Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• prsmith777
    replied
    Click image for larger version  Name:	wu.png Views:	1 Size:	7.6 KB ID:	1291289
    This is from my WU profile page. They say I have a paid membership until 3/3/2020. I think its an error on their part, because I never paid anything to them.

So if you havent changed the WU plugin settings yet and my API is still working, then I should be able to try the beta without breaking the PWS data stream, correct? I want to get those record highs and lows back so I can announce them.

Leave a comment:

• CFGuy
    replied
    I just tried to use my existing API key and I am getting an error that the download is blocked.
    However, I don't have a weather station so I was just going by what has been posted on the WU forums. There was a link posted to: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...qpE_gArAY/edit
    The information given was that the users who keep sending data to WU will get a free API for conditions and a 5 day forecast. And the API docs are at the link I posted.
    Since it is still working for you then they may not have gotten the new API up and running yet and left it on for those with stations.
    I have not had a chance to start changing the WU code for forecast or conditions so looks like it will still keep working for you.

Leave a comment:

• prsmith777
    replied
    Originally posted by CFGuy View Post

Unfortunately it will break. The reason is because the data download from WU is not the same anymore. The download files have been changed. I do plan on rewriting the WU download and import to work with the new formats. But they will not be providing as much as they used to. According to the docs they posted they will provide the conditions data from your weather station and provide a 5 day forecast. The hourly, history, radar image, and almanac is gone for good.

I have found a source for replacing the hourly forecast but it is not ready yet.

If WU has changed the way data is imported, then why is my PWS still sending data to WU and your plugin still pulling data into the database? I pull data every five minutes. I'm confused.

Not all is working though: The record high and low and last year high and low stopped working on 3/5/19.... just now noticed that.

Leave a comment:

• CFGuy
    replied
    Originally posted by drparker151 View Post
    CFGuy

They document that they can have icons called "partly-cloudy-night" In the forecast I'm pulling I get "Night: Partly Cloudy Day" is this a formatting issue or are they sending the wrong Icon data?

Click image for larger version Name:	cloudy.png Views:	1 Size:	89.9 KB ID:	1291266
    I used the daily setting for forecast and they only provide one icon for the day. For conditions they still just provide one icon but it switches between day and night for the icon names.
    Once this release is stable, I will play around with some of the other download settings to see what else is possible.

Leave a comment:

• CFGuy
    replied
    Originally posted by prsmith777 View Post
    For some strange reason, my Weather Underground API license says it wont expire until 3/2020. So far it is still working as usual.

Will this beta version break my ability to use the old WU API?
    Unfortunately it will break. The reason is because the data download from WU is not the same anymore. The download files have been changed. I do plan on rewriting the WU download and import to work with the new formats. But they will not be providing as much as they used to. According to the docs they posted they will provide the conditions data from your weather station and provide a 5 day forecast. The hourly, history, radar image, and almanac is gone for good.

I have found a source for replacing the hourly forecast but it is not ready yet.

Leave a comment:

• drparker151
    replied
    CFGuy

They document that they can have icons called "partly-cloudy-night" In the forecast I'm pulling I get "Night: Partly Cloudy Day" is this a formatting issue or are they sending the wrong Icon data?

Click image for larger version  Name:	cloudy.png Views:	1 Size:	89.9 KB ID:	1291266

Leave a comment:

• drparker151
    replied
    Working great. I noticed it is using different names for the icons than NOAA did and from looking at the API docs darkSky does not provide icons. So I took some of the NOAA icons and created icons that match DarkSky naming in two sizes. Put the size you want to use into the /html/images/weatherXML/condtion directory

Here's where I found the naming DS will use. https://darksky.net/dev/docs#response-format

darksky-icons.zip

Leave a comment:

• prsmith777
    replied
    For some strange reason, my Weather Underground API license says it wont expire until 3/2020. So far it is still working as usual.

Will this beta version break my ability to use the old WU API?

Leave a comment:

• prje
    replied
    Thank you Jeff, excellent work!!! Everything is working fine for me. Your instruction were very thorough. Really appreciate the effort.

Leave a comment:

• CFGuy
    started a topic weatherXML changes for DarkSky

weatherXML changes for DarkSky

This post has been updated due to the DarkSky version being in the HS updater now and no longer a zip file to download.

NOTE:
    The version of weatherXML with DarkSky is now in the HomeSeer Updater.
    It can be installed from the Plugin Management page.
    If you are upgrading from a version before 3.0.1.0 then read through the following.

3.0.1.0 and greater of weatherXML with phase 1 of DarkSky gives you Conditions and 7 Day forecast.
    The Conditions and Forecast will keep using the same Devices so you DO NOT have to redo your HSTouch or HS Mobile screens.
    You will NOT, repeat NOT, (Did I say NOT?) have to delete your devices with the following exceptions:

(PLEASE do this before you update to the new version.)
    Delete All of the Devices that are in the Daily Section.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture2.PNG Views:	59 Size:	45.7 KB ID:	1291208
    The above image is from the HSTouch/Data Tab (Renamed Devices in the new version) in weatherXML admin.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture.PNG Views:	46 Size:	15.8 KB ID:	1291209
    The above image is from the Devices Tab (Renamed Legacy Devices in the new version) in weatherXML admin.
    This section is gone in the new version.

If you are on a version earlier than 3.0.1.0.
    Delete these devices by clicking to remove the green checkmark. Doing this before you upgrade will make it easier due to:
    One of the big changes in the new version is the devices pages have been renamed. The HSTouch/Data menu button is now labeled Devices and is in the top row.
    The old Devices menu button is now labeled Legacy Devices and is under the button labeled Advanced.
    The Last Year High, Last Year Low, Moon Phase, New Moon, and Full Moon devices have been moved to the Conditions section. You will be able to select them there after you upgrade.

If you are on a version greater than 3.0.1.0
    Go to the Device Management page and select weatherXML Daily Devices and delete them there.

The hourly section is temporarily gone. It will be in Phase 2 of adding DarkSky.

Another big change is that when you go to the Device pages in the new version, you will only see an option to add the devices that the selected Provider actually provides data for.
    Ex. NOAA doesn't provide precipitation data for conditions. The Rain device checkboxs will not show on the page. You can cheat the system and select a different provider and add those devices, but when you switch back to NOAA, you still won't get any rain data.

On the Device Management page, find the root device for the Condtiions devices. Click on the device name. Look for a weatherXML tab next to the Status Devices. If there are devices that don't work with the selected provider, it will have a list of those devices. You can delete them or click the button to have them deleted. If you are just upgrading tp use DarkSky don't delete any devices until after you have selected DarkSky as your provider.

After upgrading weatherXML, go to the Locations admin page and select DarkSky as the Conditions provider. Enter the API, Lat and Long.

Click on the Admin button labeled Settings. In the Logging Level dropdown select weatherXML Log File.
    If you look at the menu buttons you will see a new button labeled Debug Log.
    This page will now redirect all of the weatherXML log entries to this page.

Click Clear Log
    Go to the Schedules page and manually run the conditions schedule.

Go back to the Debug Log page and you will see the log output from weatherXML.
    Look for any red lines. These will be error messages. If you need help with an error, please click the button Save To File.
    In the HomeSeer HS3/data/weatherXML directory you will find a file named logOutput.txt.
    Please email me that file along with an explanation of what you were doing in the plugin when you got the error.

Last edited by CFGuy; May 20th, 2019, 06:53 AM. Reason: Updated post to inform that the plugin is now in the HS updater.
Working...
X