weatherXML changes for DarkSky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by codemonkey View Post
    I like the method that was used for my WeatherFlow plug-in where you have a button to set the append/prepend for your device but you don't have to push it. This lets you set it in the device or have the plugin do it for you if you like. It also means that updates to the plugin wont un-do any changes you made like decimal places and such. But for those who do not want to go through the hassle of setting images and such they can just push the button.
    So if I leave the append and prepend on the devices page, and only set the images. and the device append, device prepend, and the device decimal places when the device is first created? I would hate to add an "Update Device Values" button for every device on the Devices page. Are there any posts in the WeatherFlow forums that show what you are describing?
    I should probably check out the WeatherFlow forums to help make my decision on what to get. At the moment, I keep going back and forth between getting the WeatherFlow or one of the Ambient Stations.
    --
    Jeff Farmer
    HS 3, HSPhone
    My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
    Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

• Originally posted by CFGuy View Post

So if I leave the append and prepend on the devices page, and only set the images. and the device append, device prepend, and the device decimal places when the device is first created? I would hate to add an "Update Device Values" button for every device on the Devices page. Are there any posts in the WeatherFlow forums that show what you are describing?
      I should probably check out the WeatherFlow forums to help make my decision on what to get. At the moment, I keep going back and forth between getting the WeatherFlow or one of the Ambient Stations.
      I didn’t know about the WeatherFlow, looks really nice and I like that there aren’t any moving parts. It’s about $200 more than the Ambient Station you were looking at though....I see why you are struggling with the decision...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
      HS3 3.0.0.500 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.71 with 782 Devices, 479 Events
      Plugin's:
      BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee,
      EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
      weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, Z-Wave 3.0.1.252

Comment

• I LOVE my weather flow set up. It's the only crowd funded product that I have every purchased that I didn't regret later.
        I've attached an image of what I'm talking about. Its kind of all or nothing rather than individual devices. And maybe that is an idea as well.

CFGuy, the on first create idea would work for most, just put a note on the device page letting new users know that they are free to edit the devices.
        Attached Files
        HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition
        Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
        Processor Type and Speed: i7 - 3.26 GHz
        Total Physical Memory: 16Gig

Plugins: BlBackup | EasyTrigger | FitbitSeer | HSTouchServer | Insteon | WeatherXML

Comment

I submitted it to the updater on Monday. Waiting for it to be approved. Once you are on version 5 I have added a button on the Debug Log page that will when clicked create an Updater Override file in the Homeseer directory. You can then go to the Plugin Management page and Update Listings. That will add a way to select whatever the most current version of weatherXML is available. Stop the plugin, install the new version, and start the plugin. On startup it will delete the updater override file. The plugin management page will be back to normal. This will let users update sooner than waiting on the approval process.

--
          Jeff Farmer
          HS 3, HSPhone
          Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

I submitted it to the updater on Monday. Waiting for it to be approved. Once you are on version 5 I have added a button on the Debug Log page that will when clicked create an Updater Override file in the Homeseer directory. You can then go to the Plugin Management page and Update Listings. That will add a way to select whatever the most current version of weatherXML is available. Stop the plugin, install the new version, and start the plugin. On startup it will delete the updater override file. The plugin management page will be back to normal. This will let users update sooner than waiting on the approval process.
            Great idea!
            HS3 SEL running Pro Edition 3.0.0.531 on Ubuntu 18.04, mono 5.20, 656 devices, 209 events.
            Plug-Ins: Chromecast, Device History, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, JowiHue, LutronCaseta, MeiUnifi, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, SDJ-Health, Sonos, WeatherFlow, weatherXML
            Scripts: SparkMan's Lock Event, 5 of Jon00 scripts.

Comment

• Apr-11 12:55:32 PM weatherXML Error Requested value '
              DeviceNightIconNameVal0' was not found.

Getting this error in the log.

Comment

• Originally posted by prsmith777 View Post
                Apr-11 12:55:32 PM weatherXML Error Requested value '
                DeviceNightIconNameVal0' was not found.

Getting this error in the log.
                Please send me a logoutput file.
                --
                Jeff Farmer
                HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

• The release info thread will start being updated again for each release.
                  https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/we...-for-hs3/page4
                  --
                  Jeff Farmer
                  HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

• Hi jeff, I know you have been very busy with the implementation, but I was wondering when you get a chance, can you post the screens shot of the device page of how thing should look like. I am not sure if my devices are what they should. I would like to have everything on track before you go ahead to your next phase. Thank you.
                    Hector
                    MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
                    AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

• Has anyone found a list of the names of possible Conditions given by Dark Sky?

NOAA has a list of conditions here https://w1.weather.gov/xml/current_obs/weather.php

I am currently using NOAA conditions for triggering several events by using Easy Trigger regular expressions.

I've noticed that Dark Sky is more accurate for local conditions than NOAA. I'd like to make the switch to Dark Sky and it would be helpful to know what they are using so I can adjust my regex appropriately.

Comment

Has anyone found a list of the names of possible Conditions given by Dark Sky?

NOAA has a list of conditions here https://w1.weather.gov/xml/current_obs/weather.php

I am currently using NOAA conditions for triggering several events by using Easy Trigger regular expressions.

I've noticed that Dark Sky is more accurate for local conditions than NOAA. I'd like to make the switch to Dark Sky and it would be helpful to know what they are using so I can adjust my regex appropriately.
                        Jeff posted a list in post #131 above.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                        HS3 3.0.0.500 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.71 with 782 Devices, 479 Events
                        Plugin's:
                        BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee,
                        EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
                        weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, Z-Wave 3.0.1.252

Comment

• Originally posted by The Profit View Post

Jeff posted a list in post #131 above.
                          Thanks. I saw those. They don't seem to match up exactly. For instance, my current Dark Sky condition is "Mostly Cloudy" and there is no such icon. In order for Regular Expressions to work, I need exact names of their conditions.

Comment

Has anyone found a list of the names of possible Conditions given by Dark Sky?

The conditions make up the name of the images. Ex Condition: Partly cloudy overnight Image: Partly-cloudy-overnight.png
                            --
                            Jeff Farmer
                            HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

The conditions make up the name of the images. Ex Condition: Partly cloudy overnight Image: Partly-cloudy-overnight.png
                              That's interesting but unfortunately doesn't help me much.

I guess if there is no published list of possible conditions, I am going to have to record my conditions in a database. After some time, maybe weeks or months, I should have a list that has most possibilities and then I can go from there. The weather does change a lot here in Colorado

Comment

• the list of names is here:
                                The Dark Sky API allows you to request weather forecasts and historical weather data programmatically. We are asked a lot of questions, and always try to answer them.
                                HS3 SEL running Pro Edition 3.0.0.531 on Ubuntu 18.04, mono 5.20, 656 devices, 209 events.
                                Plug-Ins: Chromecast, Device History, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, JowiHue, LutronCaseta, MeiUnifi, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, SDJ-Health, Sonos, WeatherFlow, weatherXML
                                Scripts: SparkMan's Lock Event, 5 of Jon00 scripts.

Comment

Working...
                                X