Get Current Conditions But No Forecast Data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get Current Conditions But No Forecast Data

I get the current conditions for the location of bremerton washington but no forecast data. I am using noaa for the source. There are big red question marks where the data should be. Any thoughts on this are much appreciated? Thanks much !!!!!! Rick

Any ideas on why I'm not getting any weather forecast data? Devices are created but no data. Just big red question marks? Thanks much...Rick

Comment

Can you post an image of the Forecast Setup section on the Locations page?
      --
      Jeff Farmer
      HS 3, HSPhone
      My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
      Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Not sure how to post an image of the forecast data setup screen? If you can explain how to do this then I will give it a try. If there something in particular you are curious about let me know and I can get back with you.....Rick

Comment

Forecast Setup
          Use Forecast Yes
          Forecast Source Same as current weather (NOAA)
          Format for Day Name in devices (Sun)
          Include in Scrolling Forecast javascript No
          Use Tide Info instead of normal forecast No
          To get Tide Information, Enter the API, Lat and Lon in the Weather Underground Extra Information Section BELOW (N/A)

CFGuy,

Here is what the Forecast Section Looks like in my Location Setup Screen. If you need any more information, please let me know....Rick

Comment

Did you enter a Latitude and Longitude in the NOAA Weather Forecast Setup section?
            --
            Jeff Farmer
            HS 3, HSPhone
            Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Are you running HS on windows or linux? If on windows, do you know what version of Windows?
              --
              Jeff Farmer
              HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

Yes, I have entered the lattitude and longitude settings. Without doing this I wouldn't get the current conditions for the Bremerton location. I am using windows 7 on a newer hometroller s6 pro. I checked NOAA weather Forecast Setup and Longitude and Latitude values are there. Is it possible that the Bremerton location doesn't put out a forecast for the station I have selected in Bremerton Washington?

Maybe you could try the NOAA Bremerton, Washington location on your test setup to see what results you get? In the NOAA Weather Conditions Setup I have the following:

http://w1.weather.gov/xml/current_obs/KPWT

Thanks Again !!!!!!! Rick
                Last edited by Rick Bonari; June 12, 2018, 10:23 PM. Reason: Additional Information

Comment

NOAA doesn't use the Lat and Lon for current conditions. This is controlled by the stationID.

The forecast is controlled by the Lat and Long. Just make sure your Lat and Lon is in the section labeled NOAA Weather Forecast Setup. Also make sure that on the schedules page you have entered the start time and end time that the forecast downloads can run between.

I will be in training for work the next few days and won't have much time to test anything. I won't be able to check the forums again until Friday evening.
                  --
                  Jeff Farmer
                  HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

Please see my previous post. I do have a start and stop time for forecast updates and the forecast updates are active. Please see previous post for NOAA URL I am using. Maybe you can check it out on your test system. Thanks again for all your help. I Like your plug-in and will donate to it once we figure out what is up with forecasts...Rick
                    Last edited by Rick Bonari; June 14, 2018, 10:01 PM. Reason: Additional Information

Comment

CFGuy,

I found the problem !!!! It was simple but overlooked it until this evening. I didn't have a minus sign in front of longitude in the locations setup for forecast. Lesson learned !!!!!!

Can I make a donation via paypal and if so what is the process?

Thanks again for all your help !!!!!! Rick
                      Last edited by Rick Bonari; June 15, 2018, 02:04 AM. Reason: Additional Information

Comment

Glad you got it figured out. I've been in website accessibility training since Wednesday. We have been going through a lot of changes at work, lots of new stuff to learn.

If you go to the weatherXML documentation page, there is a paypal button at the bottom of the page.
                        --
                        Jeff Farmer
                        HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

Working...
                        X