Just speak tomorrow's forecast?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just speak tomorrow's forecast?

Since having an error with plugin due to a power outage, and reinstalling it...wow there is a lot of options with this plugin. I am simple with this plugin and it's been a long time since I've set this up but all I am looking for is having an event triggered and then tomorrow's forecast being spoken. I have the device weather Forecast and the name is Location 1 Forecast Tomorrow. How do I create a Speak Device to just read out that variable?

On the HS Device Management page find the Speak Device parent device. Click on the button Add New. A new device will be created, click on the device name to edit the device. On the page where you can edit the name, location, etc. there will be a new tab labeled weatherXML. Click on that. Near the top there will be a redish button with a question mark. That will open up a pdf with the instructions for setting up a speak device.

Enter your speaker clients, the for what you are wanting, click on the green + button. In the page that loads find the dropdown labeled Forecast Day 1. Select the option for Forecast text. You will be taken back to the previous page but with a textbox. Type the variable #dayForecast1# into the textbox. Click the Done button at the bottom of the page. On the Device Management page, the speak device will have 3 buttons. Click the Speak button and the forecast will speak.
    To have it speak at a particular time go to the HS events. Create a new event and enter whatever you want to use for your trigger. For the event action select to control a device and have the device set to Speak.
    --
    Jeff Farmer
    HS 3, HSPhone
    My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
    Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Originally posted by CFGuy View Post
      On the HS Device Management page find the Speak Device parent device. Click on the button Add New. A new device will be created, click on the device name to edit the device. On the page where you can edit the name, location, etc. there will be a new tab labeled weatherXML. Click on that. Near the top there will be a redish button with a question mark. That will open up a pdf with the instructions for setting up a speak device.

Enter your speaker clients, the for what you are wanting, click on the green + button. In the page that loads find the dropdown labeled Forecast Day 1. Select the option for Forecast text. You will be taken back to the previous page but with a textbox. Type the variable #dayForecast1# into the textbox. Click the Done button at the bottom of the page. On the Device Management page, the speak device will have 3 buttons. Click the Speak button and the forecast will speak.
      To have it speak at a particular time go to the HS events. Create a new event and enter whatever you want to use for your trigger. For the event action select to control a device and have the device set to Speak.
      Perfect thank you very much! Worked like a charm! We have an event that I trigger when going to bed that locks all the doors, shuts off all the lights, fireplace, ceiling fans etc... and then speaks the weather forecast the next day.

Comment

Working...
      X