Weather Underground Offline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weather Underground Offline

I have been using WU through the years without issues. Have been focusing on other aspects of my Home control system. I only now realize that this service will end, actually pretty sad about it but it is what it is. Does anyone have any suggestions for me which service to use moving forward.

Thanks
    Marcel

You can pull from ambient weather directly now if that is the system you are using.

Comment

Originally posted by pugsly View Post
      You can pull from ambient weather directly now if that is the system you are using.
      Not familiar with how to do that. If I could pull my current condition data from my PWS using Ambient Weather, and get my forecast, maps, etc. from NOAA - I think that I can probably get by after the Weather Underground API goes offline at the end of the month.

Comment

Looks like you should be okay to keep using WU if you're using your own PWS, or possibly even low-use of their API (though no detailed info yet):

https://apicommunity.wunderground.co...nderground-api

Glad to see them finally using common sense for their API policy.

Comment

Originally posted by baudfather View Post
          Looks like you should be okay to keep using WU if you're using your own PWS, or possibly even low-use of their API (though no detailed info yet):

https://apicommunity.wunderground.co...nderground-api

Glad to see them finally using common sense for their API policy.
          Thanks! Very interesting read. I am definitely encouraged by this:

PWS owners who are uploading their data will have uninterrupted access to their data, and a limited range of additional items. They will be able to access up to 1000 calls per day and 30 calls/minute. (This reflects an increase over what I mentioned before, which was the base level for the WU API.) When the API for the PWS uploaders is ready, we will provide a transition period to switch from the WU API to the new API. For PWS uploaders, the Weather Underground API will not close down on December 31.

Comment

Originally posted by automateme View Post

Not familiar with how to do that. If I could pull my current condition data from my PWS using Ambient Weather, and get my forecast, maps, etc. from NOAA - I think that I can probably get by after the Weather Underground API goes offline at the end of the month.
            I have an ambient weather ws-2902 and am using the SimplexTech HS3 plugin. Not for forecasting, just current hyper-local conditions.

Comment

Switched to NOAA right now. Not as good as WU but enough to get by. I tried World Weather Online but had issues. It seems liked the free API version is not working with weather.xml. Happy for now just a lot of fields in my forecast that are not populated anymore.

Comment

Working...
              X