Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Technology Address appending device code at each update

Jeff,

So I thought I'd use WeatherXml to help out with what appears to be issues with McsSprinkler (well... at least in my case) weather/watering management.
    As you can appreciate, successful irrigation is heavily dependent on weather input data to the plugin. So Michael had provisioned the use of external sources for wind, rain, UV and such. However, mcsSprinkler is a port from HS2 and thus uses X-10 style device codes for devices. I thought I'd take advantage of a couple of devices from your plugin - but there were no device codes (old style) set in them. So I added my own keeping an eye on what was available to use. In any case, the Location Technology Address seems to get appended with numerous device codes. I'm thinking when it is getting updated by the plugin. Is there a possibility that this can get fixed?

See image for the UV device which I added the device code of S104. It just keeps on appending...
    Attached Files
    HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

I have a new version of weatherXML that is going to be using the technology address to track the devices.

If you would, lets try the new version before I spend time on this issue.
    Just make sure that you make a backup of the HS directory in case you decide to change back.
    I've tested multiple times on my system but not everyone is the same so it make cause you to have to recreate some of the devices.

I am going to test some more when I get off work today and if it goes well I will post the new version in the beta section later tonight.

Jeff

Originally posted by langenet View Post
    Jeff,

So I thought I'd use WeatherXml to help out with what appears to be issues with McsSprinkler (well... at least in my case) weather/watering management.
    As you can appreciate, successful irrigation is heavily dependent on weather input data to the plugin. So Michael had provisioned the use of external sources for wind, rain, UV and such. However, mcsSprinkler is a port from HS2 and thus uses X-10 style device codes for devices. I thought I'd take advantage of a couple of devices from your plugin - but there were no device codes (old style) set in them. So I added my own keeping an eye on what was available to use. In any case, the Location Technology Address seems to get appended with numerous device codes. I'm thinking when it is getting updated by the plugin. Is there a possibility that this can get fixed?

See image for the UV device which I added the device code of S104. It just keeps on appending...
    --
    Jeff Farmer
    HS 3, HSPhone
    My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
    Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Hey Jeff:

Just out of curiousity, why use the technology address? Is there some advantage over the device reference number?
      Don

Comment

If I use the address, I can set it so it will always be the same on everyones install. The refID is different for each user.
        Since wXML creates so many devices I need a way to be able to tell them apart. In the past I was saving the refID in an ini file. Ocassionally, the ini file gets corrupted and I lose all the tracking info.
        By using the address and making sure that each is unique to the data it stores but the same name on my install as it is on yours, I don't have to try to track the refID.
        --
        Jeff Farmer
        HS 3, HSPhone
        Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

So can I then set the device code without it being concatenated to the Technology Address? Depending on the elapsed time, this keeps on creating a very large address string.
          Last edited by langenet; May 27, 2017, 08:59 AM.
          HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

I don't have any devices that I use a code with so I never caught this.
            I did some testing tonight and the new version still has this issue.
            I have a fix in place that will reset the address and ignore the code.
            I'll have to do some testing to see if it breaks anything else.
            --
            Jeff Farmer
            HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

I added some codes to some of my weatherXML devices to test with.
              I rewrote the function that sets the address to check for the extra code.

Here is the list of things that have been changed.
              https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=189068
              --
              Jeff Farmer
              HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

weatherXML beta .64 is in the updater.
                it is in the Beta section at the bottom of the updater.
                --
                Jeff Farmer
                HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

Thanks Jeff... Finally had time to put this in and am glad to report that my issue has been resolved.

I have not seen any other problems from my end.

Robert

Comment

Working...
                  X