Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Of note in the faq is they will use the worst condition of the day for the icon. If it is clear during the day and partly cloudy at night, you'll get partly-cloudy-night.
    HS3 SEL running Pro Edition 3.0.0.531 on Ubuntu 18.04, mono 5.20, 656 devices, 209 events.
    Plug-Ins: Chromecast, Device History, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, JowiHue, LutronCaseta, MeiUnifi, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, SDJ-Health, Sonos, WeatherFlow, weatherXML
    Scripts: SparkMan's Lock Event, 5 of Jon00 scripts.

Comment

• This is also in their Docs. Why shouldn't I use the summary field for “automated purposes?”
      The algorithm that generates a human-readable summary is complex and can produce millions of possible summaries—too many to be practical for automated processing. Moreover, we're constantly tweaking the logic, so any pattern-matching you do against our summaries today could easily break tomorrow! By contrast, we promise to keep the values of icon property documented and warn you of any changes to that list.

I think the closest you will get is in the DSCondition1.json file. It is a snapshot of that moment. You should be able to get by with using that summary since you are using Regex to find certain words. For a list of Conditions that have been imported over time click on the weatherXML Advanced menu button, then Click on Custom. Each time a unique condition is found, it gets added to the list on the custom page. This allows users who want the conditions in a different language to enter the text on the custom page and weatherXML will replace the import text with the entered replacement value. If you prefer Klingon, then enter the Klingon word for the condition.

If you want to clear the list and start fresh with DarkSky running, you can find the list in the hspi_weatherXML.ini file. Look for the section [language conditions]
      Delete all the entries and with the next import of data, the list will start being built again/

--
      Jeff Farmer
      HS 3, HSPhone
      My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
      Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

• Originally posted by Rotech View Post
        Hi jeff, I know you have been very busy with the implementation, but I was wondering when you get a chance, can you post the screens shot of the device page of how thing should look like. I am not sure if my devices are what they should. I would like to have everything on track before you go ahead to your next phase. Thank you.

The image below is the way it should look for DarkSky. Each provider will have a different look now as I only show the devices that can be populated by the provider.
        Something that might help you is not completely done yet so I have not added it to the docs.
        On the HS device management page, set it to show the conditions devices. Find the Group Root device and click on the name to edit it. There is a tab labeled weatherXML. Click on that tab. You should get a list of the devices that have been added that are not supported by the current provider. You can manually delete them or there is a button labeled Delete Unsupported Devices. Clicking that button will delete the devices for just that location. BUT IT IS PERMANENT. You can not get them back.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	4
Size:	103.4 KB
ID:	1298625
        --
        Jeff Farmer
        HS 3, HSPhone
        Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

• Originally posted by CFGuy View Post

<snip> Once you are on version 5 I have added a button on the Debug Log page that will when clicked create an Updater Override file in the Homeseer directory. You can then go to the Plugin Management page and Update Listings. That will add a way to select whatever the most current version of weatherXML is available.<snip>
          I am unable to download 3.0.1.7, as it does not show up in the updater file. I was able to go from .5 to .6 with no problem...
          HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.500
          Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro - Work Station

Enabled Plug-Ins:
          2.1.0.119: AmbientWeather | 3.0.21.0: BLLock | 2.0.24.0: BLUPS | 1.3.6.0: Device History | 3.0.0.56: EasyTrigger | 3.1.0.7: MeiHarmonyHub | 3.0.6681.34300: UltraCID3 | 3.0.6644.26753: UltraLog3 | 3.0.6554.33094: UltraMon3 | 3.0.0.91: weatherXML | 3.0.1.245: Z-Wave | 3.0.51: HS Touch Designer | 3.0.0.40 Z-Seer+

Comment

• It will be there later. I went ahead and added it to the release thread because of the change to location names for new devices. If you add a new device you will either have to change the location of the new device to match your existing ones or you will need to change the existing devices locations.
            Once .7 is available I will post here along with a big warning about the names.
            --
            Jeff Farmer
            HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

• Jeff, notice one of my devices seem to have an issue in the HSTouch Forecast Image Rotator device when you select a forecast Image (right most column) it opens but no text is being displayed but you can move down the invisible list and it will select a image to display. What and how is this device suppose to work? Mike
              Attached Files
              Computer: CUK Intel NUC7i7BNH
              Op System: Windows 10 Pro - Work Station
              HS Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plug-Ins: BLBackup, BLGData, BLRoombaWifi, Device History, EasyTrigger, ImperiHome, Nest, PHLocation, Pushover 3P, Restart, Sonos, UltraCID3, UltraWeatherWU3, Z-Wave, and Jon00 scripts.

