ADD AMBIENT WEATHER

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ADD AMBIENT WEATHER

Is there any way to add ambient weather as a source. I have an ambient weather station and I would like to get the info from it and not something like NOAA.

thanks

Originally posted by cowinger View Post
    Is there any way to add ambient weather as a source. I have an ambient weather station and I would like to get the info from it and not something like NOAA.

thanks
    My Ambient posts to weather underground. I had to register with WU to get a station ID. WeatherXML pulls the data in from the station to HS devices.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	160.6 KB
ID:	1196583
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Thanks Randy. I am hoping maybe ambient weather can be added as a source. I tried WU but did not like it. I also have my station registered with ambient weather based on the mac address. You can call it up through a browser.

Comment

Thanks Randy. I am hoping maybe ambient weather can be added as a source. I tried WU but did not like it. I also have my station registered with ambient weather based on the mac address. You can call it up through a browser.
        When you populate HS devices from WU, you really never need to look at WU. For ambientweather.net maybe Jeff could look at the API mentioned here.
        HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
          When you populate HS devices from WU, you really never need to look at WU. For ambientweather.net maybe Jeff could look at the API mentioned here.
          That would be great if he could add it in. Thanks for finding the API!

Comment

In the web pages for the Ambient Observer, do you have a page for Live Data?

I've thought about looking into Ambient, but thought that if I could pull the data off of the Live Data page there would be no internet traffic and would not have to worry about any limitations of usage (if Ambient has any).
            Then you could update the data as often as you wanted to.

I am really behind on other feature requests that I don't know when I would be able to add this though.
            --
            Jeff Farmer
            HS 3, HSPhone
            My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
            Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Originally posted by CFGuy View Post
              In the web pages for the Ambient Observer, do you have a page for Live Data?

I've thought about looking into Ambient, but thought that if I could pull the data off of the Live Data page there would be no internet traffic and would not have to worry about any limitations of usage (if Ambient has any).
              Then you could update the data as often as you wanted to.
              Yes I have included a couple of pics to show the areas it displays as well as a couple of graphs it creates also. It would really be great if you could include this in your plugin. thanks
              Attached Files

Comment

Jeff, Is that the information you needed that I put in the previous post? If not let me know and I will get it to you. thanks

Comment

Does your Ambient Weather head unit download to the PC via USB?

Comment

Originally posted by racerfern View Post
                    Does your Ambient Weather head unit download to the PC via USB?
                    No it is connected to the router via wifi. The link to the page in my pics is through a url called https://dashboard dot ambientweather dot net. You enter a username and pw. You set up your station display using it's mac address when you sign up with ambient weather.

Comment

Jeff,
                      I just found out that ambient weather allows you to create an API Key. Does that help at all in getting this in your plugin? thanks

Comment

No it is connected to the router via wifi. The link to the page in my pics is through a url called https://dashboard dot ambientweather dot net. You enter a username and pw. You set up your station display using it's mac address when you sign up with ambient weather.
                        What I was looking for is the page in the Observer wi-fi unit. If the page is there then it is not likely to change and a scraping a page would not likely be broken. If the page is on ambients server than changes to the webpage code would break any code in the plugin that was scraping the data.
                        --
                        Jeff Farmer
                        HS 3, HSPhone
                        Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

What I was looking for is the page in the Observer wi-fi unit. If the page is there then it is not likely to change and a scraping a page would not likely be broken. If the page is on ambients server than changes to the webpage code would break any code in the plugin that was scraping the data.
                          Jeff, I'm sorry but I do not know what any of that means. Could you please put it in simpler terms? thanks

Comment

Jeff,
                            I just found out that ambient weather allows you to create an API Key. Does that help at all in getting this in your plugin? thanks
                            An API would make it possible to add it. There is a lot of work to add a new source to the locations page and collect all the values.
                            As I posted above, I am way behind on other feature requests. I don't know when I will have the time to add this. With the weather finally warming up, I have a lot of work to do around the house as well as being very busy at work.
                            --
                            Jeff Farmer
                            HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

An API would make it possible to add it. There is a lot of work to add a new source to the locations page and collect all the values.
                              As I posted above, I am way behind on other feature requests. I don't know when I will have the time to add this. With the weather finally warming up, I have a lot of work to do around the house as well as being very busy at work.
                              I understand. Maybe someday. Thanks for getting back to me.

Comment

Working...
                              X