No announcement yet.

weatherXML changes for DarkSky

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First let me thank you very much for your efforts. WeatherXml has been working for me for years now, and always updates for new setups.
    I am currently using 3.1.0.3 with Dark sky.
    I have now a unit problem.
    I have checked the "units" setup of the plugin, and asked for Celcius.
    Though, my temps are only in Farenheit, only appended with °C as I wish.
    Also, precipitations are given as 0.XX instead ox XX%.
    Trying to change the units in the plugin's setup gives the message "You have made a change. Click the Convert Now buton if you are finished.", and cannot find such a button.

Also, in the HS log I could find
    avr.-05 11:25:24 weatherXML Error deviceBarometer: La conversion de la chaîne "" en type 'Short' n'est pas valide.
    avr.-05 11:25:24 weatherXML Error deviceBarometer: La conversion de la chaîne "" en type 'Double' n'est pas valide.
    Right now, all my events depending on temperature are gone mad, the house is in "full hot summer alert" mode ...
    Visit zee e-maison : http://www.e-maison.com

Comment

• I didn't have anything in those boxes, so I changed it to %, but it still shows the same. I re-ran the Forecast schedule.
      It's like it is picking it up from the "Units" page of the settings.

Thanks,
      Tim
      FB Page - https://www.facebook.com/pages/Capt-Tim/209398425902188

HSTouch Layouts - https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...5902188&type=3

No, Im from Iowa. I only work in outer space. Captain Kirk

Comment

• Originally posted by Pierre View Post
        First let me thank you very much for your efforts. WeatherXml has been working for me for years now, and always updates for new setups.
        I am currently using 3.1.0.3 with Dark sky.
        I have now a unit problem.
        I have checked the "units" setup of the plugin, and asked for Celcius.
        Though, my temps are only in Farenheit, only appended with °C as I wish.
        Also, precipitations are given as 0.XX instead ox XX%.
        Trying to change the units in the plugin's setup gives the message "You have made a change. Click the Convert Now buton if you are finished.", and cannot find such a button.

Also, in the HS log I could find
        avr.-05 11:25:24 weatherXML Error deviceBarometer: La conversion de la chaîne "" en type 'Short' n'est pas valide.
        avr.-05 11:25:24 weatherXML Error deviceBarometer: La conversion de la chaîne "" en type 'Double' n'est pas valide.
        Right now, all my events depending on temperature are gone mad, the house is in "full hot summer alert" mode ...
        Take a look in the HomeSeer HS3/data/weatherXML/DSCondition1.json file. Look for "timezone". Is it correct?
        If not, then check your Lat and Long and make sure that they are both correct.
        You can check some of the values in the file. They should all be downloading in US values and then being converted based on the value selected on the Units page.
        If you find that they are not being converted please go to the settings page and set the logging level to weatherXML log file. Manually run the schedule and when it finishes click on the Menu button for Debug log. Click the button Save To File. The file logOutput.txt will be saved in the data/weatherXML directory. Please email that to me at jeff@myautomatedhome.net.

--
        Jeff Farmer
        HS 3, HSPhone
        My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
        Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon798 View Post
          Hi,
          I've just updated to v3.0.1.3 and am seeing the below errors:-
          Apr-05 08:31:00 weatherXML Error setDeviceHorizontal: Could not load file or assembly 'HtmlRenderer, Version=1.4.14.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
          Apr-05 08:31:00 weatherXML Error convertPrecipitationValues: Conversion from string "" to type 'Double' is not valid.
          Apr-05 08:30:55 weatherXML Error convertPrecipitationValues: Conversion from string "" to type 'Double' is not valid.
          I think the first one is related to generating the graphical forecast device. Am I missing a .dll maybe, or a reference in the homeseer settings.ini?

The other two seem to be rain forecast related. I use yr.no as a data provider as they seem to do best for the UK and I think they forecast a predicted amount of rain per day (in mm), rather than a % chance, although I'm not certain of this (although it would be weirdly precise to put forward a 3.4% chance of rain?)

The forecast strings therefore end "Chance of rain 3.4" when it might be more sensible to have "Predicted precipitation: 3.4mm"?

Great plugin and thanks for the continued efforts.

Jon.
          You are correct about Norway.Yr. I had forgot that it does provide a forecast of rain in millimeters.
          I will work on correcting this and try to get it sent to the updater this morning.
          --
          Jeff Farmer
          HS 3, HSPhone
          Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

• Originally posted by fungun View Post
            I didn't have anything in those boxes, so I changed it to %, but it still shows the same. I re-ran the Forecast schedule.

