Dark Radar Images

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dark Radar Images

This happens every now and then, but it's been all day today.

How do I prevent the image from being dark?
    Attached Files

Still happening. Why?
    Attached Files

Comment

...still happening. What gives?

Comment

I am seeing the same thing. Not always, but frequently. I am running version 3.0.0.76 of the plugin.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by phuz View Post
          ...still happening. What gives?
          I have not been able to duplicate it.
          Have you looked in the HS log to see if there are any errors?
          If you delete the dark image, does a new one get downloaded?
          --
          Jeff Farmer
          HS 3, HSPhone
          My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
          Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Originally posted by CFGuy View Post
            I have not been able to duplicate it.
            Have you looked in the HS log to see if there are any errors?
            If you delete the dark image, does a new one get downloaded?
            No errors in the log for me. I don't really need to do anything special to correct the dark image. I just check the radar map later and it is fine again. It almost seems like the dark image is there for a download, then a normal image is there on a subsequent download. I will pay close attention now and see if the dark image is tied to the download schedule.

Comment

Definitely occurring on the schedule for the Maps download. My radar map was normal, then my 6:46pm map download schedule occurred, and now I have the dark image. No errors in the log. I will check again when the 7:46pm schedule runs.

Comment

No errors in my log. Dark map comes and goes, as other user reports, too.
                But 95% of the time, it's dark now.

Update: my current map is normal, so I forced an update, and it's still normal.

Ironically, my scheduled update for maps occurred right after this, and the map didn't update, although the file date is new. I think I am going to disable this until the WeatherXML schedule, and just continue using my 15-minute event schedule within HS.
                Last edited by phuz; November 14, 2017, 02:48 PM.

Comment

I spoke too soon. One of my 15 minute scheduled updates just ran, and the map is back to dark.

If it helps, the first frame of the GIF is normal and the rest are dark. I then deleted the GIF, and ran the update manually from within the WeatherXML schedule page, and it re-created it with the same first frame normal and remainder dark.

Comment

Bump

Comment

I have tried to duplicate this on 2 different installs, once of which I have 3 locations setup that all 3 are downloading the radar image.
                      None of the 4 maps are dark.

I don't know what to have you try.
                      --
                      Jeff Farmer
                      HS 3, HSPhone
                      My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
                      Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Jeff, what is the URL that the animated radar is downloaded from? Or do you render that animated GIF somehow? I am seeing this dark map very frequently as well, and want to try and help dig in and see why this may be happening. I have been using the Animated Radar Map in my WeatherXML installation for years, and this only started occurring in the last few months.

Comment

Yup, same here.
                          I'm assuming you're using Weather Underground as well? And I want to help too, but it sounds like you don't have a starting point for us yet. I was thinking about changing my location Station ID temporarily to see if that has any effect on how the map is generated.

Just FYI, when those dark maps are generated, the first frame is of normal color, but the remainder is dark and I've noticed it never shows any precipitation.

Comment

I changed my station ID to another local one, modified my LAT/LON by a hair, and changed my map radius from 85 to 80. The next update grabbed a proper map. Maybe coincidence or maybe it had something to do with it. We'll see.

Comment

Originally posted by phuz View Post
                              Yup, same here.
                              I'm assuming you're using Weather Underground as well? And I want to help too, but it sounds like you don't have a starting point for us yet. I was thinking about changing my location Station ID temporarily to see if that has any effect on how the map is generated.

Just FYI, when those dark maps are generated, the first frame is of normal color, but the remainder is dark and I've noticed it never shows any precipitation.
                              Yes, I am also using Weather Underground. I am seeing exactly the same behavior.

Great point! Jeff could actually change the Station ID on one of his test installations to your ID or mine and see if he can reproduce the problem. For me, the dark map occurs many times throughout the day, so I am certain he would see it.

Comment

Working...
                              X