X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

weather underground not accurate ?

Hi all

I'm using weather underground.

But my problem is the temperature is not accurate.

like today with humudity it feel 36 celcius.

But in weather xml its telling me feel like 25 celcius

the object has been updating like 5 min ago

any idea why it is not accurate ?

thx

Couple of things

Make sure your lat and long are correct.

Is the feels like updating at all. You can check the Last updated time on that device.
    --
    Jeff Farmer
    HS 3, HSPhone
    My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
    Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

I know what you mean... I use weatherXML which uses WU and noticed the same thing - though I use it mainly for forecast information for my irrigation. I've been using Wadenut's script for years now found here which gets info from Environment Canada which is accurate.

Robert

EDIT: Jeff, it appears some things like humidity are ok. Right now WU reports that it is 21 deg C and feels like 21 deg C. Environment Canada is reporting the temp as 33.5 deg C and with the humidex 37 deg C. - slightly off
      My Lat and Long for Ottawa are at 45.41117, -75.69812 which is accurate.
      HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

There are some other issues with WU as well, which is why I am working on another source of weather data to add as an option in weatherXML.
        --
        Jeff Farmer
        HS 3, HSPhone
        Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Originally posted by CFGuy View Post
          Couple of things

Make sure your lat and long are correct.

Is the feels like updating at all. You can check the Last updated time on that device.
          Last edited by francrouge; July 5, 2018, 01:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by langenet View Post
            I know what you mean... I use weatherXML which uses WU and noticed the same thing - though I use it mainly for forecast information for my irrigation. I've been using Wadenut's script for years now found here which gets info from Environment Canada which is accurate.

Robert

EDIT: Jeff, it appears some things like humidity are ok. Right now WU reports that it is 21 deg C and feels like 21 deg C. Environment Canada is reporting the temp as 33.5 deg C and with the humidex 37 deg C. - slightly off
            My Lat and Long for Ottawa are at 45.41117, -75.69812 which is accurate.

Comment

Hi just to let you know that the plugin of environnement canada works very good better than weatherxml.

thx

Comment

WU is getting to the point that it doesn't even agree with itself! It is becoming usual to find different data on, say, the "Today" and "Hourly" screens, for the same time period.

10 day precipitation prediction is predictably and insanely wrong.

I, for one, am *seriously* looking forward to CF's option "B."
                HomeSeer Version: HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.19.0 (Windows - Running as a Service)
                Home Assistant 2024.3
                Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro - Desktop
                Z-Wave Devices via two Z-Net G3s
                Zigbee Devices via RaspBee on RPi 3b+
                WiFi Devices via Internal Router.

Enabled Plug-Ins
                AK GoogleCalendar 4.0.4.16,AK HomeAssistant 4.0.1.23,AK SmartDevice 4.0.5.1,AK Weather 4.0.5.181,AmbientWeather 3.0.1.9,Big6 3.44.0.0,BLBackup 2.0.64.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLLock 3.0.39.0,BLUPS 2.0.26.0,Device History 4.5.1.1,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,HSBuddy 4.51.303.0,JowiHue 4.1.4.0,LG ThinQ 4.0.26.0,ONVIF Events 1.0.0.5,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.9,TPLinkSmartHome4 2022.12.30.0,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,Z-Wave 4.1.3.0

Comment

Originally posted by ewkearns View Post
                  WU is getting to the point that it doesn't even agree with itself! It is becoming usual to find different data on, say, the "Today" and "Hourly" screens, for the same time period.

10 day precipitation prediction is predictably and insanely wrong.

I, for one, am *seriously* looking forward to CF's option "B."

WU has a lot of problems and I think it is going to get worse as IBM continues "To improve our services and enhance the relationship with our users" by discontinuing free API keys, etc. We need another option for sure.

https://apicommunity.wunderground.co...nd-api-changes

Comment

Originally posted by francrouge View Post
                    Hi just to let you know that the plugin of environnement canada works very good better than weatherxml.

thx
                    Great to hear. Thanks to Greg (Wadenut) for this - I actually use both. I take immediate YOW data into MCSSprinkler but use Jeff's excellent plugin for forecast information. I'm sure he'll work out a better solution as WU goes black.

Robert
                    HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

using ssl for downloads

Hi Jeff,

I noticed in the log when I have issues the plugin is downloading data from http and not https.

Jul-10 11:03:38 weatherXML Error downloadFile: WU Forecast from: http://api.wunderground.com/api/apinumber/forecast10day/geolookup/tide/rawtide/planner_07110718/lang:EN/q/LAT,-LON.xml. Error: The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a send.

Is there a way the plugin can download from https instead? It seems to work every time when done manually. It might help while working on a solution to WU.

Michael
                      HS3Pro & HS4Pro on Win2012R2
                      Aeotec, Cooper, Cree, GE/Jasco, Intermatic, LIFX, Fortrezz, OSRAM, RCS, Trane, Zooz
                      BLBackup, BLGData, BLRussound, BLSpeech, HSTouch, InvisaLink, HSBuddy, IFTTT, JowiHue, NetCAM, PHLocation, Pushover 3P, Random, rnbWeather, UltraLighting3, weatherXML, ZigBee, Z-Wave

Comment

Hello,
                        it looks like my scripting problem with EDF for the tempo

I forced TLS 1.2 on my HS3 server and it works since

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/...ll-connections

Jean-Francois.

Comment

Originally posted by Jobee View Post
                          Hi Jeff,

I noticed in the log when I have issues the plugin is downloading data from http and not https.

Jul-10 11:03:38 weatherXML Error downloadFile: WU Forecast from: http://api.wunderground.com/api/apinumber/forecast10day/geolookup/tide/rawtide/planner_07110718/lang:EN/q/LAT,-LON.xml. Error: The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a send.

Is there a way the plugin can download from https instead? It seems to work every time when done manually. It might help while working on a solution to WU.

Michael
                          In the HomeSeer Hs3/config/weatherXML directory, open the file weatherinfo.ini.

Look for a section with the heading
                          [wuCommon]

If it doesn't exist go to the bottom of the page and add this
                          [wuCommon]
                          wuURL= "https://api.wunderground.com/api/"

If It does exist then edit or add the wuURL value.

After you add it, save the file and go to the Plugin manage page.
                          Disable weatherXML and then restart it. This step has to be done as the ini files are only read on initial startup of the plugin.
                          The next time your weather underground schedule runs, it will use the above URL to start building the download url.

--
                          Jeff Farmer
                          HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

Working...
                          X