Need Setup Help for Alerts not at night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need Setup Help for Alerts not at night

I have Alerts setup on the alerts tab. For the Severity, I have set times. I assumed this was so I could control when the alerts are spoken. Only want Moderate, Minor and Unknown to speak between 6 AM and 10 AM.

If this is not what this setup is for, what does it do, and where can I setup so that only Extreme and Severe are spoken 24 hours a day and the others between 6 AM and 10 PM?

Thanks!
    Attached Files
    HS3Pro & HS4Pro on Win2012R2
    Aeotec, Cooper, Cree, GE/Jasco, Intermatic, LIFX, Fortrezz, OSRAM, RCS, Trane, Zooz
    BLBackup, BLGData, BLRussound, BLSpeech, HSTouch, InvisaLink, HSBuddy, IFTTT, JowiHue, NetCAM, PHLocation, Pushover 3P, Random, rnbWeather, UltraLighting3, weatherXML, ZigBee, Z-Wave

You are correct in how it works. If you look at your settings.
    You have the highest level of warning set to speak to speak from 6 AM to 6 AM. This effectively tells weatherXML to never speak those levels.
    If you want Extreme and Severe to speak at all times you need to set the beginning time as 12:00 AM and end at 11:59 PM. The time spans will not cross over midnight.
    --
    Jeff Farmer
    HS 3, HSPhone
    My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
    Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

OK. I changed them but that is not the issue.

Only want Moderate, Minor and Unknown to speak between 6 AM and 10 PM.

I have them set but they speak all hours of the night.

Here are 3 from last night. I assume they would not speak because they were after 10 PM and before 6 AM. The snapshot is from BLSpeech, my speech proxy.

Is there something that needs to be special in the trigger setup?
      Attached Files
      Aeotec, Cooper, Cree, GE/Jasco, Intermatic, LIFX, Fortrezz, OSRAM, RCS, Trane, Zooz
      BLBackup, BLGData, BLRussound, BLSpeech, HSTouch, InvisaLink, HSBuddy, IFTTT, JowiHue, NetCAM, PHLocation, Pushover 3P, Random, rnbWeather, UltraLighting3, weatherXML, ZigBee, Z-Wave

Comment

Change the start times to 6:01 AM and the end time to 10:01 PM.

If you want Extreme and Severity to not speak then put a - in the start and end times. If you want Extreme and Severity to always speak then put 12:00 AM in the start and 11:59 PM in the end time.

Once you have it working you can change the times back to 6:00 AM and end time at 10:00 PM.
        --
        Jeff Farmer
        HS 3, HSPhone
        Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Hi Jeff,

I changed the times to 6:01 AM to 10:01 PM. I got an alert at 12:01 AM and it spoke when severity = minor is part of the 6:01 to 10:01.

How can I capture so this can be fixed?

1/15/2017 12:01:30 AM 100 {priority=normal,source=3,queue=queue}Dense Fog Advisory issued January 14 at 11:56PM CST until January 15 at 3:00AM CST by NWS - dense fog advisory is in effect, .pockets of dense fog are occurring around galveston bay with visibilites around a 1/4 mile over southeast harris county and northern brazoria county. there may be periods of improvement but dense fog should continue to impact those surrounding galveston bay during the pre-dawn hours. Yes MEDIA:* Normal Normal Queue No

Comment

On the Severity page, change the Urgency override to immediate for each level. Then you can change it back to None. When I converted the plugin from HS2 to HS3, the values don't always get saved unless there is a change made. Change the repeats to 1 then back to 0.

If you have some time when there are some alerts in your area, try setting the time on all the Severity levels to 6:00AM start and 6:15AM end. Set repeats to a high number to allow for testing. Set Urgency override to Immediate.
            The times you put there don't really matter, just make sure that when you are testing the alerts should not speak. Turn the logging level to Debug and manually run the Alert schedule. Grab the log entries and either email them to me or attach them to this thread. Then change your settings back to what you want them to be and change the logging level back to errors.

I've attached an image of my setup which works.
            Attached Files
            --
            Jeff Farmer
            HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

The extra change to the override and back I think fixed it. This morning at 4:45 I got a minor flood alert and I did not get the announcement or email until 6:01. But in the current setup, I have it set back to 6:00 am. Maybe I just need to do another override change and change back to make the 6:00 am hold vs. the 6:01 am.

Michael

Comment

The alerts don't run every minute.
                I have mine set to run every 15 minutes starting at 1 minute after the hour between 6:00AM and 10:00PM.

Because of that, I will only get alerts at 1, 16, 31 and 46 minutes between 6AM and 10PM.
                --
                Jeff Farmer
                HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

Working...
                X