Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No maps have been setup yet...

Hi Jeff,

tried to run your Plugin today with the help of the pdf-documentation. BTW: great job!

Struggle to create a map. When I click on the User-Maps-Tab I've been told "No maps have been setup yet.".

At the device management "Location 1 Map Group" Tab "weatherXML" I can put whatever path in the field. It is not stored. Also no chance to create a map rotation although I added more than two devices to this group.

Using version 3.0.0.93.

Any thoughts?

Regards

Jens

I am not home right now but start by clicking on the help button and look for the pdf for Map Devices. When I get home later I will check in here
    --
    Jeff Farmer
    HS 3, HSPhone
    My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
    Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Allright. Thank you Jeff. Tried to change the permissions on the files and folder already, but no luck (and yes, I started to read the documentation first ;-) ).
      Below there is the info for my system:

Current Date/Time: 3/5/2019 8:30:17 PM
      HomeSeer Version: HS3 ZEE S2 Edition 3.0.0.500
      Linux version: Linux HomeTrollerZeeS2V5 4.9.35-v7+ #1014 SMP Fri Jun 30 14:47:43 BST 2017 armv7l GNU/Linux System Uptime: 0 Days 1 Hour 48 Minutes 34 Seconds
      IP Address: xxx.xxx.x.xx
      Number of Devices: 95
      Number of Events: 18
      Available Threads: 399
      HSTouch Enabled: True
      Event Threads: 0
      Event Trigger Eval Queue: 0
      Event Trigger Priority Eval Queue: 0
      Device Exec Queue: 0
      HSTouch Event Queue: 0
      Email Send Queue: 0
      License: Registered
      License: xxxxxx
      User Name and Access Level: homeseer (Admin)
      WAN IP Address: xx.xx.xx.x
      Web Server Port: xxxx

Enabled Plug-Ins
      2.0.59.0: BLBackup
      3.0.0.32: ImperiHome
      3.0.0.14: NetCAM
      3.0.0.93: weatherXML
      3.0.2.240: Z-Wave

Comment

On the two devices that you set, do they have the map showing when you are on HomeSeer device management page?
        They need to be working and displaying before you will be able to get the image rotation device working.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	209
Size:	39.0 KB
ID:	1290258

Make sure that once you have maps setup, that you go to the Schedules page and set the Map Schedule. When the Map Schedule runs it will loop over the devices that have been setup. That will update the maps once an hour.
        --
        Jeff Farmer
        HS 3, HSPhone
        Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Thanks for your help, Jeff.

No, at the device management page the devices looks differently after clicking on "Add New" than yours. Obviously this is the reason, why the "rest" is not working.

Comment

Hmmm... after putting your examples into the "Map Download From URL" field I got the images and can setup a rotation. Obviously I have understand something wrong. So now the question is where do I get those maps and what can I do with them (the idea is to "transport" it to Imperihome). Sorry for all my newbie questions.

Comment

The biggest problem is finding maps that can be used. Over the years sites have changed to try to keep you from being able to get the URL for a map.
              Here is one of my setups for a temperature map. I wrote it to download the image to the server in case you have tablets or kids devices that are blocked
              from the internet at certain times. They can still access you server internal and see the images.

Views:	241
Size:	36.9 KB
ID:	1290444

I use the plugin PHLocation. One of the features it has is that it will download a map of the location where you are. (well, your phone)
              Since it is already downloaded I just needed a way to get it into a HS Device. This is how to setup an image already on your HS server.
              HS devices won't register an update when an image changes if the name is the same each time. You have to change the value.
              I have wxml put the image in the staus graphics setting it to a value of 100. Nothing special about that number. It just happened to be what I used.
              Each time the maps schedule runs it changes the value to 99 and then back to 100. That forces an update to HSTouch. I'm not sure how imperihome works.
              If I wanted it to change more often I could trigger on PHLocations Event trigger of City Change. Then the action would be to set the Map Device to 99,
              and a second action to set it back to 100.

Views:	213
Size:	34.1 KB
ID:	1290445
              --
              Jeff Farmer
              HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

There is another plugin that I have started using. It is Device History. I have an event that triggers on the weatherXML temperature value changing. The action is to create an
                image of the last 7 days of temperatures. This is the one created a couple of days ago. It puts Temperature and Feels like. It's a bit messed up due to all the testing I have been doing on changes to weatherXML but it gives you an idea on what is possible.

Click image for larger version  Name:	weatherXML_weather_Current_Basehor_Temperature_full.png Views:	1 Size:	58.9 KB ID:	1290552
                --
                Jeff Farmer
                HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

Jeff, have you seen windy.com? There are some really cool maps there including lightning strikes and waves. Don't know if it's possible to incorporate into your plugin, but they do list an API.

Comment

Sorry Jeff for the delay and thank you very much for the response. I was away from my PC two days. I guess I have understand the concept of your great plugin now. Unfortunately I'm dealing "only" with the Zee Troller, so the numbers of plugins are limited to 5...
                    Anyway, now I'm trying to find out how to get a graph (or an image) in conjuntion with Imperihome to my tabletts. At this time I'm receiving only numbers ;-)

Comment

If you are seeing numbers, you are most likely getting the device value. I've not used Imperihome, so not sure how to help you on that. The device status graphic is what you need to be able to display.
                      --
                      Jeff Farmer
                      HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

Exactly Jeff. It's "only" the device value. I'm not sure how to "transport" graphics from WeatherXML to the Imperihome plugin from Spud. That's why I'm asked him via this forum.

Comment

Working...
                        X