No announcement yet.

weatherXML changes for DarkSky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I updated and all array errors I've had are gone. Great job Jeff, thanks for chasing these down.
    HS3 SEL running Pro Edition 3.0.0.531 on Ubuntu 18.04, mono 5.20, 656 devices, 209 events.
    Plug-Ins: Chromecast, Device History, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, JowiHue, LutronCaseta, MeiUnifi, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, SDJ-Health, Sonos, WeatherFlow, weatherXML
    Scripts: SparkMan's Lock Event, 5 of Jon00 scripts.

Comment

• I updated as well and a few errors persisted. I deleted the problematic devices and then added them again and all is well now. Thanks Jeff.

Comment

• The errors no longer appear for me either. Thank you Jeff!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
        HS3 3.0.0.500 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.71 with 782 Devices, 479 Events
        Plugin's:
        BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee,
        EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
        weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, Z-Wave 3.0.1.252

Comment

• I got my images working but I'm not so sure that I can trust darkskys forecasts.

This week it is showing partly cloudy with 86% chance of rain. In my book that should show a rain icon and say "Chance of rain".
          Damn you Weather Underground!!!
          Attached Files
          HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition
          Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
          Processor Type and Speed: i7 - 3.26 GHz
          Total Physical Memory: 16Gig

Plugins: BlBackup | EasyTrigger | FitbitSeer | HSTouchServer | Insteon | WeatherXML

Comment

• And I'm a little at a loss as to why they would have a forecast that says partly cloudy night. Does that mean that the day will be clear? I could see it changing after a certain time of day in the current conditions devices like WU did, but not in the seven day forecast.
            HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition
            Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
            Processor Type and Speed: i7 - 3.26 GHz
            Total Physical Memory: 16Gig

Plugins: BlBackup | EasyTrigger | FitbitSeer | HSTouchServer | Insteon | WeatherXML

Comment

• Originally posted by codemonkey View Post
              And I'm a little at a loss as to why they would have a forecast that says partly cloudy night. Does that mean that the day will be clear? I could see it changing after a certain time of day in the current conditions devices like WU did, but not in the seven day forecast.
              In an earlier post, Jeff mentioned that DarkSky will use the the worst forecast for the day, so if it's going to be clear during the day but rain that night, then it will show rain as the forecast. DarkSky may make changes to this in the future but Jeff may also give us an option to specify a time of day that is used for the forecast. So if you choose noon then what ever the forecast is at noon, that is what will show in your device.
              Plugin's:

Comment

• So.....I'm not sure how to proceed with WeatherXML, it seems the services that provide weather for free are working on finding ways to get paid for the data. To be honest, I'm surprised they haven't already moved everything over to a subscription as everyone else has. I read a post on another PI thread that seems to indicate we might have issues in the future by using DarkSky's API......

"Using weatherXML and Dark Sky is not allowed according to their web site.

Can I require my users to sign up for a developer's API key?
                No, your end-users should not sign up for Dark Sky API keys as a means for you to circumvent the daily cap of 1,000 free calls. The 1,000 free calls per day are intended for one developer or company to explore the API."

I like everything about WeatherXML and Jeff is one of the best/most responsive developers for HomeSeer so I'd like to figure out the best way to proceed. Thinking it would be best to just get my own PWS and move back to WU and use WeatherXML? I understand from other posts that I would lose some data that WU used to provide.....anyway just thought I would see what everyone's opinion is on this issue??

I don't live in an area with a lot of room or a perfect place to put a PWS, one of my neighbors has theirs on a pole attached to their chimney....can't imagine the temps they get when they light a fire in the fireplace! So installing a PWS might be challenging....
                Plugin's:

Comment

• There's no need to fear, Underdog is here. I can promise you that I did not write a line of code to add DarkSky until after talking to one of their ops engineers and getting permission to have weatherXML users sign up for their own API. DarkSky is ok with hobbiest usage with one big condition. You can not charge for your program. I explained that the Home Automation software, HomeSeer, allows users to write their own addons and that I do not charge for the plugin. It is not open source, but anyone can make feature requests. Even after the initial OK, I gave some more info and asked one more time if that fit their definition of hobbyist usage. The reply was that this "definately falls under the hobbyist usage, so please go ahead." We also have to agree to put a Powered by DarkSky logo on our pages. You can select the Data Provider device and place that on your HSTouch screens or your HS Mobile pages. I did telll that the majority of us will never dispaly any of the data outside of our own homes.

I made sure to let them know when I opened it up for beta testers so they would know to expect several new API requests.

--
                  Jeff Farmer
                  HS 3, HSPhone
                  My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
                  Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

• Excellent....
                    Hector
                    MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
                    AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

• Originally posted by CFGuy View Post
                      There's no need to fear, Underdog is here. I can promise you that I did not write a line of code to add DarkSky until after talking to one of their ops engineers and getting permission to have weatherXML users sign up for their own API. DarkSky is ok with hobbiest usage with one big condition. You can not charge for your program. I explained that the Home Automation software, HomeSeer, allows users to write their own addons and that I do not charge for the plugin. It is not open source, but anyone can make feature requests. Even after the initial OK, I gave some more info and asked one more time if that fit their definition of hobbyist usage. The reply was that this "definately falls under the hobbyist usage, so please go ahead." We also have to agree to put a Powered by DarkSky logo on our pages. You can select the Data Provider device and place that on your HSTouch screens or your HS Mobile pages. I did telll that the majority of us will never dispaly any of the data outside of our own homes.

