Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WU Download Error

Hi Jeff,

The plugin is having an issue where it has not been able to download an update in a couple days. Yet I can copy the URL and it is there and correct.

Jun-30 09:03:21 weatherXML Error downloadFile: WU Forecast from: http://api.wunderground.com/api/<API>/forecast10day/geolookup/tide/rawtide/planner_07010708/lang:EN/q/<LON>,<LAT>.xml. Error: Unable to connect to the remote server

url in browser gives xml file (I closed up all the levels):

HTML Code:
    <response>
    <version>0.1</version>
    <termsofService>
    [url]http://www.wunderground.com/weather/api/d/terms.html[/url]
    </termsofService>
    <features>
    <feature>conditions</feature>
    <feature>geolookup</feature>
    <feature>alerts</feature>
    <feature>currenthurricane</feature>
    </features>
    <location>...</location>
    <current_observation>...</current_observation>
    <alerts> </alerts>
    <hurricane>...</hurricane>
    </response>
    Is there anything I can do?

Michael
    HS3Pro & HS4Pro on Win2012R2
    Aeotec, Cooper, Cree, GE/Jasco, Intermatic, LIFX, Fortrezz, OSRAM, RCS, Trane, Zooz
    BLBackup, BLGData, BLRussound, BLSpeech, HSTouch, InvisaLink, HSBuddy, IFTTT, JowiHue, NetCAM, PHLocation, Pushover 3P, Random, rnbWeather, UltraLighting3, weatherXML, ZigBee, Z-Wave

Not really. While you are getting a good read when you try from a url, it doesn't mean you will get it every time. The plugin also reads a file from the url and gets good data part of the time.

Unfortunately, this is a system wide problem. There are users on the WU forums that are paying for the data and they are having the same issues. One of the pay customers was paying at the $600 per month level and ended up cancelling because the data was not reliable.

I am working on a replacement for WU. That will be my main project for July.
    --
    Jeff Farmer
    HS 3, HSPhone
    My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
    Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Working...
    X