3 days left of free Weather Underground

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by automateme View Post

Yes, with my Gen3 I can set it to my PWS' Weather Underground Station ID. The Gen3 with Rachio "Weather Intelligence Plus" disabled can use a specific Weather Underground PWS, or enable Weather Intelligence Plus and let it aggregate among many local weather stations (both PWS and non-PWS). I skipped the Gen2, but I thought that I read that some could do Weather Intelligence Plus, or versions that don't support Weather Intelligence Plus that would get PWS data only from PWSWeather.
    The Gen2 doesn’t have the Weather Intelligence Plus which would aggregate among many stations but does give me access to either individual PWS or let Rachio find one that is local. I’m guessing that the neighbor down the street is posting their weather info to something else other than WU which is why I can’t find them. I’m assuming that because you post your info to WU that is who Rachio must be using. I wonder however if it will remain that way after the changes made at WU. Time will tell....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HS3 3.0.0.500 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.71 with 782 Devices, 479 Events
    Plugin's:
    BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee,
    EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
    weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, Z-Wave 3.0.1.252

Comment

Well my WU API luck has finally run out. Got this error:
      "Weather Underground returned an error trying to download the xml data. Import cancelled. Error: invalidkey this key is not valid due to exceeding rate plan"
      I switched to NOAA for the time being. Will eagerly use Dark Sky when available.

Comment

I have been working on forecast using DarkSky and fixed the last known bug this morning. My plan is to have the documentation done by Saturday and I will post a way to download the new version for those are willing to beta test.
        This is going to be a big change and will take some time to convert over. The existing devices will still be used but some of them will no longer update due to that data no longer being available.
        --
        Jeff Farmer
        HS 3, HSPhone
        My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
        Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

My WeatherUnderground API also just stopped working (but it may have been days ago, my HS system was crashed here in my vacation house). The link to the new WU API for PWS data providers is: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...qpE_gArAY/edit

In looking at their API for current conditions, there is not a "condition" field which is what I primarily use. If condition contains "snow" then turn on the snow mats to keep the walkway clear, otherwise turn them off. While it might be nice for HomeSeer to know the exact wind speed in my back yard from my PWS, a generic current conditions from my general area is fine.

So I'll be looking to getting the current "condition" from other sources. My Ambient Weather WS-1001/1002 reports to both WU and ambientweather.net. Jeff, I'd be happy to loan you my WU API.

Comment

Check out https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/we...es-for-darksky
            --
            Jeff Farmer
            HS 3, HSPhone
            Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Originally posted by CFGuy View Post
              The one that I have been looking at is
              https://www.ambientweather.com/amws1400ip.html

The only wired part is the inside receiver that is connected to your network via a cat5 cable.
              One reason I picked it is because the receiver part has built in setup webpages. When looking through the manual it showed a page that displays the current values that it has received. It would be possible to tap into that page and pull the data as often as you wanted to and use no internet traffic.
              Hey Jeff, Hope things with you are good! Just wanted to see if you have purchased this pws yet? I'm interested in getting one, not a rush so I thought I would wait until it made it to the top of your list first.
              HS3 3.0.0.500 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.71 with 782 Devices, 479 Events
              Plugin's:
              BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee,
              EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
              weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, Z-Wave 3.0.1.252

Comment

Excuse for poking my nose in, but I've been very pleased with my WeatherFlow station - especially since they added the solar power option for the "Sky" unit...

https://weatherflow.com/smart-home-weather-stations/

Regards,
                BBB

Comment

Originally posted by The Profit View Post

Hey Jeff, Hope things with you are good! Just wanted to see if you have purchased this pws yet? I'm interested in getting one, not a rush so I thought I would wait until it made it to the top of your list first.

After doing more research, I ended up going with the WeatherFlow station. I've been really happy with it.
                  --
                  Jeff Farmer
                  HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

Working...
                  X