WeatherFlow plug-in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by codemonkey View Post
    I'll do the dev thing today when I get a chance.

Some further info. Now when I open the configuration page I see my info at the top, but there is no listing below as their used to be. And the status page is blank. See attached images.
    Both the status page and the sensor list are populated as the hub sends out the data, if the hub isn't sending anything, those won't get populated. On the plug-in side, the only way it will fail here is if it fails to open a network socket to listen to the messages from the hub. This can happen if some other application was started and opens up the socket in an exclusive mode. There should be an error reported by the plug-in if this was the case.

What does the log show when the plug-in is started? It should look something like this:
    Code:
    Jun-11 9:59:10 AM	 	WeatherFlow	Skiping calculations, missing sky data.
    Jun-11 9:59:10 AM	 	WeatherFlow	Starting communication with websocket server.
    Jun-11 9:59:09 AM	 	WeatherFlow	Adding station 123 to station list (3)
    Jun-11 9:59:09 AM	 	WeatherFlow	Querying meta data for station Home
    Jun-11 9:59:09 AM	 	WeatherFlow	Adding station Home to station list (4)
    Jun-11 9:59:09 AM	 	WeatherFlow	Querying meta data for station Outside
    Jun-11 9:59:09 AM	 	WeatherFlow	Adding station Outside to station list (7)
    Jun-11 9:59:09 AM	 	WeatherFlow	Querying meta data for station 1831
    Jun-11 9:59:09 AM	 	WeatherFlow	Adding station 1831 to station list (4)
    Jun-11 9:59:09 AM	 	WeatherFlow	Querying meta data for station 123
    Jun-11 9:59:09 AM	 	WeatherFlow	Adding station 123 to station list (3)
    Jun-11 9:59:09 AM	 	Starting Plug-In	Plugin WeatherFlow started successfully in 6 milliseconds
    Jun-11 9:59:09 AM	 	Starting Plug-In	Initializing plugin WeatherFlow ...
    Jun-11 9:59:08 AM	 	Info	Plugin WeatherFlow has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:58429
    Jun-11 9:59:08 AM	 	WeatherFlow	I have connected to HomeSeer.
    Jun-11 9:59:08 AM	 	Plug-In	Finished initializing plug-in WeatherFlow
    Just a question, but what was the trial version going to do when the trial time ran out?
    I believe you can not even start the plug-in and it will say something about the trial period over on the plug-in management screen.

I can confirm that my hub is working correctly as I can access it via the weatherflow app.
    The hub communicates data in a number of different ways. It sends data to the WeatherFlow servers over a TCP network connection, it sends data to the phone/tablet app via Bluetooth, and it sends data over your local network via a UDP network broadcast.

The plug-in is listening for the UDP network broadcasts (unless you check the remote checkbox in the station config, then it's getting the data from the WeatherFlow servers).

One of the characteristics of the UDP broadcasts is that it's very simple from the client side (and from the server side, too). The client doesn't know anything about who is sending information. It's like going into a room and listening to others talk. You don't really need to know who is in the room talking, you just walk in and start listening. If they stop talking, you don't hear anything, but you can't really do anything to make them talk to you.

So at this point, the most likely cause is the hub no longer sending out the data via UDP. There are other programs, see https://community.weatherflow.com/c/...tions/l/latest, that can make use of the UDP data from the hub. That or some type of network monitoring tool will be needed to determine if it's the hub or the plug-in.

Some routers can be configured to not forward on UDP packets, that's not likely the case here since it was working (unless it stopped after replacing or re-configuring your router).

You could try rebooting the hub, if it is the hub, then a power cycle/reboot may get it to start sending data out again.

I also added a debug config option to the plug-in to get some more detailed log messages when enabled. I don't think it will provide any additional information in this case but that's what's in 3.0.0.7 when it shows up in the updater.
    --
    Bob Paauwe
    ISYInsteon Plug-in
    http://www.bobsplace.com/ISYInsteon/

Comment

More to follow but wanted to get this to you.
      Attached Files
      HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition
      Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
      Processor Type and Speed: i7 - 3.26 GHz
      Total Physical Memory: 16Gig

Plugins: BlBackup | EasyTrigger | FitbitSeer | HSTouchServer | Insteon | WeatherXML

Comment

Restarting the hub had no affect.

I'll do some troubleshooting here on my end but nothing on my network has changed in months.

Regards,
        Tony

Plugins: BlBackup | EasyTrigger | FitbitSeer | HSTouchServer | Insteon | WeatherXML

Comment

I switched to remove connect and got data but also got this error in the log:
          Attached Files

Comment

I switched to remove connect and got data but also got this error in the log:
            Looks like toggling remote on/off/on triggers that. I was able to duplicate and resolve. When it throws that error, it probably doesn't save the state of the remote setting. If you only change the state once after restarting the plug-in it should be ok.
            --
            Bob Paauwe
            ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

I just checked on my screens and the weather flow plug-in stopped updating 1 hour and 45 minutes after I got data started by changing the source to online. Nothing has updated since despite collecting from the web instead of directly via UDP.

.7 isn't in the updater yet but I'll get that on there as soon as I see it.

Comment

I just checked on my screens and the weather flow plug-in stopped updating 1 hour and 45 minutes after I got data started by changing the source to online. Nothing has updated since despite collecting from the web instead of directly via UDP.

