Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• klafollette
    replied
    Ahhh!! Found them. They were hiding in long device list. The location2 of 'HSTouch' had them separated from the rest of the ones that start with "Weather". I show temp values for High 1, Low 0 and Low 1. High 0 is blank right now, guessing since we've past the forecast high for the day and decending downwards. Thanks for the help. Made a donation for the plugin.

Leave a comment:

• CFGuy
    replied
    If you go back to the Data tab is there a checkmark in the box before Day 0 and Day 1? If so, then the device exists. The devices on the data tab are initially created with a location of weatherXMl and a location2 of HSTouch Forecast. You can change the names as the device refID is used to track the devices.

Leave a comment:

• klafollette
    replied
    Thanks, though must be doing something wrong. I went to the HSTouch\Data tab, checked boxes in the High and Low rows for Day 0 and Day 1 (thinking that's today and tomorrow), but I'm not seeing devices created like I did for the items I checked in Devices tab. I found post that you commented on back in January, https://forums.homeseer.com/node/107562?t=193729 talking about same topic. Reading setup docs, saw "Output XML file for HSTouch", thought that might have something to do with it. Set it to Yes, but that didn't seem to help. Read through Device Values Setup help doc, that didn't shed any light for me. Sure it's something simple, but I'm striking out.

Leave a comment:

• CFGuy
    replied
    Go to the next tab over. Labeled HSTouch\Data. These are the data devices and will let you select the forecast info.

Leave a comment:

• Need help getting Device Value for today's forecasted high/low temp

I'm a bit new to WeatherXML. Have it set up getting NOAA weather from a location just a mile away. I'm trying to get a device created for today's forecasted High/Low Temp, but don't seem to be able to find how to do it. Tried searching forums for answer but no luck so far.

The Current Conditions 'Todays High/Low' I found is just whatever becomes the High/Low temp throughout the day. It isn't the forecasted High/Low. Under my 'Forecast Devices' I have 'Forecast' and 'Forecast Today', but both are a sentence description. I can't seem to find where I can get just the forecasted High/Low Temp for today as a value that I can use as an event trigger. If I go to the User Pages view I can see the 'High: 77' and 'Low: 53' as a discrete field in a column, but can't find how to get that value as a device. Screenshot attached of what I see in the Devices tab.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Devices.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	149.5 KB
ID:	1239153
Working...
X