I made sure to let them know when I opened it up for beta testers so they would know to expect several new API requests.
                      Speed of lightning, roar of thunder
                      Fighting all who rob or plunder
                      Underdog! Underdog! Underdog!!

My apologies....should have not lost faith.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                      Plugin's:

Comment

• Found a small bug. Here is a screen grab. LOL
                        I hope I don't get that much rain.....

Thanks,
                        Tim

Click image for larger version  Name:	send2JeffWXML.jpg Views:	1 Size:	32.2 KB ID:	1297173
                        FB Page - https://www.facebook.com/pages/Capt-Tim/209398425902188

HSTouch Layouts - https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...5902188&type=3

No, Im from Iowa. I only work in outer space. Captain Kirk

Comment

• Perhaps dumb of me, but I don't understand why my hstouch doesn't show the current condition - clear-night.png. This file is in condition directory. It does show under users current condition in the plugin. Using the latest update and no errors in the log. No changes made to hstouch.

From the log.
                          2019-04-04 08:06:09.2277088 PM weatherXML Set CurCondIconName: clear-night.png
                          2019-04-04 08:06:09.2277088 PM weatherXML saveIconCondition: clear-night.png
                          2019-04-04 08:06:09.2277088 PM weatherXML Use image: /images/weatherXML/condition/clear-night.png for HSTouch
                          2019-04-04 08:06:09.2277088 PM weatherXML Forecast Day Icon 1: rain.png
                          2019-04-04 08:06:09.2277088 PM weatherXML Check for replace with
                          2019-04-04 08:06:09.2277088 PM weatherXML Forecast DS Image 1: rain.png
                          2019-04-04 08:06:09.2277088 PM weatherXML Use Image File: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\html\images\weatherXML\condition\clear-night.png
                          2019-04-04 08:06:09.2433346 PM weatherXML Use image: /images/weatherXML/condition/rain.png for HSTouch

Also when looking through the log, I found this error.

2019-04-04 08:06:09.4808808 PM weatherXML Error setDeviceHorizontal: Could not load file or assembly 'HtmlRenderer, Version=1.4.14.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
                          HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

• Originally posted by fungun View Post
                            Found a small bug. Here is a screen grab. LOL
                            I hope I don't get that much rain.....

Thanks,
                            Tim
                            It looks like you have the unit set to inches when it should be Percent. None of the current providers forecast rain in inches. Go to the devices page and check in the forecast section for Precipitation: Day %. In the append text box do you have IN?

--
                            Jeff Farmer
                            HS 3, HSPhone
                            Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

• Originally posted by langenet View Post
                              Perhaps dumb of me, but I don't understand why my hstouch doesn't show the current condition - clear-night.png. This file is in condition directory. It does show under users current condition in the plugin. Using the latest update and no errors in the log. No changes made to hstouch.

From the log.
                              2019-04-04 08:06:09.2277088 PM weatherXML Set CurCondIconName: clear-night.png
                              2019-04-04 08:06:09.2277088 PM weatherXML saveIconCondition: clear-night.png
                              2019-04-04 08:06:09.2277088 PM weatherXML Use image: /images/weatherXML/condition/clear-night.png for HSTouch
                              2019-04-04 08:06:09.2277088 PM weatherXML Forecast Day Icon 1: rain.png
                              2019-04-04 08:06:09.2277088 PM weatherXML Forecast DS Image 1: rain.png
                              2019-04-04 08:06:09.2277088 PM weatherXML Use Image File: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\html\images\weatherXML\condition\clear-night.png
                              2019-04-04 08:06:09.2433346 PM weatherXML Use image: /images/weatherXML/condition/rain.png for HSTouch

Also when looking through the log, I found this error.

2019-04-04 08:06:09.4808808 PM weatherXML Error setDeviceHorizontal: Could not load file or assembly 'HtmlRenderer, Version=1.4.14.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
                              The DarkSKy icons are in the device named Icon: Day Image. On the devices page make sure that you have the Icon Image selected and are using that in HSTouch. HtmlRenderer should be in the HomeSeer HS3/bin/weatherXML directory. There should not be one in the main HomeSeer HS3 directory.
                              --
                              Jeff Farmer
                              HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

• Hi,
                                I've just updated to v3.0.1.3 and am seeing the below errors:-
                                Apr-05 08:31:00 weatherXML Error setDeviceHorizontal: Could not load file or assembly 'HtmlRenderer, Version=1.4.14.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
                                Apr-05 08:31:00 weatherXML Error convertPrecipitationValues: Conversion from string "" to type 'Double' is not valid.
                                Apr-05 08:30:55 weatherXML Error convertPrecipitationValues: Conversion from string "" to type 'Double' is not valid.
                                I think the first one is related to generating the graphical forecast device. Am I missing a .dll maybe, or a reference in the homeseer settings.ini?

The other two seem to be rain forecast related. I use yr.no as a data provider as they seem to do best for the UK and I think they forecast a predicted amount of rain per day (in mm), rather than a % chance, although I'm not certain of this (although it would be weirdly precise to put forward a 3.4% chance of rain?)

The forecast strings therefore end "Chance of rain 3.4" when it might be more sensible to have "Predicted precipitation: 3.4mm"?

Great plugin and thanks for the continued efforts.

Jon.

Comment

Working...
                                X