM - UltraWeatherBug Er - An unexpected error occured in the GetForecastWeather function/subroutine: [System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at HSPI_ULTRAWEATHERBUG.HSPI_WEATHERBUG.GetForecastWeather(Stri ng strStationNumber)]
                5/4/2014 5:24:30 PM - UltraWeatherBug Er - An unexpected error occured in the GetLiveWeather function/subroutine: [System.InvalidCastException: Conversion from string "" to type 'Double' is not valid. ---> System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format. at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ParseDoub le(String Value, NumberFormatInfo NumberFormat) at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ToDouble( String Value, NumberFormatInfo NumberFormat) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ToDouble( String Value, NumberFormatInfo NumberFormat) at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ToDouble( String Value) at HSPI_ULTRAWEATHERBUG.HSPI_WEATHERBUG.GetLiveWeather(String strStationNumber)]
                5/4/2014 5:24:31 PM - UltraWeatherBug In - The remote server returned an error: (400) Bad Request.
                5/4/2014 5:24:31 PM - UltraWeatherBug Er - An unexpected error occured in the GetAlertsWeather function/subroutine: [System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at HSPI_ULTRAWEATHERBUG.HSPI_WEATHERBUG.GetAlertsWeather(String strStationNumber)]
                Hector
                ____________________________________
                Win.2003 OS, HS3
                BLDSC,BLstat,BLRadar,BLRamdom,BLOccupied
                BLups,BLrain8,HSTouch,Ultrajones Weatherbug,
                MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
                AP800,Honeywell Stat

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Rotech View Post
                  I am also getting this error at startup:

                  5/4/2014 5:24:30 PM - UltraWeatherBug In - The remote server returned an error: (400) Bad Request.
                  5/4/2014 5:24:30 PM - UltraWeatherBug In - The remote server returned an error: (400) Bad Request.
                  5/4/2014 5:24:30 PM - UltraWeatherBug Er - An unexpected error occured in the GetForecastWeather function/subroutine: [System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at HSPI_ULTRAWEATHERBUG.HSPI_WEATHERBUG.GetForecastWeather(Stri ng strStationNumber)]
                  5/4/2014 5:24:30 PM - UltraWeatherBug Er - An unexpected error occured in the GetLiveWeather function/subroutine: [System.InvalidCastException: Conversion from string "" to type 'Double' is not valid. ---> System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format. at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ParseDoub le(String Value, NumberFormatInfo NumberFormat) at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ToDouble( String Value, NumberFormatInfo NumberFormat) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ToDouble( String Value, NumberFormatInfo NumberFormat) at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ToDouble( String Value) at HSPI_ULTRAWEATHERBUG.HSPI_WEATHERBUG.GetLiveWeather(String strStationNumber)]
                  5/4/2014 5:24:31 PM - UltraWeatherBug In - The remote server returned an error: (400) Bad Request.
                  5/4/2014 5:24:31 PM - UltraWeatherBug Er - An unexpected error occured in the GetAlertsWeather function/subroutine: [System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at HSPI_ULTRAWEATHERBUG.HSPI_WEATHERBUG.GetAlertsWeather(String strStationNumber)]
                  That usually indicates your API key is not working.
                  Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    So after deleting devices, I re made new ones, looks like it's working now. Will be checking to see what happens tomorrow. Thks for your help Jones.
                    Hector
                    ____________________________________
                    Win.2003 OS, HS3
                    BLDSC,BLstat,BLRadar,BLRamdom,BLOccupied
                    BLups,BLrain8,HSTouch,Ultrajones Weatherbug,
                    MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
                    AP800,Honeywell Stat

                    Comment


                    • #11

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I believe there there a upgrade for that, chk HS store.
                        Hector
                        ____________________________________
                        Win.2003 OS, HS3
                        BLDSC,BLstat,BLRadar,BLRamdom,BLOccupied
                        BLups,BLrain8,HSTouch,Ultrajones Weatherbug,
                        MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
                        AP800,Honeywell Stat

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Sigh

                          Well I have looked around, clicked everything that is "click-able" and I don't see any way to get to the page to get my key.

                          It says I have an active account but the directions (both on this site and on the Earth Network site) do not match what I see.

                          Can someone help me understand how to get a key......

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            In the site u should see something on the top of the page that says "my apps"
                            Click on that and you should see something called "my Dash", click add button where it says "pro package free" .
                            Hector
                            ____________________________________
                            Win.2003 OS, HS3
                            BLDSC,BLstat,BLRadar,BLRamdom,BLOccupied
                            BLups,BLrain8,HSTouch,Ultrajones Weatherbug,
                            MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
                            AP800,Honeywell Stat

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Installed it and...ahhh...good to have my weather devices running again!

                              Only issue I have is in the log I'm seeing
                              5/6/2014 11:56:53 AM ~!~UltraWeatherBug Info~!~https://thepulseapi.earthnetworks.co...oken=zzzzzzzzz
                              5/6/2014 11:56:54 AM ~!~UltraWeatherBug Error~!~An unexpected error occured in the SetDeviceValue() function/subroutine: [System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at HSPI_ULTRAWEATHERBUG.HSPI_WEATHERBUG.SetDeviceValue(String strStationNumber, String strKeyName, String strKeyValue)]

                              I have two stations identified and see the error twice. No error on the 'Alerts' and 'Forecasts'.

                              Best I can tell all of the data is populating fine.

                              Ken J.
                              HSPRO 2.5.0.80, ADIOcelot 1.14.0.11, HSTouch Server 1.0.0.72, iAutomate RFID 1.1.0.0, NetCAM 1.1.0.1, TED 1.2.0.3, UltraMon 1.1.4834.30105, UltraWeatherBug 2.5.0.0
                              106 Z-Wave nodes, 3 Z-Trollers, Ocelot (4 SECU16, 1 Relay8, 6 Bobcat T), 9 iAutomate tags, Schlage Locks

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X