NOAA Forecast and Alerts stopped working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ITguyHS View Post
    Thanks! I'll be watching for it. If you'd like me to help you alpha-test it, just let me know.

If you can email me at jeff at myautomatedhome dot net, I'll send you a version that you can test the curl changes. Planning on working on several things this monday. Won't get much done today as I have a couple of the grandkids over.
    --
    Jeff Farmer
    HS 3, HSPhone
    My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
    Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

If you've been following this thread, the "use curl" functionality is available as of version 3.0.0.87.

1. Download curl from https://winampplugins.co.uk/curl/. Other versions of curl should also work, as long as they include https support! Place the two curl objects [curl.exe and ca-bundle.crt] in the folder HS3\Bin\WeatherXML or in another location of your choice.
      2. Under Wxml "locations" tab, look for "NOAA Weather Forecast Setup" and check the "use curl" box. [If you chose to place curl in other than the default location, then specify the path to curl in the setup box.]

That's it. Future downloads will use curl to get NOAA info.
      Fred

HomeSeer Pro 3.0.0.548, HS3Touch, Zwave 3.0.1.252, Envisalink DSC 3.0.0.40, WeatherXML, Z-stick, HS phone, Way2Call

Comment

This is great! My forecast and alert data downloads no longer error out. Unfortunately my current conditions download errors persist, e.g. "May-31 21:16:01 weatherXML Error downloadFile: weatherXML: curcond.jpg from: http://forecast.weather.gov/images/wtf/small/nskc.png. Error: The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a send. " The image file does appear when the URL is typed in the browser. AND, the images seem to make it into the database, as I can see them on the user page.I really don't need or use these images, just still getting the log error. Also getting this error, never got it before: "May-31 22:20:00 weatherXML Error replaceWVariables Forecast: Value cannot be null. Parameter name: replacement". I assume this is an issue caused by going so long without getting populating forecast data into the DB, which I figure will work itself out over time...

Comment

I didn't have time to get the fix in for the current condition image earlier this week. I worked on it tonight and will have it tested tomorrow.
          --
          Jeff Farmer
          HS 3, HSPhone
          My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
          Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Anyone (XP platform) have any luck with the current conditions download? Curl working for the forecasts but maybe not implemented for current? Thanks

Comment

As I remember, I never could get current conditions to work again, and gave up trying - and uninstalled weatherXML altogether. I was planning to reinstall it at some point, just waiting to implement a machine that will run Win 7.

Comment

Thanks for the response.. It runs w/out requiring curl on Win7 yes? I've had such good luck w/ XP that I have dragged my feet on a 7 or 10 migration.

Comment

Working...
                X