Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does WeatherXML use other ports than 80?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does WeatherXML use other ports than 80?

My WeatherXML stopped working a while ago and now I'm thinking whether my new cable modem is blocking Weatherxml. My HS3 is using port 80 and I have forwarded this port to my HS3 server. Do I need to open another port for WeatherXML?

Which provider are you using? If you are using World Weather Online then you will need to pick a different provider. WWO no longer has any free APIs. They started charging and the pricing is expensive.

On the weatherXML settings page, select Debug for the logging level.
    Go to the schedules page and manually run the Current Conditions.
    When it completes change the logging level back to errors.

Check the HS logs for the entries from weatherXML. We should get a log entry that will give some clues on what needs to be done.
    --
    Jeff Farmer
    HS 3, HSPhone
    My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
    Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

I'm using Weather Underground. I think my WeatherXML is somehow broken because I can't run scedules manually (see screen copy below). When I click Locations button I get an error message: Locations Settings Error: Index was outside the bounds of the array. When I click e.g. Database and Advanced buttons I get similar error.
      Attached Files

Comment

See if you can find a backup from when it was working and copy the ini files from the homeseer hs3/config/weatherXML directory.

The error you are getting is typical of a corrupt ini file.

I have been rewriting sections of weatherXML to get away from using ini files because of this.
        --
        Jeff Farmer
        HS 3, HSPhone
        My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
        Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

That did the trick. Many thanks for your help.

Comment

Working...
          X