Alert Trigger Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alert Trigger Help

CFGuy I need some help understanding how the alert trigger filters work. I have a trigger that sends a Pushover message to me for any alert in my county. But I end up getting a lot of flood alerts and they never apply since I'm not near the lake or river on the other side of the county.

If I put the word "Flood" into the field "Alert Title Not Contains" I end up not getting any alerts?

What does this field do? Is there a better way to ignore Flood alerts?
    ​​​​​​​
    HS3 SEL running Pro Edition 3.0.0.531 on Ubuntu 18.04, mono 5.20, 656 devices, 209 events.
    Plug-Ins: Chromecast, Device History, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, JowiHue, LutronCaseta, MeiUnifi, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, SDJ-Health, Sonos, WeatherFlow, weatherXML
    Scripts: SparkMan's Lock Event, 5 of Jon00 scripts.

The not fields have a bug. I need to get done with adding DarkSky and then I can start on rewriting the alert section. It needs several changes. So if you have any changes that you would like to see let me know.
    --
    Jeff Farmer
    HS 3, HSPhone
    My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
    Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

I plan to use the Alert triggers and filters to send pushovers with different priority and sounds for "Tornado Watch" and "Tornado Warnings". I bet others would be interested is those and Hurricane Watches and Warnings. I'm not sure on the level of work required in this ask.

Maybe checkboxes for those types of alerts to make it easier. Of course with working filters I can create them but, it is hard to test functionality since they happen so rarely.
      HS3 SEL running Pro Edition 3.0.0.531 on Ubuntu 18.04, mono 5.20, 656 devices, 209 events.
      Plug-Ins: Chromecast, Device History, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, JowiHue, LutronCaseta, MeiUnifi, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, SDJ-Health, Sonos, WeatherFlow, weatherXML

Comment

Originally posted by CFGuy View Post
        The not fields have a bug. I need to get done with adding DarkSky and then I can start on rewriting the alert section. It needs several changes. So if you have any changes that you would like to see let me know.
        Have the same issue. I want a single alert trigger that matches all warnings except for ones specified in the not contains fields.

For the alerts and triggers, an easy way to generate "test" alerts would be really helpful. Maybe a Test section under the alerts where you could fill in a form for the alert name, alert title, alert summary, category, urgency, severity, certainty, and area. You could fill all these in and click generate. Then the PI would evaluate this test alert as if it came from NOAA. After testing was done, you would have another button on the test tab that would remove this test alert.

Comment

I had been waiting on a requested feature to be added to plugins. Since it has been so long I am going to give up on it and move on.
          Right now, my first priority is getting some new providers added to try to keep the plugin alive.
          After that, I will start on new stuff. The Alert section rewrite has been high on my want list for a long time.
          --
          Jeff Farmer
          HS 3, HSPhone
          Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

The ability to copy alert triggers to make it easy to create new ones when only a couple of parameters might change would be helpful.

Comment

I had been waiting on a requested feature to be added to plugins. Since it has been so long I am going to give up on it and move on.
              Right now, my first priority is getting some new providers added to try to keep the plugin alive.
              After that, I will start on new stuff. The Alert section rewrite has been high on my want list for a long time.
              Thanks for the update. I really like this plugin, looking forward to playing with the new features

Comment

CFGuy

Jeff, Was wondering if you had time to look at this. Storm season is upon us so the Alerts are important. however the 11, useless to me, flood alerts today including the 5 in the last 10 minutes has wife wanting me to turn them off.

Comment

I'll take a look tomorrow evening.
                  --
                  Jeff Farmer
                  HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

I'll take a look tomorrow evening.
                    Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by drparker151 View Post
                      CFGuy

Jeff, Was wondering if you had time to look at this. Storm season is upon us so the Alerts are important. however the 11, useless to me, flood alerts today including the 5 in the last 10 minutes has wife wanting me to turn them off.
                      Can you send me an image of how of you have your alert set so that I have something to test with?
                      --
                      Jeff Farmer
                      HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

Can you send me an image of how of you have your alert set so that I have something to test with?
                        Pretty simple really, I have two areas selected for IL, Lake and Cook. the rest of the options have All selected. If I have Flood in the filter as shown I get no alerts.

Click image for larger version

Name:	alert1.png
Views:	208
Size:	15.2 KB
ID:	1302503

Click image for larger version

Name:	alert.png
Views:	225
Size:	78.7 KB
ID:	1302504

Comment

Just to be clear, you want to put the word flood in one of the Not Contains, correct?
                          --
                          Jeff Farmer
                          HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

Yes, bottom line I'd like it to ignore any Alert with the word "Flood" in the title and not have it send me a pushover notification.

Comment

I have this fixed. I am going to make a .8 release. .8 will just be a few things to release before I finish the WU import and DarkSky Hourly Forecast.
                              --
                              Jeff Farmer
                              HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

Working...
                              X