WUForecast1.xml Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WUForecast1.xml Error

Getting these errors after installing HS3 to a different folder and restoring config from backup.

Something is hard coding the file location... anyone know where to fix this?

Sep-22 12:07:21 PM weatherXML Error Error File: WUForecast1.xml Error Reason: Could not find file 'C:\Users\smarthome\Documents\Homeseer\Data\weatherXML\WUFor ecast1.xml'.
    Sep-22 12:07:21 PM weatherXML Error downloadFile: WU Forecast from: http://api.wunderground.com/api/2a8f...105.071397.xml. Error: System.Net.HttpWebResponse The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error.

From the error the WU server did not return a file. "Internal Server Error". I started seeing a lot of these over the weekend and still seeing it this morning.
    I suspect the issue is something that we will have to wait until they fix their server.

Although, it looks like WU is not going to be available much longer.
    They have an announcement that the API is going away for everyone as of 12/31/2018.

https://apicommunity.wunderground.co...nderground-api
    --
    Jeff Farmer
    HS 3, HSPhone
    My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
    Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

I am getting a lot of WUForecast1.xml errors as well. I read that about the API no longer being available. Will we switch to NOAA for forecast, or will Weather Underground make something else available for personal home users?

Comment

The only option I saw in their announcement it to switch to a Weather Company Business API. And all usage of the WU API will end 12/31/2018.
        With summer coming to an end I am hoping our yard projects will soon be over and I can get back to my normal hobby programming soon and add support for a different provider..
        --
        Jeff Farmer
        HS 3, HSPhone
        My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
        Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Thanks Jeff! Good luck with the yard projects. Looking forward to a (hopefully) wet Winter here in SoCal.

Comment

Working...
          X