Weather XML Stopped Working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weather XML Stopped Working

I've been using Weather XML for about a year or so I guess, and it was working fine, but it's stopped working as nothing is updating. I've been using Weather Underground API as well. I'm not seeing all the menu's to configure devices or anything. Do you have to re-register for an API key every year or something? Ideas?

If you are not seeing the Menu items in the HS web pages header, first thing I would suggest is to go to the Updater page. Check to make sure weatherXML is running. It may not have been activated after an upgrade in which case you can click to disable the plugin, then click again to enable it.
    --
    Jeff Farmer
    HS 3, HSPhone
    My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
    Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

You do not need to re-register every year. I have been using the same API key form many years.
      Did you restart the weatherXML plugin?
      --
      Jeff Farmer
      HS 3, HSPhone
      Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

I reinstalled, but that wasn't the issue. I just had to edit something in the initial setup fields which triggered the download of the additional data files. it had just hung up for some reason.

Comment

Please help

I have used this program from many years. Unsure what happened, but I know longer have the device that has just todays weather. I was in the hospital for a while and when I came home it was gone. I deleted everything and tried to start over. Do to issues, it all is not making any sense to me.
          I asking if someone could help me to start over and just get my computer to speak the daily weather and current temp.
          I hate to ask for help, but right now its tough for me to do. I have tried three or four times with no luck in getting it back to the way it was. I also had warnings to announce. Just not getting it. I need help from step one on a easy way to get my system back to the way it was. Please any small steps help would be great. Thank you.
          danielbo

Comment

Check the HS logs for errors and we can go from there.
            --
            Jeff Farmer
            HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

Thank you so much.. I believe I am on a roll.. It even shocked me. The only problem I see in the errors is for the WARNINGS. I can not find a two digit number. I found something like this: OHC167. I don't know if that is what is needed for there. I live in Vincent Ohio, 45784
              Any Ideas? I really do appreciate you taking you time out to help me.
              Sep-27 07:20:19
              weatherXML
              Check for refID: -1
              weatherXML
              Check if address exists: Location 1 HST Low 4
              weatherXML
              weatherXML
              Check if address exists: Location 1 HST Condition 4
              weatherXML
              weatherXML
              Check if address exists: Location 1 HST Icon Name 4
              weatherXML
              weatherXML
              Check for replace with
              weatherXML
              Check for replace with
              weatherXML
              Check if address exists: Location 1 HST Icon Image 4
              weatherXML
              weatherXML
              Check if address exists: Location 1 HST Precipitation 4
              weatherXML
              weatherXML
              Check if address exists: Location 1 HST Wind Speed 4
              weatherXML
              weatherXML
              Check if address exists: Location 1 HST Wind Direction 4
              weatherXML
              weatherXML
              Check if address exists: Location 1 HST Wind Degrees 4
              weatherXML
              weatherXML
              Check if address exists: Location 1 HST Night Condition 4
              weatherXML
              weatherXML
              Check if address exists: Location 1 HST Night Icon Name 4
              weatherXML
              weatherXML
              Check for replace with
              weatherXML
              Check if address exists: Location 1 HST Night Icon Image 4
              weatherXML
              weatherXML
              Check if address exists: Location 1 HST Night Precipitation 4
              weatherXML
              weatherXML
              Check if address exists: Location 1 HST Forecast 4
              weatherXML
              danielbo

Comment

For the weather alerts you will need to enter this in the Alert URL box.

/cap/oh.php?x=0

The image below is how I have mine setup.
                Attached Files
                --
                Jeff Farmer
                HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

Thank you so much. I think I am getting it. I really appreciate you help.
                  danielbo

Comment

Weather XML stopped working again. It's running, but when I go to any of the settings pages there's nothing there, the Locations page says something about 'index being outside of the bounds of the array'. I've restarted a few times. I've got many man hours of hstouch programming to have to re-do if I've lost everything. All of the devices are still there, just not being updated. help!

Comment

Originally posted by tome10 View Post
                      Weather XML stopped working again. It's running, but when I go to any of the settings pages there's nothing there, the Locations page says something about 'index being outside of the bounds of the array'. I've restarted a few times. I've got many man hours of hstouch programming to have to re-do if I've lost everything. All of the devices are still there, just not being updated. help!
                      I don't know if I had the same problem, but it stopped working for me several days ago. I fixed it by restoring from a backup I made in May, when I know it was working. Elliott

Comment

How do you restore wxml from a backup?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by tome10 View Post
                          How do you restore wxml from a backup?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          So, from the entire directory backup that I made in May, after disabling the plug in, deleting it, and re-installing it, I copied over all the the files, respectively, into homeseer/bin/weatherxml, homeseer/config/weatherxml, and homeseer/data/weatherxml. I hope this works for you. Elliott

Comment

Restore the ini files. HS sometimes writes a blank ini file while the file is being updated. Take a look at the ini files in the homeseer/config/weatherxml file and see which one is blank. Grab that ini file from a backup.
                            --
                            Jeff Farmer
                            HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

Working...
                            X