X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CFGuy
    replied
    Originally posted by shill View Post
    I just installed the GoControl Z-Wave sprinkler controller, so I've been working on the logic to decide when (and for how long) to water my yard. I also use WeatherXML (which is awesome!) and I was using NOAA for my current data but found a note in the documentation that states clearly that "Rain Today" and "Rain Past Hour" are only available with Weather Underground, so I switched to that.

In another thread, I've also asked about including devices for the wunderground 10-day forecast fields qpf_allday so I can avoid watering today (or adjust the amount) based on the forecast for tomorrow (or 2-3 days out, I haven't figured out the best logic).
    See my reply here:
    https://forums.homeseer.com/showthre...=1#post1370349

Leave a comment:

• CFGuy
    replied
    Originally posted by Rick Bonari View Post
    Is it possible to get any rain information using the NOAA Weather Location? Interested in rain information for Bremerton, Washington? Thanks much !!!! Rick
    shill is correct. NOAA provides no rain info. Now that WU is no longer giving out API's I am trying to find someone that does.

Leave a comment:

• shill
    replied
    Originally posted by Rick Bonari View Post
    Is it possible to get any rain information using the NOAA Weather Location? Interested in rain information for Bremerton, Washington? Thanks much !!!! Rick
    I just installed the GoControl Z-Wave sprinkler controller, so I've been working on the logic to decide when (and for how long) to water my yard. I also use WeatherXML (which is awesome!) and I was using NOAA for my current data but found a note in the documentation that states clearly that "Rain Today" and "Rain Past Hour" are only available with Weather Underground, so I switched to that.

In another thread, I've also asked about including devices for the wunderground 10-day forecast fields qpf_allday so I can avoid watering today (or adjust the amount) based on the forecast for tomorrow (or 2-3 days out, I haven't figured out the best logic).

Leave a comment:

• Rick Bonari
    started a topic Rain Information Using NOAA?

Rain Information Using NOAA?

Working...
X