Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MNB
    replied
    Not to be too thick.. so if I understand you, WeatherXML checks the NOAA site every (what ever periodicity) and then reports/speak if the Alert is still active/present, so I'm assuming that when the alert is no longer viable they remove the Alert and WeathXML no longer reports the Alert? Mike

Leave a comment:

• CFGuy
    replied
    NOAA does not provide a way to receive alerts. (At least not when I last checked) That is why I typically have a check run every 5 minutes during the spring (Tornado season) and back it off to 15 during the summer and winter. I did get a weather alert radio but I could never get it to work with a signal to the com port on my computer. I have an expensive paper weight on my desk now.

Leave a comment:

• MNB
    replied
    Thanxs for the quick come-back, even responses whilst at work! While your reviewing posts quick question re alerts I see within the schedule Tab under "Alert" it is currently set to 15 minutes start at 2 minute after hour does that mean once the alert has been triggered that it will announce every 15 minutes or does it mean it only announces if/when triggered by NOAA?

Leave a comment:

• CFGuy
    replied
    Originally posted by MNB View Post
    Jeff, Looking at my Forecast page I notice something different my forecast for Sunday has a Night time image where as the Partly Cloudy starts at afternoon (see attached) what am I missing? Mike
    According to DarkSky, on the daily forecast they use the image that represents the worst condition of the 24 hour period. In the FAQ, they mention that they may change that policy.
    I am hoping that once I start working on the Hourly forecast I will be able to just use that info for the daily forecasts and let you pick which hour of the day you want to represent the daytime and which hour to represent the nighttime forecast. I will be uploading the DarkSky version to the HS updater when I get off work later today. Once it is approved and in the updater I will start working on my Phase 2 for DarkSky which is the hourly forecast.

Leave a comment:

• MNB
    replied
    Jeff, Looking at my Forecast page I notice something different my forecast for Sunday has a Night time image where as the Partly Cloudy starts at afternoon (see attached) what am I missing? Mike
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• CFGuy
    replied
    I set a flag wrong on NOAA and it hid the Night forecast. I got it changed so the Night Summary Device will show again for NOAA.

Leave a comment:

• prsmith777
    replied
    Jeff, what happened to the NOAA Forecast: Night Summary device? I dont see it anywhere.

Leave a comment:

• CFGuy
    replied
    I see the error. I have fixed it and it will be in the next release which might be this week. I got a lot of documentation done tonight. Not much left before I can release a new version.

Leave a comment:

• GaryDN
    replied
    Jeff having issues with weatherXML_1.xml for hstouch, starting on line 47 the code is wrong <nightPrecipitation0</nightPrecipitation> so I fix it <nightPrecipitation>-</nightPrecipitation> and then hstouch starts to update again for an hour or so. when I check the xml again it has the error again. any idea why this is happening?

Leave a comment:

• donstephens
    replied
    HS had the longitude entered with the wrong sign

Really? I didn't catch that. Sure enough my longitude was a minus sign.
    Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• CFGuy
    replied
    Look in the HomeSeer HS3/data/weatherXML directory for a file named DSCondition1.json. Open the file and look for "timezone". Is the time zone correct? You may have the longitude entered backwards. When the original documentation for weatherXML was written HS had the longitude entered with the wrong sign so wxml said to change the -long to a +long. At some point last year HS corrected the value and wxml should now match the HS lat and long. The documentation will be updated with the release of the next version.

Leave a comment:

• brantz
    replied
    Hi - I've got it all going with DarkSky - icons etc... The only remaining issue is that I use metric units and the "high" temps come in as degrees C but the low temps are coming in as degrees F, but when converted they look to be right. The WeatherXML units are set to C. Any ideas?

Thanks to Jeff for all the hard work!

Brantz

Leave a comment:

• tgrate
    replied
    Jeff, Thank you for the list of names. Copied over PNGs as you suggested and got it working quickly! Tom

Leave a comment:

• CFGuy
    replied
    DarkSky does not provide icons. If you have been using weatherXML for a while you probably have several icons from other providers. You can rename them to match this list and they will be used the next time the import runs.

clear-day.png
    clear-night.png
    rain.png
    snow.png
    sleet.png
    wind.png
    fog.png
    cloudy.png
    partly-cloudy-day.png
    partly-cloudy-night.png

These last 3 are not used, but DarkSky said they might add them in the future
    Hail.png
    Thunderstorm.png
    Tornado.png

Leave a comment:

• tgrate
    replied
    Hi Jeff,

Downloaded the latest beta plugin per above. Thank you for all of your very hard work.

Everything is working well, expect I am not getting the images for the Current Conditions as well for the Forecast for a location using Dark Sky.
    Attached is a screen shot of the Forecast page.
    I have a another location configured using NOAA and images are displaying correctly for that location.

Additionally, for the Dark Sky Location, the Device, Current Condition, Condition:Icon, it is displaying a string "rain.png" or "fog.png" but is not displaying an icon and the device does not have status graphics.

Best,

Tom

Click image for larger version

Name:	Sammamish Forecast.PNG
Views:	16
Size:	258.3 KB
ID:	1294813
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

Working...
X