Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Too Many API calls leads to discovering "End of Service for Weather Underground API"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Too Many API calls leads to discovering "End of Service for Weather Underground API"

I've been using the Weather Underground API to get my (Montreal, Canada) forecasts for quite a few years. A few days ago I started getting warnings that my API key was contacting them just over 500 times a day (like 501, 503, etc.). I found that weird because my WXML PI only contacts them 18 times per day.

After opening a ticket with them, and not getting a reply after several days, I decided to go look at their website and discovered this: Please read an important notice to our customers: End of Service for the Weather Underground API .

I took a quick look on this forum and don't see any mention of this. The WU folks seem to be saying that they'll offer something new but I won't hold my breath; they're cutting the API's off on December 31st.

I liked WU because I could get the information in French (for my wife).So what are my alternatives going to be?
    Thanks
    Regards,
    Chris
    HS4 Pro 4.2.18.3 Shuttle DL10J - Celeron - 8g Ram - 250g SSD / Win 10 Pro 64 / Insteon / Z-Wave & SmartStick+ / DSC 1832 - PC5108 - IT100 / 542 devises & 164 events
    Plug-Ins: AK Weather 4.0.5.58 / APCUPSD 3.3.2.3 / BLDSC 2.0.68.0 / BLMarantz 2.0.6.0 / BLShutdown 1.0.4.0 / Blue-Iris 3.1.3.33206 / Device History 3.1.3.0 / HSBuddy 3.30.1003.1 / Insteon 3.0.7.2 / weatherXML 3.0.11.13 / Z-Wave 3.0.10.0 / Z-Wave UI 1.0.0.0

its been "somewhere" on the forum for around 10 months. I use to send data to weather underground and then pull back to HS. Since they chose to kill their API, I have switched over to weather-display and jon00's script to pull data from my weather station. I do not have forecasts/alerts figured out very well yet, but I am workin on it. If you were to ask me, killing their api program will be the death of weather underground.

Comment

Working...
    X