Timing off and unable to clear Play before/after speaking fields

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Timing off and unable to clear Play before/after speaking fields

In an alert trigger, there is a play before speaking and play after speaking item. I have mp3 files here that are supposed to play before the alert text and then after. What I've found is that the timing is off. The before file will play (but only on HS Touch clients and not Sonos), the speak text plays (truncated on the HS Touch clients), and then the after file will play (but only on HS Touch clients and not Sonos).

When the before file plays, there are a few seconds before the alert text starts playing and then only about 1 second before the after file plays. Not sure if there's a way to include an adjustable pause after the before file plays (to adjust based on time), and then add another pause after the alert text and before the after file is played to make sure the alert text isn't cut off (although, the pause after the alert text could be challenging since this will always change in length based on the alert).

In my case, I was just going to disable the before and after files all together, but I noticed that the Clear buttons do not work. You have to click on the Edit buttons and then remove the entire path from the dialog box and then click on submit. You won't see the changes until you click on return.
    Attached Files

Originally posted by slbuck View Post
    In an alert trigger, there is a play before speaking and play after speaking item. I have mp3 files here that are supposed to play before the alert text and then after. What I've found is that the timing is off. The before file will play (but only on HS Touch clients and not Sonos), the speak text plays (truncated on the HS Touch clients), and then the after file will play (but only on HS Touch clients and not Sonos).

When the before file plays, there are a few seconds before the alert text starts playing and then only about 1 second before the after file plays. Not sure if there's a way to include an adjustable pause after the before file plays (to adjust based on time), and then add another pause after the alert text and before the after file is played to make sure the alert text isn't cut off (although, the pause after the alert text could be challenging since this will always change in length based on the alert).

In my case, I was just going to disable the before and after files all together, but I noticed that the Clear buttons do not work. You have to click on the Edit buttons and then remove the entire path from the dialog box and then click on submit. You won't see the changes until you click on return.
    For the text I use hs.Speak and set the wait to make sure the speaking finishes before the speak function returns control.
    For the files I use hs.PlayWavFile and set the wait flag. If the Sonos plugin is capturing Speak string then it wouldn't catch the files to play.

I did get a chance last evening to fix the clear buttons. That change will be in the next release which should be this week.
    --
    Jeff Farmer
    HS 3, HSPhone
    My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
    Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Thanks for getting the fix for the clear buttons in. I think, moving forward, I'm just going to use the speak text with chaining and only include the Sonos speakers for the alert.

Comment

The version with the fix for clearing the media file is now in the updater.
        --
        Jeff Farmer
        HS 3, HSPhone
        My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
        Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Working...
        X