No announcement yet.

Precipitation is not updating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The setting for the PHLocation Setup Devices is setup wrong. Look at the first image you posted above. You have the same PHLocation device selected for all 3 items. That is what is changing the Lat and Lon to 1's. Each of the options should be a different device. Below is how I have mine setup. You have to select the PHLocation's Latitude, Longitude and Town devices. PHLocation has a setting to have it put these values into a device. weatherXML looks at the value of the devices you select to get the latitude and longitude.
    This feature is so that you can have weather from whereever your phone is. In my setup, I have 3 locations setup in wxml. One is setup to always get the data for where my house is. I don't have anything setup in the PHLocation section. The second location is my phone. Whenever the conditions or forecast runs, it gets the lat and long from the devices you select in these dropdown and then gets the weather for where my phone is at. The third location is my wife's phone and gets the data for where ever she is at.
    You only need to use the PHLocation Setup if you want the data to follow your phone.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	62
Size:	11.9 KB
ID:	1289276
    --
    Jeff Farmer
    HS 3, HSPhone
    My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
    Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Ok, so I unhook PHLocation and just hardcoded my lat/long settings. I can delete the vars and re-try.

Comment

It still doesn't work. I am attaching the whole page of my WeatherXML Locations setup.
        Attached Files

Comment

Figured it out. Looks like the xml file changed at some point and instead of putting in a 0 percent, they left it blank and added an attribute of nil. I got it fixed and working but can't release the fix until later this week after I finish the Dark Sky integration.
          --
          Jeff Farmer
          HS 3, HSPhone
          Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Thanks Jeff! I am parsing the forecast text to pull out the precipitation for the time being, so I am in no hurry. Please send me a link to a PayPal donation link. You provide this software at no cost and work diligently to support it. Your users should be able to express their gratitude .

Comment

In the weatherxml admin pages, click on the button labeled Help. There is a paypal button at the bottom of that page.

--
              Jeff Farmer
              HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

No donation until Dark Sky integration.

Comment

As far as Dark Sky, I have it working for Conditions. Fixed the last bug today. Forecast, I am still running for testing.
                  --
                  Jeff Farmer
                  HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

Jeff, any ETA on the precipitation and/or Dark Sky? Thanks.

Comment

Working this weekend on documenting the changes. So far in testing the most recent plugin version all the issues have been fixed. If I get the documentation done then an official release will be middle of next week.
                      --
                      Jeff Farmer
                      HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

Jeff, any updates? Thanks.

Comment

I have a location setup to use NOAA and have added the Precipitation devices for both day and night. All of mine are updating.
                          Which version of weatherXML are you on?
                          --
                          Jeff Farmer
                          HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

The latest version seems to be working quite well.

Is there an explanation of how to use the DarkSky moon information? I was hoping to get moon phases for a 5 day period with the associated icons. Thanks!

Comment

Initial work was just to replace as much as possible that was lost from WU. So Moon Phase is just for today. Dark Sky does have Moon Phase in the forecast. I haven't written the code yet to create the devices but will add it. I'll move it up my list and get it added to the forecast devices. Hopefully in version .8
                              --
                              Jeff Farmer
                              HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

Thanks. I tried using Dark Sky for the forecast, but it is not nearly as robust as NOAA. It would be great if we could have a separate category for the moon phases so that we could use NOAA for the forecast and Dark Sky for the moon information. Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
                                X