Rain Information Using NOAA?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rain Information Using NOAA?

Is it possible to get any rain information using the NOAA Weather Location? Interested in rain information for Bremerton, Washington? Thanks much !!!! Rick

Originally posted by Rick Bonari View Post
    Is it possible to get any rain information using the NOAA Weather Location? Interested in rain information for Bremerton, Washington? Thanks much !!!! Rick
    I just installed the GoControl Z-Wave sprinkler controller, so I've been working on the logic to decide when (and for how long) to water my yard. I also use WeatherXML (which is awesome!) and I was using NOAA for my current data but found a note in the documentation that states clearly that "Rain Today" and "Rain Past Hour" are only available with Weather Underground, so I switched to that.

In another thread, I've also asked about including devices for the wunderground 10-day forecast fields qpf_allday so I can avoid watering today (or adjust the amount) based on the forecast for tomorrow (or 2-3 days out, I haven't figured out the best logic).

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Bonari View Post
      shill is correct. NOAA provides no rain info. Now that WU is no longer giving out API's I am trying to find someone that does.
      --
      Jeff Farmer
      HS 3, HSPhone
      My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
      Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Originally posted by shill View Post
        I just installed the GoControl Z-Wave sprinkler controller, so I've been working on the logic to decide when (and for how long) to water my yard. I also use WeatherXML (which is awesome!) and I was using NOAA for my current data but found a note in the documentation that states clearly that "Rain Today" and "Rain Past Hour" are only available with Weather Underground, so I switched to that.

In another thread, I've also asked about including devices for the wunderground 10-day forecast fields qpf_allday so I can avoid watering today (or adjust the amount) based on the forecast for tomorrow (or 2-3 days out, I haven't figured out the best logic).
        See my reply here:
        https://forums.homeseer.com/showthre...=1#post1370349
        --
        Jeff Farmer
        HS 3, HSPhone
        My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
        Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Working...
        X