No announcement yet.

WeatherFlow plug-in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just got both and Air and Sky and wanted to try your plugin. But I ran into an issue.
    Code:
     [TABLE="cellspacing: 0"]
    [TR="class: cke_show_border"]
    [TD="align: left"][COLOR=#000000]Nov-03 4:11:13 PM[/COLOR][/TD]
     			[TD="align: left"] [/TD]
     			[TD="colspan: 3, align: left"][COLOR=#000000]Database[/COLOR][/TD]
     			[TD="colspan: 8, align: left"][COLOR=#000000]There were errors generated during the save of the database item. Please consult this log for more details and report any data loss to HomeSeer Technologies.[/COLOR][/TD]
     		[/TR]
    [/TABLE]
    [TD="align: left"][COLOR=#FF0000]Nov-03 4:11:03 PM[/COLOR][/TD]
     			[TD="colspan: 3, align: left"][COLOR=#FF0000]Database[/COLOR][/TD]
     			[TD="colspan: 8, align: left"][COLOR=#FF0000]Error - Save of the devices to the database did not succeed - see the log for more details.[/COLOR][/TD]
     		[/TR]
    [/TABLE]
    [TD="align: left"][COLOR=#000000]Nov-03 4:11:03 PM[/COLOR][/TD]
     			[TD="colspan: 3, align: left"][COLOR=#000000]Database[/COLOR][/TD]
     			[TD="colspan: 8, align: left"][COLOR=#000000]ERROR, device Pressure failed to be updated or added to the database.[/COLOR][/TD]
     		[/TR]
    [/TABLE]
     			[TD="colspan: 3, align: left"][COLOR=#FF0000]Error[/COLOR][/TD]
     			[TD="colspan: 8, align: left"][COLOR=#FF0000]SQL Exception : UPDATE [Devices] SET [ref]=4853,[name]='Pressure',[location]='',[location2]='',[Last_Change]='2018-11-02 23:02:08',[devValue]=NaN,[devString]='',[object_version]=101,[object_data]=@ByteArray WHERE [ref]=4853;[/COLOR][/TD]
     		[/TR]
    [/TABLE]
     			[TD="colspan: 3, align: left"][COLOR=#FF0000]Error[/COLOR][/TD]
     			[TD="colspan: 8, align: left"][COLOR=#FF0000]SQL Exception updating device record in the database: SQL logic error or missing database no such column: NaN, Code=1, Link=[/COLOR][/TD]
     		[/TR]
    [/TABLE]

Comment

FIXED - Seems my HS database was corrupt. Restored from backup and all is well.

Originally posted by jbbtex View Post
      Just got both and Air and Sky and wanted to try your plugin. But I ran into an issue.
      Code:
      Nov-03 4:11:13 PM  Database     There were errors generated during the save of the database item. Please consult this log for more details and report any data loss to HomeSeer Technologies.
      Nov-03 4:11:03 PM  Database     Error - Save of the devices to the database did not succeed - see the log for more details.
      Nov-03 4:11:03 PM  Database     ERROR, device Pressure failed to be updated or added to the database.
      Nov-03 4:11:03 PM  Error     SQL Exception : UPDATE [Devices] SET [ref]=4853,[name]='Pressure',[location]='',[location2]='',[Last_Change]='2018-11-02 23:02:08',[devValue]=NaN,[devString]='',[object_version]=101,[object_data]=@ByteArray WHERE [ref]=4853;
      Nov-03 4:11:03 PM  Error     SQL Exception updating device record in the database: SQL logic error or missing database no such column: NaN, Code=1, Link=

Comment

Originally posted by jbbtex View Post
        FIXED - Seems my HS database was corrupt. Restored from backup and all is well.
        Hopefully it wasn't something the plug-in did that corrupted it. Let me know if happens again and if possible, document what steps you were taking before it happened.
        --
        Bob Paauwe
        ISYInsteon Plug-in
        http://www.bobsplace.com/ISYInsteon/

Comment

Version 3.0.0.9 was submitted to HS and should show up in the updater soon (given the US holiday, it may be a few days). Changes in this version:

1) It fixes the range values for illumination should now actually cover the range reported by the sensor.
          2) on startup, the plug-in will query the WeatherFlow servers and get the current local day rain value and use that to initialize the daily rain device
          3) when adding a station, the WeatherFlow servers are queried for the user's unit preferences and those are used to set the initial display units for each device.
          3a) added a couple of new units (knots for wind speed and cm for rain)
          4) the pressure trend calculation was wrong and would sometime show the wrong trend, this should be fixed now
          --
          Bob Paauwe
          ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

Thanks Bob -

I loaded 3.0.0.9. I appreciate the daily rainfall being initialized to the current value. How many decimal places does the Daily Precipitation value have? I changed the number of decimal places from 1 to 2 but the display of the value didn't change. I also noticed the pressure trend device doesn't match the value shown in my station's SmartWeather web page, and that my station is currently reporting HEAVY rainfall, but the Precipitation device is showing 0.

Regards,
            BBB

Comment

Originally posted by BigBadBuzz View Post
              Thanks Bob -

How many decimal places does the Daily Precipitation value have?
              It is rounded to 1 decimal place when it converts from millimeters. That doesn't seem to be enough, I noticed that too while I was testing but then forgot to go back and change it. I'll change it to 3, that should be enough precision there.

