UltraWeatherWU3 API Updates and new Weather Plug-in Announcements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MattL0 View Post
    You can try big5. To poll the data. Or node red (then send it to mscmqtt.
    There a learning curve for both solution. But they are far simpler than doing a script )m( for someone with no programming skill at all).
    Thank you, I will take a look at Big5.

My personal weather station uploaded to Weather Underground and CWOP, and it was nice having the house use my weather station to report weather.

Oh well, I guess i have to move on!

Comment

Originally posted by tmassano View Post

Thank you, I will take a look at Big5.

My personal weather station uploaded to Weather Underground and CWOP, and it was nice having the house use my weather station to report weather.

Oh well, I guess i have to move on!
      What weather station?

Comment

Originally posted by Simplex Technology View Post

What weather station?
        This is my inexpensive Weather Station https://www.acurite.com/pro-5-in-1-w...-and-rain.html

And this is the software that uploads my weather data to Weather Underground and CWOP https://www.valleyinfosys.com/visreader.html
        I really love this software,the miniweb is great and I dump 15 minute weather data into a MSSQL DB for historical weather ;-)

Comment

Thanks for the information. I have something in the works that should work with Acurite PWS systems. Stay tuned.

Comment

Originally posted by tmassano View Post

Thank you.

I was not sure if UltraJones updated the plugin yet.

Although I'm not much of a coder, thank you for the link!
            At this point it seems pretty clear that UltraJones is not planning to update the plugin

Comment

Ultra plugins works good. But , I am here since two years ... and support has always been like that.
              It is to the point that I prefer to check elsewhere (Nodered/Mqtt/jsonAPI/Openhab/Iobroker/HomeAssistant),if
              I can find the same fonctions.

This is how I replaced Ultramon3 and any temperature forecast. I was interested in sightsound...But will find another solution.

An hs plugin is ‘’always’’ better thought . And Ultralog has always been perfect (except for the mono crash logs in my hs folder that point to this plugin, but again no reply from the author).

Comment

Any update on the Acurite PWS integration?

Comment

Originally posted by thewizardofoz View Post
                  Any update on the Acurite PWS integration?
                  I'm still waiting for a few things yet. I'm in the middle of redoing the Ambient Weather plugin which will bring several optimizations to that. I know that doesn't help Acurite users though.

Comment

Ok, Thanks. Let me know when you get something worked out.

Comment

Originally posted by thewizardofoz View Post
                      Ok, Thanks. Let me know when you get something worked out.
                      I'll make an announcement once things are finalized and moving forward. I originally expected confirmations in mid June but that didn't happen. I've reached out this morning to find out what is happening.

Comment

just wondering if any update..or if anyone else has a way to send data from Acurite weather station and/or Weatherunderground into Homeseer. Thank you in advance!!

Comment

Originally posted by cdahl View Post
                          just wondering if any update..or if anyone else has a way to send data from Acurite weather station and/or Weatherunderground into Homeseer. Thank you in advance!!
                          I've given up holding out for any support on this, for what I feel should be a relativly easy patch to allow the new API keys. Here's my solution that bypasses any reliance on cloud/online servers for local data (though forecast data needs to come from elsewhere):

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/we...se-in-homeseer

Comment

Originally posted by baudfather View Post

I've given up holding out for any support on this, for what I feel should be a relativly easy patch to allow the new API keys. Here's my solution that bypasses any reliance on cloud/online servers for local data (though forecast data needs to come from elsewhere):

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/we...se-in-homeseer
                            Thank you .i am reviewing the solution you provided to see if I can easily incorporate into my setup . i am not familiar with MQTT so I will need to come up to speed . Thank you for posting.

Comment

Originally posted by grahamk View Post

At this point it seems pretty clear that UltraJones is not planning to update the plugin
                              Now that he's resurfaced after a personal break, maybe he can update us on his plans for the future of this plugin.
                              My home is smarter than your honor roll student.

Comment

How about an update? Is it time to just remove it or will this be updated for us WU contributors who have a key for the new API?
                                My home is smarter than your honor roll student.

Comment

Working...
                                X