This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weather Underground Version

Because of the cost of the Weatherbug API, I wasn't using it, but when I saw the WU version in the Plug-Ins, I downloaded it and decided to give it a try.
    It seems to work well, with 2 stations that I have added, however, it appears that the email alerts do not work. I have an event setup for a weather alert to trigger an email, but it doesn't appear to be sending the email. I don't receive a message and nothing shows up in my sent items.
    All other events that use email are working fine. Any thoughts?

Comment

wrong topic , :P
      Last edited by Malosa; August 28, 2015, 03:58 AM.
      Preferred -> Jon's Plugins, Pushover, Phlocation, Easy-trigger,
      Rfxcom, Blade Plugins, Pushbullet, homekit, Malosa Scripts

HS3Pro 4.1.14.0 on windows 10 enterprise X64 on hp quadcore laptop 8 GB.

Comment

Thanks again Ultra Jones - I have upgraded WeatherBug API for HS2 and it is working with my new WeatherBug Pulse API subscription ... of course, the price of this subscription is exorbitant (not your fault!); so I will like just subscribe for the months when I really need it (winter months). Anyway, I really appreciate the service level you provided on this given you likely have a very small customer base willing to pay the subscription price. Kudos to you!

Comment

Originally posted by StevieB View Post
          Because of the cost of the Weatherbug API, I wasn't using it, but when I saw the WU version in the Plug-Ins, I downloaded it and decided to give it a try.
          It seems to work well, with 2 stations that I have added, however, it appears that the email alerts do not work. I have an event setup for a weather alert to trigger an email, but it doesn't appear to be sending the email. I don't receive a message and nothing shows up in my sent items.
          All other events that use email are working fine. Any thoughts?
          I have since upgraded to Version 3.0.5718.18301 and the alerts to email still don't seem to be working. I have tried every setting in the logging options, but I don't see any change with what shows up in the log, which is basically nothing.

Comment

I have since upgraded to Version 3.0.5718.18301 and the alerts to email still don't seem to be working. I have tried every setting in the logging options, but I don't see any change with what shows up in the log, which is basically nothing.
            I am looking into this now ...
            Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

I found a bug that would prevent the event from firing if you selected a weather significance of something other than "Any". Please install the last version available in the HomeSeer3 updater.

Please also make sure you have an event created like what I have in the screenshot.

Regards,
              Ultrajones
              Attached Files
              Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Sad farewell

I'm an HS2 holdout with too many legacy plug-ins and scripts that don't have HS3 updates. UltraWeatherbug2 will be the first to "fail" for discontinued support ( or rather my inability to justify paying the PULSE API fees). The time had to come eventually. So long UltraWeatherBug

Comment

Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
                  I found a bug that would prevent the event from firing if you selected a weather significance of something other than "Any". Please install the last version available in the HomeSeer3 updater.

Please also make sure you have an event created like what I have in the screenshot.

Regards,
                  Ultrajones
                  I have 4 events set up just like you pictured. Advisory, Statement, Watch, and Warning. I installed the latest version and I still do not receive the email.
                  I even created a test event using the Any significance, but didn't get an email on that either.
                  Even though I have the logging level set to debug, the only thing that shows up in my log is "
                  Sep-03 1:18:19 PM Event Event Trigger "Weather New Event - 1"
                  Sep-03 1:18:19 PM Event Event Weather New Event - 1 triggered by the event page 'Run' button."

Does there need to be an actual weather alert before it will sent an email if
                  the event is triggered manually?

Comment

I'm thinking that the issue is that there isn't an active weather alert, so even with a manual trigger, it doesn't send an email.
                    I set up a test using the forecast, which there is data for, and it sent fine.

Comment

I'm thinking that the issue is that there isn't an active weather alert, so even with a manual trigger, it doesn't send an email.
                      I set up a test using the forecast, which there is data for, and it sent fine.
                      Yes, that is correct. There must be at least 1 alert for the e-mail to be sent.

Comment

OK, thanks for confirming that. I'll wait for some kind of weather alert and see what happens.
                        Thanks!

Comment

Upgraded from HS2 to HS3

I had the weather bug with HS2 and I am unsure if I paid for it or not. I am thinking I did and was wondering since upgrading to HS3 plus if that was included?
                          Thank you
                          danielbo

Comment

Originally posted by danielbo View Post
                            I had the weather bug with HS2 and I am unsure if I paid for it or not. I am thinking I did and was wondering since upgrading to HS3 plus if that was included?
                            Thank you
                            I offer an upgrade price for my HS3 plug-ins. However, I don't recommend the use of UltraWeatherBug anymore because they now charge a lot of money for API access. Please check out my UltraWeatherWU3 HSPI powered by Weather Underground. It's very similar to the features available in UltraWeatherBug2.

Comment

Working...
                            X