Plugin Reports 'Valid Key' is False

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plugin Reports 'Valid Key' is False

...when in fact it is valid. I can get an oauth access token and make calls to the Pulse API from a REST client (or even just a browser) with no problem. I have verified several times that that I copy/pasted the consumer & secret keys correctly into the 'Options' page for the plugin.

What might be going on?

-M.

I have investigated several key issues and they all turned out to be related to the type of key requested. Can you log into the WeatherBug API site to confirm your key is a PRO Package FREE key?

Regards,
    Ultrajones
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Ultrajones; June 14th, 2014, 09:22 AM.
    Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Yes, it's the 'Pro Package Free' license.

Click image for larger version

Name:	WeatherBug.png
Views:	1
Size:	17.0 KB
ID:	1174112

This might be easier to diagnose if your plugin logged the result from trying to get an access token. Even with logging turned all the way up to 'debug' I'm not seeing anything more than a summary of the settings page.

Comment

Please find and delete the UltraWeatherBug INI file in the HomeSeer config directory, then re-enter your API key and redefine your station(s).

Regards,
        Ultrajones
        Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

I shut down the plugin, then deleted HS3\Config\HSPI_ULTRAWEATHERBUG.ini. I restarted the plugin, then filled in my Consumer Key and Secret Key. I saved the options. The 'secret key' field cleared (i.e., acted like there was no data in the field; before it was showing dots like a normal password type field does). I restarted HS3. The plugin initializes normally, but the status still shows 'Valid Key' as false. I looked at the HSPI_ULTRAWEATHERBUG.ini file, and it contains both the consumer key and the secret key and they are stored correctly. Even so, the 'secret key' field still shows as empty when I bring up the 'Options' page.

I obviously cannot define stations until your plugin acknowledges I have a valid key pair.

I should note, if it is relevant, that I am still in trial mode (with 27 days remaining).

Comment

Can you send your UltraWeatherBug INI file to ultrajones@hotmail.com please?

Comment

Will do! (Sorry for the delay in responding -- I've been on business travel for the last week, just back home today).

-M.

Comment

Did you receive the .ini file that I emailed to you?

-M.

Comment

Yes, I did. Your API key is valid. I was able to define a weather station and was able to successfully query weather, forecast and alerts. I have no idea why it isn't working on your system. It makes no sense whatsoever.

Can you try deleting and reinstalling the plug-in?

Comment

I deleted the plugin, the tracked down and removed all the files and folders that were left behind after the 'remove' completed (there were quite few). I stopped HS3, then rebooted my server (a HomeTroller S5). When it rebooted, I downloaded and installed the plugin again via the updater. I visited the options page and re-entered my two keys, saved, then restarted HS3.

Unfortunately, the status page still shows the key as invalid.

Is there any additional debugging in the plugin executable that can be turned on to see what is actually failing?

-M.

Comment

Have you given up on this one? If so, I'll uninstall the plugin -- trial period is almost over anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkHargrove View Post
                        Have you given up on this one? If so, I'll uninstall the plugin -- trial period is almost over anyway.
                        Sorry, I had a hardware issue with my HomeSeer developer system and have not had a chance to reply.

There isn't much I can do without being able to duplicate the issue. I have tried your configuration file on my system and the API key you are using is valid and fully functional. As I stated, I don't have an explanation why it isn't working on your system.

Regards,
                        Ultrajones

Comment

Working...
                        X