weatherXML changes for DarkSky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sickpuppy View Post

If everyone loves the work, make sure you donate thorugh the PayPal link in the PI. You guys (and I mean everyone posting here) did donate, right?
    I agree 100%. Donation sent.
    HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

• I'm getting errors downloading NOAA icons on the latest version. These only happen on icons I haven't already downloaded and aren't in the html/images/weatherxml/condition folder it seems. When I test the link, they download OK.
      weatherXML Error downloadFile: weatherXML: i-ra_j-ra_sn_ip-40_jp-70.png from: http://forecast.weather.gov/DualImag...sn&ip=40&jp=70. Error: System.Net.HttpWebResponse The remote server returned an error: (403) Forbidden.

Comment

• Also getting this error in the log, and not sure what it means:
        weatherXML Error Requested value '
        DeviceNightIconNameVal0' was not found.

Comment

• Originally posted by prsmith777 View Post
          I'm getting errors downloading NOAA icons on the latest version. These only happen on icons I haven't already downloaded and aren't in the html/images/weatherxml/condition folder it seems. When I test the link, they download OK.
          weatherXML Error downloadFile: weatherXML: i-ra_j-ra_sn_ip-40_jp-70.png from: http://forecast.weather.gov/DualImag...sn&ip=40&jp=70. Error: System.Net.HttpWebResponse The remote server returned an error: (403) Forbidden.
          Go to the Debug Log page and click the button "Create Updater File". You can then go to the Updater and click "Update Listings".
          You will get an option to download 3.0.1.6. That has fixed the Forbidden error.
          --
          Jeff Farmer
          HS 3, HSPhone
          My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
          Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

• We are in the midst of a blizzard here in Colorado and my evening weather announcement stated that current conditions are "mostly cloudy and breezy"... Huh?

Looked over the NOAA condition device and it hadn't updated since 1:10 pm. Found a few of these errors in the log:
            Apr-10 3:50:02 PM weatherXML Error device Condition: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
            NOAA wind direction also stopped updating at same time.

EDIT: Looks like I was getting my station data from too far away. I picked a closer station and its more accurate. Devices are populating again normally.
            Last edited by prsmith777; April 10th, 2019, 06:33 PM. Reason: EDIT: Also noticed NOAA wind direction stopped updating at same time.

Comment

• Hi Jeff,
              Is it possible to set the number of decimal places for the current temp to one but the forecast temps to 0?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
              HS3 3.0.0.500 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.71 with 782 Devices, 479 Events
              Plugin's:
              BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee,
              EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
              weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, Z-Wave 3.0.1.252

Comment

• Originally posted by The Profit View Post
                Hi Jeff,
                Is it possible to set the number of decimal places for the current temp to one but the forecast temps to 0?

Not at this time. I will add it to my to do list.
                --
                Jeff Farmer
                HS 3, HSPhone
                Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

• Originally posted by langenet
                  I don't understand. My current temp shows as an integer i.e -1, 2 etc. Where are you getting double numeric representation?
                  I’m referring to the WeatherXML setting under the units tab where you can set the number of decimal places.

Plugin's:

Comment

• Yeah... just after I posted the question, I took and look and found that. Totally overlooked that feature. I then deleted my post... ah... just another day to learn something new
                    HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

• Here is something I would be interested in hearing opinions on. If I remove the append and prepend textboxes on the devices page and do away with the Units page, the device value would get set to the value coming from the import but the device Status Graphics would allow you to set a prepend, append and decimal places per device. Then you could have individual control for each day of the forecast if you wanted to. And no more all Temps use the same value for rounding. For devices like Wind Speed you could add your own speed ranges and have different icons for different speeds.

Thoughts, ideas?
                      --
                      Jeff Farmer
                      HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

• Originally posted by CFGuy View Post
                        Here is something I would be interested in hearing opinions on. If I remove the append and prepend textboxes on the devices page and do away with the Units page, the device value would get set to the value coming from the import but the device Status Graphics would allow you to set a prepend, append and decimal places per device. Then you could have individual control for each day of the forecast if you wanted to. And no more all Temps use the same value for rounding. For devices like Wind Speed you could add your own speed ranges and have different icons for different speeds.

Thoughts, ideas?
                        I like it

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

HS3 SEL running Pro Edition 3.0.0.531 on Ubuntu 18.04, mono 5.20, 656 devices, 209 events.
                        Plug-Ins: Chromecast, Device History, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, JowiHue, LutronCaseta, MeiUnifi, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, SDJ-Health, Sonos, WeatherFlow, weatherXML
                        Scripts: SparkMan's Lock Event, 5 of Jon00 scripts.

Comment

• Originally posted by CFGuy View Post
                          Here is something I would be interested in hearing opinions on. If I remove the append and prepend textboxes on the devices page and do away with the Units page, the device value would get set to the value coming from the import but the device Status Graphics would allow you to set a prepend, append and decimal places per device. Then you could have individual control for each day of the forecast if you wanted to. And no more all Temps use the same value for rounding. For devices like Wind Speed you could add your own speed ranges and have different icons for different speeds.

Thoughts, ideas?
                          I like that idea! It definitely opens up the options for everyone to set it exactly how they want. I'm wondering if having a page in your plugin setup makes it easier for those new to the plugin? Just thinking out loud...
                          Plugin's:

Comment

• I like the method that was used for my WeatherFlow plug-in where you have a button to set the append/prepend for your device but you don't have to push it. This lets you set it in the device or have the plugin do it for you if you like. It also means that updates to the plugin wont un-do any changes you made like decimal places and such. But for those who do not want to go through the hassle of setting images and such they can just push the button.
                            HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition
                            Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
                            Processor Type and Speed: i7 - 3.26 GHz
                            Total Physical Memory: 16Gig

Plugins: BlBackup | EasyTrigger | FitbitSeer | HSTouchServer | Insteon | WeatherXML

Comment

• I'm good with it too. It does offer more flexibility...

Comment

• Ditto..

Jeff, I thought I read in a earlier post of a ver .5 being released but I do not see it my Update or Beta? Mike
                                Computer: CUK Intel NUC7i7BNH
                                Op System: Windows 10 Pro - Work Station
                                HS Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plug-Ins: BLBackup, BLGData, BLRoombaWifi, Device History, EasyTrigger, ImperiHome, Nest, PHLocation, Pushover 3P, Restart, Sonos, UltraCID3, UltraWeatherWU3, Z-Wave, and Jon00 scripts.

Comment

Working...
                                X