Trouble Creating Devices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trouble Creating Devices

I just downloaded the VWS plugin and I am having trouble creating the devices. The device name "Weather Advisory" gets created twice (devics 2 and 3) and this makes all the rest of the names one device off from their corresponding values. I deleted all of the devices and created them over again but get the same result. What am I doing wrong?

***EDIT***

OK I manually changed all the device names so they line up correctly now. I am planning to use a script to put weather station values into stargate using something like this:

sub main()

hs.setDeviceValueByName("JDS vwsgust"),hs.DeviceValueByName("Wx Station wind gust")

end sub

I assme this will have issues because of the spaces in the weather station names? Do I need to change "Wx Station" to "VWS" and remove the spaces in the device names?
    Last edited by upstatemike; December 5, 2008, 12:09 AM.

It looks like the correct way to use weather station data with Stargate variables is:

sub main()

hs.setDeviceValueByName("JDS vwsgust"),hs.DeviceValueByName("VWS windgust")/100

end sub

Is this pretty much how other folks are doing it?

Comment

I changed the location names and edited all the device names and everything is working great. My Stargate is now speaking the weather values and warning me when the winds get too high etc.

Thanks to all who responded to this thread with their helpful advice and support.

Comment

Originally posted by upstatemike View Post
        I changed the location names and edited all the device names and everything is working great. My Stargate is now speaking the weather values and warning me when the winds get too high etc.

Thanks to all who responded to this thread with their helpful advice and support.
        Must not be many Stargate users left.
        Last edited by Rupp; December 7, 2008, 02:59 PM.
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by upstatemike View Post
          I just downloaded the VWS plugin and I am having trouble creating the devices. The device name "Weather Advisory" gets created twice (devics 2 and 3) and this makes all the rest of the names one device off from their corresponding values. I deleted all of the devices and created them over again but get the same result. What am I doing wrong?
          I have the same issue with a Davis Weather Station. I wonder if the latest update caused the problem?

I have an old install that works with no issues.

Comment

I will check out the code, even though I don't believe, that portion of the code has changed in over a year. Maybe some new re-action to HS?
            -Larry

A member of "The HA Pioneer Group", MyWebSite

Plugins:
            VWS, AB8SS, lrpSpeak, Calendar, Arduino, Harmony, BlueIris, Sprinklers, ZipBackup...

Hardware:
            Intel NUC8i7BEH1 running Windows 10 Pro headless, HS3 Pro, Plex running on Synology dual High Availability DS-1815+ NAS (24Tb each), Synology Surveillance Station running on DS-416 Slim (8Tb), Samsung SmartThings, Google Home, Alexa, Hubitat Elevation, ZNET, Ubiquiti UniFi Network, Davis Vantage Pro II Weather Station. Whole house speaker system using a couple of AB8SS switches. Vantage Pro II Weather Station, Rain8Net Sprinklers, Hubitat Elevation, Google Home, Alexa, DSC Security System, Ubiquiti UniFi Network.

Comment

Originally posted by lpitman View Post
              I will check out the code, even though I don't believe, that portion of the code has changed in over a year. Maybe some new re-action to HS?
              Thanks. When I said "latest update" I meant it could be the plugin, Homeseer, or even VWS.

Scott

Comment

I just rebuilt my Hometroller and am trying to re-install the VWS and Stargate plugins but things aren't working like they did before.

1- The devices end up with overlapping house codes so I get VWS data loaded into Stargate devices.

2- When I delete unwanted devices from the VWS plugin device list, they are put back next time I start Homeseer.

3- The scripts I use to load VWS data into Stargate no longer work, such as:

sub main()
                hs.setDeviceValueByName("JDS vwshumid"),hs.DeviceValueByName("VWS Outsidehumidity")/100
                end sub

Is there a way to manually choose the House Code for the VWS plugin to use and to delete devices I don't want such that they stay deleted? Is my script breaking because of the house code overlap or some other reason?

Comment

Make sure you are using the latest build from the updater...
                  -Larry

Plugins:
                  VWS, AB8SS, lrpSpeak, Calendar, Arduino, Harmony, BlueIris, Sprinklers, ZipBackup...

Hardware:
                  Intel NUC8i7BEH1 running Windows 10 Pro headless, HS3 Pro, Plex running on Synology dual High Availability DS-1815+ NAS (24Tb each), Synology Surveillance Station running on DS-416 Slim (8Tb), Samsung SmartThings, Google Home, Alexa, Hubitat Elevation, ZNET, Ubiquiti UniFi Network, Davis Vantage Pro II Weather Station. Whole house speaker system using a couple of AB8SS switches. Vantage Pro II Weather Station, Rain8Net Sprinklers, Hubitat Elevation, Google Home, Alexa, DSC Security System, Ubiquiti UniFi Network.

Comment

Originally posted by lpitman View Post
                    Make sure you are using the latest build from the updater...
                    Yes it is the latest version. After several iterations of deleting devices, disabling plugins, and restarting them in a specific order, I was able to solve the House-Code overlap. I then manually changed the room name from WX Station to VWS to get rid of the space and that solved my script syntax problems. (I also edited out any spaces in device names).

Comment

Please note from the Web-based help file that you can save these new names in the INI file...this would benefit you in any future restore...etc...
                      -Larry

Plugins:

Hardware:

Comment

Working...
                      X