No announcement yet.

weatherXML changes for DarkSky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just noticed that the Dark Sky forecast days of the week are listed as "false"

Click image for larger version

Name:	false.png
Views:	146
Size:	143.9 KB
ID:	1301808

Comment

• Yep. That was something I was working on but jumped off to try to get some more data for the barometer issue. The names are working in the release going to the updater tomorrow.
      --
      Jeff Farmer
      HS 3, HSPhone
      My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
      Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

• Jeff. You posted on April 6th (and I apologize, but I don't seem to be able to quote it) about accumulated daily rain devices and running totals. I am running v3.0.1.9 with DarkSky but I can't see where to configure this.
        Many thanks James

cheeryfool

Comment

• None of the current providers have a daily rain total. DarkSky has a total for the previous hour but no total for the day. I have found a provider that does provide it, but I have other items that I need to finish before I add another provider. Unfortunately, my real job keeps getting in the way of my hobby.
          --
          Jeff Farmer
          HS 3, HSPhone
          Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

• Originally posted by CFGuy View Post
            None of the current providers have a daily rain total. DarkSky has a total for the previous hour but no total for the day. I have found a provider that does provide it, but I have other items that I need to finish before I add another provider. Unfortunately, my real job keeps getting in the way of my hobby.
            Yes, I have that problem too. Thanks for the update. Really miss the WU PWS data.
            cheeryfool

Comment

• if you have one of the PWS owners api, then you will be able to get the daily total. I am working on the new WU API and the DarkSky replacement for hourly forecasts.
              --
              Jeff Farmer
              HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

if you have one of the PWS owners api, then you will be able to get the daily total. I am working on the new WU API and the DarkSky replacement for hourly forecasts.
                No, unfortunately I don't own a PWS, I was grabbing data via WU from one really close by.
                cheeryfool

Comment

None of the current providers have a daily rain total. DarkSky has a total for the previous hour but no total for the day. I have found a provider that does provide it, but I have other items that I need to finish before I add another provider. Unfortunately, my real job keeps getting in the way of my hobby.
                  So where in the plugin do you configure the rain for the previous hour or have I misunderstood that this is not supported currently at all?

Robert
                  HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

• For DarkSky you can go to the Devices page and there is an option to select the Rain: Last Hour. I don't think it is the actual inches of rain in the past hour though. I set my schedule up to download once an hour every hour and to keep 100 backup files. I went through and started to add up the totals in the files but it did not add up. From what I can tell by looking at the data it seems to be an average rate of rain in the past hour.
                    --
                    Jeff Farmer
                    HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

Working...
                    X