This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by grtaylor View Post
    I do have images with names that match those needed by DarkSky in the correct folder. Take a look at my screenshot for Icon Name 1 and the graphic shown for Icon Image 1 - the image being shown is not named rain.png. There is a rain.png file in the folder, and it's not that one. It's the one showing for Icon Image 0. that graphic is named rain.png.
    Ok, hold off on any more changes and I will dig through the code to see why it's not updating.

--
    Jeff Farmer
    HS 3, HSPhone
    My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
    Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

grtaylor, I owe you an apology. I should have checked the code before assuming, I deleted the devices in my setup and re added them. The image did not update. I found an issue in the code. If you have the Forecast source set to "Same as Current" instead of "DarkSky" a variable was not getting set. This caused the device to not get the image put into the Status Graphics. I have fixed it and placed a new build in the zip file. Use the download link sent in the email and download the zip file again. This time you only need to copy the hspi_weatherXML.exe file out of the zip.
      --
      Jeff Farmer
      HS 3, HSPhone
      Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

So, mine was working because it was set to DarkSky.
        HS3 SEL running Pro Edition 3.0.0.531 on Ubuntu 18.04, mono 5.20, 656 devices, 209 events.
        Plug-Ins: Chromecast, Device History, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, JowiHue, LutronCaseta, MeiUnifi, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, SDJ-Health, Sonos, WeatherFlow, weatherXML
        Scripts: SparkMan's Lock Event, 5 of Jon00 scripts.

Comment

Originally posted by drparker151 View Post
          So, mine was working because it was set to DarkSky.
          Correct.
          --
          Jeff Farmer
          HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

Jeff, I really do appreciate it, and you most certainly don't owe me an apology, but it's good of you to offer one. We're all in your debt here for your amazing work and efforts.

That fixed my forecast icons - thank you.

My Current Condition device still doesn't have an icon however, which it used to before I changed. I have the word 'overcast' in it right now (which is correct), and a value of -999.

When I trigger the Current Conditions download I get the following, but the device icon doesn't update.

2019-03-11 04:10:48.5846418 PM weatherXML Set Condition: Overcast
            2019-03-11 04:10:48.5846418 PM weatherXML Set CurCondIconName: cloudy.png
            2019-03-11 04:10:48.6002647 PM weatherXML saveIconCondition: cloudy.png

Comment

I just noticed the check box next to Condition Icon wasn't checked - so I checked it and now I have a new device, with the right icon.

What's odd, is I've never had that device before. I can use it, I'll have to re-do a bunch of screens to use it, but did something change? Did the 'Condition' device previously have an icon too....? That's kind of odd - I can update my screens, but wondering if you have a simple explanation - don't agonize over it, but it might help someone else.

Comment

Originally posted by sickpuppy View Post
                Jeff, can you check what is being pulled from DS's servers for "Dark Sky Forecast 1." Both yesterday and today, I'm getting the nighttime forecast for what would be tomorrow's forecast, which also results in a corresponding nighttime icon. Forecast devices 2-7 all have daytime forecasts/icons.
                thanks
                This problem is also the case with 'Condition 1'. Thus, both 'Condition 1' and 'Forecast 1' will show the evening conditions/forecasts, but all other days will have the day forecast. Anyone else notice this?

Comment

Hi Jeff,

Been working on setting up the new version. Not sure if I did something wrong but my Forecast is saving double.
                  Monday
                  Mar/11/2019
                  Foggy in the morning.
                  Monday
                  Mar/11/2019
                  Foggy in the morning.
                  Tuesday
                  Mar/12/2019
                  Overcast throughout the day and breezy overnight.
                  Tuesday
                  Mar/12/2019
                  Overcast throughout the day and breezy overnight.
                  Wednesday
                  Mar/13/2019
                  Breezy until afternoon and light rain in the afternoon.
                  Wednesday
                  Mar/13/2019
                  Breezy until afternoon and light rain in the afternoon.
                  Thursday
                  Mar/14/2019
                  Mostly cloudy until afternoon.
                  Thursday
                  Mar/14/2019
                  Mostly cloudy until afternoon.
                  So my speak items are now not working correctly. Not sure if the variables with DarkSky are the same:
                  Forecast Day: Name of Day N 0 (Today) #dayName0#
                  Forecast Text: Nighttime of Day N 0 (Today) #nightForecast0#
                  Text: End This is just another place for text to be spoken. OR the end speak tag if changing voices.

Thanks,

Michael

Comment

Originally posted by grtaylor View Post
                    I just noticed the check box next to Condition Icon wasn't checked - so I checked it and now I have a new device, with the right icon.

What's odd, is I've never had that device before. I can use it, I'll have to re-do a bunch of screens to use it, but did something change? Did the 'Condition' device previously have an icon too....? That's kind of odd - I can update my screens, but wondering if you have a simple explanation - don't agonize over it, but it might help someone else.
                    I still have an older version HS test computers setup and I checked it. The Condition device only has the text for the Condition. The device that was called Condition Icon has both the Image and text for condition. The Condition device in the Legacy setup does have both the Icon and the text but it is not HSTouch friendly. All of the Legacy devices use html to format their look. They work ok in webpages but HSTouch elements will strip out html causing none of the layout to look right.
                    --
                    Jeff Farmer
                    HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

This problem is also the case with 'Condition 1'. Thus, both 'Condition 1' and 'Forecast 1' will show the evening conditions/forecasts, but all other days will have the day forecast. Anyone else notice this?
                      Does this happen the entire day or does it change from the day icon to night icon at a certain time of day?
                      --
                      Jeff Farmer
                      HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

Originally posted by Jobee View Post
                        Hi Jeff,

Been working on setting up the new version. Not sure if I did something wrong but my Forecast is saving double.

Thanks,

Michael
                        Can you get me a screen shot?
                        --
                        Jeff Farmer
                        HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

I think I know the problem - it's on DS's end. To troubleshoot, I entered a different lat/lon, Orlando which is 1000 miles away from me. The error is not there. So it's something about my lat/lon, although I don't know how far out from my lat/lon I would need to go to have DS provide the correct daytime data. I will play around with the numbers but will probably end up contacting DS to look into it.

Comment

I think I know the problem - it's on DS's end. To troubleshoot, I entered a different lat/lon, Orlando which is 1000 miles away from me. The error is not there. So it's something about my lat/lon, although I don't know how far out from my lat/lon I would need to go to have DS provide the correct daytime data. I will play around with the numbers but will probably end up contacting DS to look into it.
                            If you are still having issues after some testing, you can send you lat and long to me and I enter it in one of my test locations.
                            --
                            Jeff Farmer
                            HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

Jeff,

I have changed my Location display title to a shorter version than it use to be because I was having trouble reading the device descriptions in the HSTouch designer (they were to long). How do I get the actual plugin devices updated to reflect the shorter name? Will the plugin do it or is it something I need to do manually?

Judd

Comment

Originally posted by CFGuy View Post

Can you get me a screen shot?

Comment

Working...
                                X