A few questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A few questions

How do I know that data is coming remote when the remote box is checked. I don't see any difference but would expect some things to change such as rain or temp based on the way WF says it works.

How can I adjust Precipitation Yearly if I recently installed? I tried converting the type of feature but that did nothing.

Thanks in advance for any pointers.

In theory, there should be very little difference between the local data and remote data. The servers get the same data from the hub that the plug-in gets. There may be some server side processing for precipitation and lightning that can cause differences in those values.

The ability to use the WeatherFlow servers instead of the local hub is there primarily to handle the case where you have a WeatherFlow station at a remote location where where you can't get data directly from the hub.

Originally posted by racerfern View Post
    How can I adjust Precipitation Yearly if I recently installed? I tried converting the type of feature but that did nothing.
    You can't. The precipitation data initially populates from the WeatherFlow servers as it is not stored locally on the hub. The plug-in will then update those values as the local precipitation data is accumulated.
    --
    Bob Paauwe
    ISYInsteon Plug-in
    http://www.bobsplace.com/ISYInsteon/

Comment

One more question please. By using the Remote access, I can also get some predictive data from Weatherflow. How is it that you can access the remote portion without the api-key or am I missing something?

Comment

I'm not sure what you mean by predictive data. Your sensors send data to the hub, the hub sends the data to WeatherFlow. The plug-in can either get the same data from the hub or query the WeatherFlow servers.

The remote option is specifically for the case where you have a second (or third) home and want to access the data from that non-local home.

The plug-in does query the WeatherFlow servers when it starts up get historical precipitation data and to get your preferred units.

WeatherFlow also does do some post processing of precipitation and lightning data such that the values available remotely may be slightly different that the values available locally from the hub.

The API key is needed to access the WeatherFlow servers both for the remote data and for the initial historical and preferred units.
        --
        Bob Paauwe
        ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

The API key is needed to access the WeatherFlow servers both for the remote data and for the initial historical and preferred units.
          Right, that's what's confusing me. If I haven't entered the api key, how can this PI access my remote data or other pieces of info?

Comment

It's using a built-in application level key provided by Weatherflow.
            --
            Bob Paauwe
            ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

What's the difference between Precipitation and Precipitation Daily. Obviously PD is the accumulation for the day but what time frame is Precipitation?

Comment

Originally posted by racerfern View Post
                What's the difference between Precipitation and Precipitation Daily. Obviously PD is the accumulation for the day but what time frame is Precipitation?
                The reporting interval of the device, 1 minute.
                --
                Bob Paauwe
                ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

Thank you Bob.

Comment

Working...
                  X