I also noticed the pressure trend device doesn't match the value shown in my station's SmartWeather web page,
              Has it been 3 hours yet? The pressure trend is defined as the difference between the current reading and the reading 3 hours prior. Until the plug-in has collected 3 hours worth of data, it uses the first value obtained and it won't necessarily match the WF app value. For the first 3 hours, it's more of short term trend. I believe I have the calculation correct now, but for the day+ that I was monitoring and comparing the actual values the pressure here barely changed and was steady the whole time. Spot checks since then has shown mine matching what WF reports.

I could report something like "unknown" or "N/A" for the first 3 hours, A longer term solution would be to query the WF servers for the historic data and pre-populate it in the plug-in.

and that my station is currently reporting HEAVY rainfall, but the Precipitation device is showing 0.
              That may also be because of the 1 decimal place rounding that's happening when it converts from mm to inches. The plug-in is showing the amount of rain reported in the 1 minute intervals. That's going to be a pretty small number typically, probably way less than the minimum 0.05 inches that would be needed before it would round up to 0.1. The WF app is reporting an estimated rain rate when it reports heavy. I don't recall what the range is, they've listed it a few times on their forums. Ah, found it. For heavy it's .3 to .39 inches/hour so divide by 60 to get the average amount in a minute. Something like 0.006 inches so to 1 decimal place that is 0. 3 decimal place values should provide some data here.

I could change that value from actual 1 minute accumulation to an estimated rain rate if that would make more sense to folks.

Precipitation has been a pain to deal with. Because we've had so little, it's been difficult for me to test anything.

--
              Bob Paauwe
              ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

+1 on at least 2 decimal places for imperial rain measurement.
                Love my weather station!! Very happy to have purchased this plugin.
                HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition
                Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
                Processor Type and Speed: i7 - 3.26 GHz
                Total Physical Memory: 16Gig

Plugins: BlBackup | EasyTrigger | FitbitSeer | HSTouchServer | Insteon | WeatherXML

Comment

I just installed the Plugin but no devices were created. I can go to config and turn on debug logging and see the UDP traffic so I think everything is communicating. Tried stop/start plugin, and stop/start Homeseer. I assume I have missed a configuration step someplace but don't see anything else I can configure... what can I do to force device creation?

Comment

Originally posted by upstatemike View Post
                    I just installed the Plugin but no devices were created. I can go to config and turn on debug logging and see the UDP traffic so I think everything is communicating. Tried stop/start plugin, and stop/start Homeseer. I assume I have missed a configuration step someplace but don't see anything else I can configure... what can I do to force device creation?
                    Well, it is supposed to automatically create the devices. Sounds like my latest update may have broken that, I'll take a look.
                    --
                    Bob Paauwe
                    ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

Make sure you check the checkboxes next the Air serial number and the Sky serial number and then update the station. The checkboxes indicate to the plug-in if you want devices created for that sensor or not.

I did find a couple of bugs when I deleted and recreated my devices. The Air sensors pressure device is missing. Version 3.0.0.10 accidentally removed it. Also, the change to pull display units from the WeatherFlow server causes the devices that don't have selectable display units, like solar radiation, to not get any display units set. I've just submitted version 3.0.0.11 which fixes both these.

Let me know if it's not the checkboxes that's causing the issue with missing devices.
                      --
                      Bob Paauwe
                      ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

Waiting for it to show up in the updater....
                        HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition
                        Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
                        Processor Type and Speed: i7 - 3.26 GHz
                        Total Physical Memory: 16Gig

Plugins: BlBackup | EasyTrigger | FitbitSeer | HSTouchServer | Insteon | WeatherXML

Comment

OK the check boxes solved my missing device issue. Only odd thing besides the bugs you already noted is that I have 2 of the green check devices showing that Air is enabled. Same serial number on both but one has the sensor items listed below it and the other is by itself. Should I just delete the stand-alone duplicate?

I'll update to 3.0.0.11 when it hits the updater.

Comment

2 more quick questions:

1- In events the triggers are using metric values instead of Imperial even though i have the devices set to use Imperial,,, where do I adjust this?

2- What does this error mean?:

Deserialization failed for air data: The given key was not present in the dictionary.

Edit:

Tried to reboot Homeseer and got this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	WF Error.JPG
Views:	100
Size:	20.8 KB
ID:	1264066

Comment

OK the check boxes solved my missing device issue. Only odd thing besides the bugs you already noted is that I have 2 of the green check devices showing that Air is enabled. Same serial number on both but one has the sensor items listed below it and the other is by itself. Should I just delete the stand-alone duplicate?

I'll update to 3.0.0.11 when it hits the updater.
                              Deleting the duplicate is fine. Did you check the remote checkbox too? Asking it to collect data from both the local network and the remote server for the same device may confuse the plug-in.
                              --
                              Bob Paauwe
                              ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

2 more quick questions:

1- In events the triggers are using metric values instead of Imperial even though i have the devices set to use Imperial,,, where do I adjust this?
                                Do you have an example of this? My trigger values all show the values in the units that I've chosen to the device.

The hub is sending the data in metric, but the value displayed by the device and used in triggers should be based on the display units selected for the device.

2- What does this error mean?:

Deserialization failed for air data: The given key was not present in the dictionary.
                                A data packet for the Air didn't match what was expected and it didn't parse correctly. Is it doing this all the time? If it's just once, it could be a corrupted packet.

--
                                Bob Paauwe
                                ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

Working...
                                X