.7 isn't in the updater yet but I'll get that on there as soon as I see it.
                That's really strange. Now I would't be too surprised if something was wrong with the web based method as I haven't tested that nearly as much and it is much more complicated, but the fact that you've now had similar problems with both methods seems like more than just a coincidence.

I started mine collecting from a remote station this morning just to see what happens in a couple of hours.

Did you ever try turning on developer mode for the plug-ins? The console window for the plug-in will have some additional messages, mostly related to the web/remote connection. If you restart the plug-in does remote data collection start back up? If so, starting it with developer mode enabled may provide a clue as to why it failed, if it stops getting data again.

HomeSeer moved to a new process to manage third party plug-ins a couple of months ago and when that happened, all my entries in the beta updater section were removed (I think others were as well). The time it takes them to publish an updated plug-in seems to vary from minutes to days. I've requested the ability to publish beta versions again so that I can get small/test versions out there a lot quicker. At this point, if I had something that I though might help or provide better data I'd just point you to a download temporary download link.
                --
                Bob Paauwe
                ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

With dev mode on, this is all the log shows when turning the plugin off and then back on. This is with remove mode enabled as well.

Yah somethings up. I get a notification from weather underground if there is a service interruption and that has not happened unless I do it intentionally for testing. So the remote part I can verify has never been down.

Your at a bit of a disadvantage due to the missing hardware but we'll figure it out. Let me know what I can do to help.

Regards,
                  Tony
                  Attached Files

Comment

With dev mode on, this is all the log shows when turning the plugin off and then back on. This is with remove mode enabled as well.
                    When developer mode is enabled, you should get a cmd window that represents the running plug-in .exe . The initial output in that window will look something like;
                    Code:
                    Plugin: WeatherFlow Instance:  3.0.0.7 starting...
                    WeatherFlow Connecting to server at 127.0.0.1...
                    WeatherFlow Connected to HomeSeer at IP address 127.0.0.1
                         Host API version = 3 HomeSeer 3.0.0.435 (4)
                         Callback API version = 3
                    WeatherFlow Connected, waiting to be initialized...
                    Request /swd/rest/stations/Outside?api_key=6c8c96f9-e561-43dd-b173-5198d8797e0a failed The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.
                    Request /swd/rest/stations/Home?api_key=6c8c96f9-e561-43dd-b173-5198d8797e0a failed The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.
                    I get a couple of errors show because it's trying to look up my local sensors (which are simulated) on the WeatherFlow server and it can't find them.

If there are any problems getting data over the web link, you should get additional messages in this cmd window, not the HS log.

Did data collection resume after restarting the plug-in or not?

Your at a bit of a disadvantage due to the missing hardware but we'll figure it out. Let me know what I can do to help.
                    I'm not really. I'm simulating data for 3 Air devices and 1 Sky locally (only issue with my data is it's simplified vs. the actual WF devices) and accessing remote stations is exactly the same.

So far, after about 4 hours, no issues with the data stream from the remote station I've been using to test. I'll add yours next.
                    --
                    Bob Paauwe
                    ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

Developer Mode:

It's on, and you got exactly what my logs show with it on. Been on since yesterday.

Is Data Working now:

It didn't initially restart, but I unchecked remote and update, then restarted, then checked remote and update and now web data is active again. Still no local data.

Is there any way you could throw together a simple tool (stand alone exe or powershell command) that can prove that the udp data is readable on my network? I don't want you to be chasing after a problem that is on my end.

Regards,
                      Tony

Comment

Developer Mode:

It didn't initially restart, but I unchecked remote and update, then restarted, then checked remote and update and now web data is active again. Still no local data.
                        It is supposed to keep track of that setting and start back up on restart so that's probably a bug.

Is there any way you could throw together a simple tool (stand alone exe or powershell command) that can prove that the udp data is readable on my network? I don't want you to be chasing after a problem that is on my end.
                        Yes, that's very easy http://www.bobshome.net/homeseer/WFDump.exe but I'm not sure that will really help as it's the same code that the plug-in is using. If this shows the hub sending data but the plug-in doesn't I'll be very surprised. If it doesn't show anything, then maybe I've screwed up both programs somehow

Or were you thinking of something that simulates the hub and pushes data to your network? That's a bit more effort and wouldn't help much unless you had a different machine to run it on (maybe a laptop connected via WiFi).
                        --
                        Bob Paauwe
                        ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

Prepare to be surprised...
                          Attached Files

Comment

New http://www.bobshome.net/homeseer/WFDump.exe

This has two options:

WFDump ip=192.168.1.255

and

WFDump

The first will send out fake hub status records. You'll need to substitute your network's IP address (with the last bit always '.255'). This fake data should then show up in the plug-in under the status page. It's for hub serial number HB-000001 or something like that.

If called without an IP address, it listens for data from a hub and dumps it to the console window.

So you could run this on two different computers and see it sending from one to the other. Actually, you can run two copies in different windows on the same computer too.
                            --
                            Bob Paauwe
                            ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

Not sure how to enter the IP.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>WFDump.exe ip=192.168.0.255
                              'WFDump.exe' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
                              operable program or batch file.

When I run WFDump from the exe it just starts showing MY data.

Tony

Comment

Never mind, had the wrong root folder. Working now.

Checking to see what type of results I will get.

Comment

Working...
                                X