Thanks,
            Tim
            What data provider are you using?
            --
            Jeff Farmer
            HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

• Originally posted by CFGuy View Post

The DarkSKy icons are in the device named Icon: Day Image. On the devices page make sure that you have the Icon Image selected and are using that in HSTouch. HtmlRenderer should be in the HomeSeer HS3/bin/weatherXML directory. There should not be one in the main HomeSeer HS3 directory.
              Jeff, I did have Day Image selected. I'll need to revisit my HSProject to see what's going on. Funnily enough, the images are correct for the next 4 days. As for HtmlRenderer, there wasn't one in the HomeSeer HS3 directory or the HS3/bin/weatherXML directory. I noticed in the Updates3 directory that I have two folders weatherXML3.0.1.02 and weatherXML3.0.1.3, so I took the HtmlRenderer.dll and copied it to HomeSeer HS3/bin/weatherXML directory. Any reason why those folders are in the Updates3 directory?

EDIT: Just checked the log and I still see the error every once in a while.

2019-04-05 09:01:00.5768589 AM weatherXML Error setDeviceHorizontal: Could not load file or assembly 'HtmlRenderer, Version=1.4.14.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Robert
              HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

• The updates3 directory is where HS downloads the upgrade zip file. It then unzips the files and copies them to the correct directories. It turns out that I don't know how to spell the work Renderer and had it wrong in the install script. I have made several fixes for Norway.YR and fixed the install file. Just submitted the changes to the HS updater. Should be available sometime this morning. Hopefully when the HS updater copies the file over that will take care of the errors you are seeing. If you continue to have image errors, set the logging level to weatherXML Log File and run the forecast schedule. Then go to the Debug Log page and click the button Save To File. logOutput.txt will be saved to the HomeSeer HS3/data/weatherXML directory. Email it to me and I will look through the logs to see if anything stands out.
                --
                Jeff Farmer
                HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

• Thanks Jeff. A restart following manually copying HtmlRenderer cleared that error... and I do know that the updates3 directory is where HS downloads the upgrade zip file. Just that I thought after the install, any directories used at the root get removed. WeatherXML is the only thing lingering there and I have more than 20 plugins installed.
                  HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

• I suspect the error in the install caused it to not get cleaned out. You can remove them.
                    --
                    Jeff Farmer
                    HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

• Originally posted by codemonkey View Post
                      I got my images working but I'm not so sure that I can trust darkskys forecasts.
                      Tony, where did you get the pretty weather icons is it possible to share? Mike

Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture.PNG Views:	1 Size:	74.7 KB ID:	1297055
                      Computer: CUK Intel NUC7i7BNH
                      Op System: Windows 10 Pro - Work Station
                      HS Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plug-Ins: BLBackup, BLGData, BLRoombaWifi, Device History, EasyTrigger, ImperiHome, Nest, PHLocation, Pushover 3P, Restart, Sonos, UltraCID3, UltraWeatherWU3, Z-Wave, and Jon00 scripts.

Comment

• Happy to share. Enjoy!
                        Attached Files
                        HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition
                        Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
                        Processor Type and Speed: i7 - 3.26 GHz
                        Total Physical Memory: 16Gig

Plugins: BlBackup | EasyTrigger | FitbitSeer | HSTouchServer | Insteon | WeatherXML

Comment

• That was quick, many thanxs Tony

Like the new wind direction icons, question is there a key for the Weather Images as their numeric, I thought that WeatherXML and Darksky need them to be uniquely named? Mike
                          Computer: CUK Intel NUC7i7BNH
                          Op System: Windows 10 Pro - Work Station
                          HS Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plug-Ins: BLBackup, BLGData, BLRoombaWifi, Device History, EasyTrigger, ImperiHome, Nest, PHLocation, Pushover 3P, Restart, Sonos, UltraCID3, UltraWeatherWU3, Z-Wave, and Jon00 scripts.

Comment

• Jeff,
                            Thanks for updating the plugin. I was able to get this working on a Linux device using Raspbian Stretch. I see one message in the log at the moment,
                            Apr-05 4:02:12 PM weatherXML Error Check if SQLite exists for location 1

I do see date being stored in the onboard database.
                            Anything to be concerned with?
                            Thanks again

Comment

• Originally posted by flatbush97 View Post
                              Jeff,
                              Thanks for updating the plugin. I was able to get this working on a Linux device using Raspbian Stretch. I see one message in the log at the moment,
                              Apr-05 4:02:12 PM weatherXML Error Check if SQLite exists for location 1

I do see date being stored in the onboard database.
                              Anything to be concerned with?
                              Thanks again
                              Nothing to be concerned with. I should have set it as an info log entry and not an error. It is just a log entry right before the function runs that adds any new changes to the database.
                              --
                              Jeff Farmer
                              HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

• Originally posted by fungun View Post
                                I didn't have anything in those boxes, so I changed it to %, but it still shows the same. I re-ran the Forecast schedule.

Thanks,
                                Tim

What data provider are you using?
                                Dark Sky.

Thanks,
                                Tim
                                FB Page - https://www.facebook.com/pages/Capt-Tim/209398425902188

HSTouch Layouts - https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...5902188&type=3

No, Im from Iowa. I only work in outer space. Captain Kirk

Comment

Working...
                                X