Comment

• MNB,
                That is definately a bug. It should list Day 0 through Day N.
                In my HSTouch setup, I have a page that shows a summary of the Day 0 to Day 7 forecast. I have set the image for the day to be clickable.
                When clicked it opens a smaller screen over the top of the forecast page. It has a lot more detail for the page selected.
                At the time I made the page there was either no way to dynamically set an image box or there was and I didn't know about it.
                I was able though to call an event so I would set the Forecast Image Rotator to the value of that days image. When done you clicked anywhere on the small screen and it closed.
                When the ability to dynamically change to a particular image, I went that route.
                If HS Mobile gets to where it can show images better, then I could see doing a screen with todays forecast and adding a button to rotate all of the data to the next day.
                That would require a few more devices to rotate the data as well as the images, but would help save screen space in both HSTouch and HSMobile.

I'll look at this and if its a quick fix I will get it into .7 that I plan on posting this evening. US Central Time, around 7 ish.

--
                Jeff Farmer
                HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

• Originally posted by CFGuy View Post
                  This is also in their Docs. Why shouldn't I use the summary field for “automated purposes?”
                  The algorithm that generates a human-readable summary is complex and can produce millions of possible summaries—too many to be practical for automated processing. Moreover, we're constantly tweaking the logic, so any pattern-matching you do against our summaries today could easily break tomorrow! By contrast, we promise to keep the values of icon property documented and warn you of any changes to that list.

I think the closest you will get is in the DSCondition1.json file. It is a snapshot of that moment. You should be able to get by with using that summary since you are using Regex to find certain words. For a list of Conditions that have been imported over time click on the weatherXML Advanced menu button, then Click on Custom. Each time a unique condition is found, it gets added to the list on the custom page. This allows users who want the conditions in a different language to enter the text on the custom page and weatherXML will replace the import text with the entered replacement value. If you prefer Klingon, then enter the Klingon word for the condition.

If you want to clear the list and start fresh with DarkSky running, you can find the list in the hspi_weatherXML.ini file. Look for the section [language conditions]
                  Delete all the entries and with the next import of data, the list will start being built again/

Thanks Jeff. This helps a lot. Looks like I have my work cut out for me.

Comment

• Jeff thanxs for the quick comeback, this is not a drop dead issue only a observation and isn't something that requires immediate attention, Mike
                    Computer: CUK Intel NUC7i7BNH
                    Op System: Windows 10 Pro - Work Station
                    HS Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plug-Ins: BLBackup, BLGData, BLRoombaWifi, Device History, EasyTrigger, ImperiHome, Nest, PHLocation, Pushover 3P, Restart, Sonos, UltraCID3, UltraWeatherWU3, Z-Wave, and Jon00 scripts.

Comment

Changed code to lower case the updater_override.txt file name.
                      Fixed error where precipitation percent was not getting set to the correct value for those that use a comma for the decimal separator.. Ex. .10 vs ,10
                      Add Wind Gusts to the Forecast devices for provider DarkSky
                      Speak Devices: Modified the Forecast Day N to be a textarea instead of a textbox.

Note: The folowing does not affect existing Devices. Only as you add new devices.
                      Once a device is created you can change any of the location values and the device name. All the code uses the refID to make changes.

Devices with a location of "weather Forecast" will now be set to "weather Forecast Legacy"
                      Devices with a location "weather Current" will now be set to "weather Current Legacy"
                      Devices with a location "HSTouch Forecast" will become "weather Forecasts"
                      Devices with a location "HSTouch Current" will become "weather Conditions"
                      --
                      Jeff Farmer
                      HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

• Originally posted by MNB View Post
                        Jeff thanxs for the quick comeback, this is not a drop dead issue only a observation and isn't something that requires immediate attention, Mike
                        For now, edit the status graphic entries and just add Day 0, Day 1, Day 2, Day 3, Day 4, Day 5, etc. in the status parts.
                        --
                        Jeff Farmer
                        HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

• Originally posted by ewkearns View Post

I am unable to download 3.0.1.7, as it does not show up in the updater file. I was able to go from .5 to .6 with no problem...
                          Version .7 is now in the updater file.
                          --
                          Jeff Farmer
                          HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

• Dear Jeff,
                            Thanks for the amazing Plugin. I've used it for quite a while with WU and I'm now trying to switch to DarkSky.
                            Unfortunately I face some issues with the conversion from Fahrenheit to Celsius. I've read almost the entire HSboard but can't find the answer :-(
                            My temps seems to be imported in Fahrenheit (45.32) but are converted to 2500.
                            In the units screen and the HS setup screen Celsius is selected.
                            HS 3.0.0.500
                            WeatherXML 3.0.1.5

Thanks for your good work!

Jos

Comment

• I submitted version .6 to the HS updater Friday evening. The issue is that when I wrote the functions for conversion between using, I forgot to add in the code to use a comma instead of a dot for the decimal separator.

See this post for an explanation and a way to download beta versions that have not been submitted to the updater yet.
                              https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/we...eather-devices
                              --
                              Jeff Farmer
                              HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

• Thanks for the quick reply. It solved the problem!

Comment

Working...
                                X