yearly precipitation update fails

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yearly precipitation update fails

Weatherflow 3.0.0.30 with my Tempest station. Get an error on startup: Station Name may have corrupted configuration data.

Then recurring errors every minute: Failed to update Tempest yearly precipitation data: The given key 'unknown' was not present in the dictionary.

Not sure why.... No other errors reported.

That error means that for the station id entered, the query to the WeatherFlow servers did not return with any devices associated with that station id.
    --
    Bob Paauwe
    ISYInsteon Plug-in
    http://www.bobsplace.com/ISYInsteon/

Comment

Thanks for the response, but I need a little more guidance. Everything looks like it's working okay. I only have one station and the status matches what the WeatherFlow app shows for the station, so it looks like it's communicating. Yet I still get the error?

Comment

Both the initial message and the failed yearly precipitation value indicate that the station ID that you configured is wrong.

The plug-in gets some data from the WeatherFlow servers and most of the data will come directly from your hub. It uses the station id to find and access the data on the WeatherFlow servers.

The total precipitation for the year is something it gets from the server as the hub doesn't keep track of accumulated precipitation.
        --
        Bob Paauwe
        ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

I fixed this problem on HS4 system. For some reason the configuration for my station went away, but, down at the bottom of the config page, the local sensor information remained. This was not a normal removal of the station: if you delete the station on the config page, all the devices go away, but in this case the station went away, but the devices and the reference to the local sensor stayed. So the measurements based on local messages continued to work. I recreated the station and the error message went away and the devices that are updated remotely from the server have started updating again. It recreated new devices which is a minor inconvenience (since I had added a location and renamed some of them). I had not added any events yet, but if I had, I suspect they wouldn't work becuase the device reference has changed. I'll wait and see if it happens again, because this would be an unacceptable inconvenience if I had fully integrated Tempest into Homeseer when this happened (but I had only installed it a couple days earlier).. It looks pretty easy to recreate a dumbed down version of this plugin, tailored to my configuration, using their API, a user token, a script to listen to the UDP and the Jon00 JSON scraping script. If this loses my connection again, I'll finish what I started this afternoon. I actually created a script to get the parameters that come from the host---all that's left is monitoring the UDP socket and passing those messages to the Jon00 script. If this plug-in continues to work reliably for the next week, I'll buy it; otherwise I'll roll my own -- shouldn't take more than another three or four hours.

Comment

The plug-in checks the devices on start up and uses the device names to verify that they all exist. Renaming devices can cause problems on a restart which might explain what happened.

I'll have to see if there's another way I can verify the devices without using the name.
            --
            Bob Paauwe
            ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

Working...
            X