Access Forcast XML

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Access Forcast XML

Before I ask my question, I want to thank you for writing such an amazing script and for all the time spent maintaining it.

Now, this may be a dumb question: I am writting a weather Rainmeter skin and to pull 5 day forecast data from weatherXML, I know I can access the following URL to get forecast data: http://hs3ipaddress/weatherXML
    But is it possible to get access to the XML file for forcasts directly? Specifically the WUForecast1.xml file found in the Data folder of HS3?

You can't access the folders above the html file via a http request.
    However, on the Database tab, there is a section titled "XML file second location". Left blank the xml file is only saved in the Data\weatherXML directory.
    If you fill in a directory name, (example: myDirectory) then the xml file is saved in 2 locations. The Data\weatherXML and Html\myDirectory\xmlfilename.xml.
    --
    Jeff Farmer
    HS 3, HSPhone
    My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
    Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply!

I can't believe I overlooked that! Anyways, I made a the folder "weather" in the "html" folder and followed the setup as you instructed but I have done a few manual updates to the schedules but nothing is showing up in the folder. Am I doing something wrong?

Comment

Check your logs to see if you are getting an error.
        --
        Jeff Farmer
        HS 3, HSPhone
        Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

I went to settings and set "Logging Level" to "Errors" and then went to schedules and the devices updated but still no XML file.

Comment

I also set "Logging Level" to "Debug" and don't see anything referenced to the \weather\ folder or any other .xml file besides the XML file that was downloaded form WeatherUnderground

Comment

I disabled and then enabled the plugin and it works now. Thank you for your help and the plugin!

Comment

While I was looking through the code I did find an issue. If you are using multiple locations, you had to use the same folder name in each location. Since I was in that code section, I went ahead and fixed the code so you can enter a separate directory for each location. This will be in version .94.
                --
                Jeff Farmer
                HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

Working...
                X