Rewrite alert section

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rewrite alert section

I am in the planning stages for rewriting the Alerts section.

Please post any ideas for changes you would like to see.

My current to do list is:

* Add an All option to the trigger dropdowns. Currently Any ignores the areas. All will work the same as selecting all of the possible areas in the dropdown.
    * Add a way to put in a delay between playing the media file and the speaking of the alert text
    * Add Weather Underground as an alert source
    * Add the ability to run an event as part of the alert trigger
    * Option to Treat all alerts from the same trigger as one event call.
    * Move the Alert Tab on Parent Location Device
    * For NOAA, use the more info URL to get the complete alert summary.
    * Look into moving the Alert triggers to HS events. This would allow using any of the current HS event conditions and any of the currently available event actions.
    --
    Jeff Farmer
    HS 3, HSPhone
    My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
    Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Jeff:

That all sounds great! Does this mean that alerts will be spoken like the regular WeatherXML speak devices? That would be a welcome change from what you have to do now to speak an alert.

Regards,
    Paul

Comment

One thing I found frustrating was waiting for an alert to happen before I could test my triggers. It took me several days to get it working, waiting for alerts. Adding a way to test everything would be helpful.

Comment

Originally posted by BigBadBuzz View Post
        Jeff:

That all sounds great! Does this mean that alerts will be spoken like the regular WeatherXML speak devices? That would be a welcome change from what you have to do now to speak an alert.

Regards,
        Paul

Yeah, I plan on making the alerts work like the regular speak devices. I have worked out the exact details yet.
        --
        Jeff Farmer
        HS 3, HSPhone
        Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Originally posted by prsmith777 View Post
          One thing I found frustrating was waiting for an alert to happen before I could test my triggers. It took me several days to get it working, waiting for alerts. Adding a way to test everything would be helpful.
          There should be a text button on the Triggers page to allow testing a trigger with some test info. Or are you thinking something different?
          --
          Jeff Farmer
          HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

Any chance of it working with Australian data from our BoM as well ?
            BOM now provides warning data via XML - not sure how it works with the US systems, but the BOM data is *similar* I believe to the NWS formatting.
            They arenow producing two XML formats, AMOC and CAP... I read somewhere that you are using the Common Alerting Protocol in the plugin, so it's possible that the BOM reports may now be compatible?

Example (I think the files only exist on the FTP site if an alert is current)
            ftp://ftp.bom.gov.au/anon/gen/fwo/IDN21033.cap.xml

Cheers,
            Geoff
            Last edited by geodementia; January 3, 2018, 04:22 AM.

Comment

Alert as Speak Device

+1 also to putting Alerts as a dedicated speak device or at least available as a drop down. I can work with the existing setup but I like how the speak devices work better.

Comment

Working...
              X