Error Message in Log Hourly Forecast and Alerts not updating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error Message in Log Hourly Forecast and Alerts not updating

Jeff, first let me say this plugin is exceptional. I have spent many hours fine tuning it to my liking and have created custom HSTouch pages to display the data.

My HSTouch Hourly forecast page is not updating. It displays correctly when in the Homeseer App web pages but not with HSTouch.

Regarding the Alerts. I am using NOAA for Alerts. The user web page and the devices for Alerts in the Homeseer App are not updating.

See the following excerpt from my log:

Code:
    Jun-04 6:16:01 PM	 	weatherXML Error	WU Hourly: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\html\\forecast.xml\WUHourly1.xml'.
    Jun-04 6:16:01 PM	 	weatherXML Error	downloadNOAAAlerts: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\html\\forecast.xml\NOalerts1.xml'.
    My Data resides in file://data/weatherXML/WUHourly1.xml and file://data/weatherXML/NOAlerts1.xml

Why is it looking in the html directory? Is this a bug or have I done something wrong.

Chuck

HomeSeer Version: HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.318 (Windows)
    Plug-Ins Enabled:
    BLShutdown:,Z-Wave:,BLUPS:,UltraMon3:,MediaController:,
    HSTouch Server:,weatherXML - Version:3.0.0.64:,BLBackup:,Arduino Plugin:,
    SDJ-Health:,BLLock:
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home - Work Station
    OS Version: 10.0.14393 Service Pack: 0.0

The error message is from the setup on the Database page.
    Go to that page and look near the bottom. The setting there is if you want to save a second copy of the forecast xml file. Not the Hourly forecast, just the normal forecast file. To use the hourly forecast file you don't need to download a second file. You will need to use the file option in HSTouch.

Look at this thread:
    https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=189316
    --
    Jeff Farmer
    HS 3, HSPhone
    My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
    Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Still having problems - post 1

Jeff, thanks for your quick response. I still am not able to get an updated hourly forecast page in HSTouch screens. I had previously seen the post that you referred me to and I copied the setup of the pages your provided in your Post HSTouch Screens. The user web page within the Homeseer app is updating fine it is the HSTouch screen that is not updating.

Regarding alerts the user web page shows no alerts, yet the file has been downloaded and it clearly contains an alert for my area. I would like to setup an "Alert" HSTouch Screen if I can get the web interface to use the XML file that has been downloaded.

I have included what I hope are a complete record of the my settings controlling these two items.

Everything else is working flawlessly. I have several pages again modelled after the screens you created in your HSTouch Screens post.
      Attached Files

Comment

Still having problems - post 2

The last of the screeen shots of my setup.

Chuck
        Attached Files

Comment

For the alerts you have the wrong url.

This is the URL that you will need to use for Texas.

https://alerts.weather.gov/cap/tx.php?x=0

So in the textbox enter this:
          /cap/tx.php?x=0

Then you will need to let the alerts run a few times and it will start building the Areas. Unfortunately, I don't know what to tell you to enter for areas. In KS, the areas are the counties. In some states, they don't use county, instead it has some descriptive text like "Northeast of SomeCity".
          Each time an alert comes in weatherXML will read the areas and add any new ones to the areas dropdown.
          --
          Jeff Farmer
          HS 3, HSPhone
          Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Jeff, thanks for your help! Since deleting the entry for the duplicate forecast file I no longer have those error entries in the log.

Since changing the setup for alert downloads, I now have alerts. I want to make sure I understand how all that works though.

By changing the download to what you suggested, I now get alerts for the entire state of Texas. The "select area" button on the alerts setup page only allows you to limit the alerts that can be used in a "Trigger". There is no way to limit the alerts downloaded to a specific area. In the "Trigger" setup you can only result in a "Speak" event or an "Email".

When you setup alerts you automatically setup the "Last Alert" device. You can add as many "Alert" devices as you want or need. These alert devices take and separate all the "Alerts" into separate Alerts, so if you have 10 alerts downloaded all 10 show up in the "Last Alert" device and then if you have 10 "Alert" devices each "Alert" device will contain one alert. Again there is no way to limit the alerts to a specific area within the state.

To limit the alerts you could create a virtual device and via a script in the trigger setup limit the alerts to an area and then use the status text of the virtual device to publish to HSTouch. (Script that would do this I think is beyond my meager capabilities at this point).

Do I understand this correctly?

A question about HSTouch. Do you know if there is a text widget that will use controls to allow for vertical scrolling of text within the widget? Some of the text contained within an alert is lengthy. It would be nice to save screen real estate by defining a specific size text box and then if the text exceeds the size of the box be able to scroll the text within the box.

I have now gotten the following error messages twice. Do I need to worry about them?

Code:
            Jun-06 12:00:00 AM	 	weatherXML Error	setupReplaceVarsDict: An entry with the same key already exists.
            Jun-05 12:00:00 AM	 	weatherXML Error	setupReplaceVarsDict: An entry with the same key already exists.
            Also I am still having problems updating the hourly forecast in HSTouch only. The user web page within the HS3 app updates just fine. It is only in the HSTouch Windows screen where it doesn't update. Any suggestions as to how to fix this or is this an HSTouch bug and I should report it to them?

Again I want to say thanks for all the work you have put into this fantastic plugin.

Best regards,

Chuck

Comment

As the areas list is being built, you should start seeing ones that are near you. On the alerts setup page you select the areas that you want to use in your triggers. When you setup a trigger, you can enter keywords and then select which of the available areas you want for that alert.

For example, I have one alert that I have a keyword of "Tornado" and I have selected the county that I live in.
              Typically, I select PushOver as the way to be notified. If you have the Pushover plugin installed it gets added as an extra option.

I don't know of anyway to scroll vertically, but you can scroll horizontally. I use it for a scroll at the top of my main HSTouch page for which of my favorite shows will be the next to come on. I have the text get saved to a device and then scroll the device string.

As for the hourly forecast, I did some testing last night. I have the hourly xml file download at 4 minutes before the hour. It was taking almost 30 minutes for the new file to finally show up in the boxes. That is why I use devices anywhere that I have an option. I don't know how soon I will get to this but I do plan on adding the ability to create the hourly data as devices. That way they will update as soon as the devices do.

My to do list is pretty big.
              --
              Jeff Farmer
              HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

Working...
              X